Gaming Pre-owned game inspection

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have several games coming in I purchased pre-owned online. I have time with ones from Walmart and bestbuy, but glyde only allows 72 hours to reject. Other than scratches what should I be looking for? How far I to the game should I play?

ILOVETOPLAYNESGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have several games coming in I purchased pre-owned online. I have time with ones from Walmart and bestbuy, but glyde only allows 72 hours to reject. Other than scratches what should I be looking for? How far I to the game should I play?
Other than scratches, the things I check for are strange discolorations that may mean it was in poor temperatures after an inferior resurface, and moisture got trapped.. if you see scratches on the label side, apparently that means that it made it through to the data layer so resurfacing wouldn't help.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If possible, load up the games in a quiet room so you can hear the Wii U as it starts spinning the discs. First take a listen to a known good disc and use that as reference. Some game discs may look fine (with just a few scratches), however may not spin properly due to temperature, humidity, trapped oxygen, etc. If the game disc spins up nicely, it's a go. :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, will do that. It is amazing how the used prices go up and down so quickly day to day and how some used prices can be more than the a new copy.

How much of a discount off new do people consider it worth getting used?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks, will do that. It is amazing how the used prices go up and down so quickly day to day and how some used prices can be more than the a new copy.

How much of a discount off new do people consider it worth getting used?

For a recent/popular game, about 20-30% off the price of a new is worth for me looking into a used copy. If it's any less than that, I'll just get it brand new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn