m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah that did the trick, thank you, my bad. It seems the default config has some missing mappings like Pause or the triggers, but that's a quick fix.
Would be interesting which setting in particular caused is.
And yea iirc those were seperate files tho so u can just copy em over

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Would be interesting which setting in particular caused is.
And yea iirc those were seperate files tho so u can just copy em over

True, I'll try to recreate it today when I get the chance and I'll post the files here.

EDIT: Sorry, I tried doing what I remember doing when placing the files but I can't seem to recreate the issue again. If I somehow encounter it again I'll share.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
SSX On Tour has become unplayable for whatever reason on the newest build. It was perfectly playable before, but now its 5-6 fps. Other games work fine tho which is weird. Sadly in RA PPSSPP it has buggy snow collision so the only way to play it is using Standalone.

Last edited by bad361,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SSX On Tour has become unplayable for whatever reason on the newest build. It was perfectly playable before, but now its 5-6 fps. Other games work fine tho which is weird. Sadly in RA PPSSPP it has buggy snow collision so the only way to play it is using Standalone.

New settings are exposed so i recommend checking them. Can be a bad default.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yeah, i figured it out, was just about to report here. Hardware tessellation butchers the fps in this game (weirdly it doesn't affect other games). Turning it off completely solves the problem. It goes from 6fps back to fullspeed 30.

Last edited by bad361,

FFTfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for all your hard work bringing this to us!

I have a question if you would be so kind:

Is it possible for the user to specifically change the degree of texture upscaling *coverage* (as opposed to just the x2. x3 etc. factor of intensity)?
If not, is it a feature you would consider adding? Partial as opposed to full coverage is *much* lighter on performance cost in Tactics Ogre.

Context:

I remember reading a forum post by Lunamoo some time ago where it was explained to a user that the degree of coverage of texture upscaling is applied variably and sparingly due to the performance cost. . .? From trying your builds with Tactics Ogre, I noticed that the performance impact of texture upscaling is not just dependent on the upscaling filter and its intensity, but also its degree of coverage in application.

Accordingly, in Tactics Ogre at 2x native res when 2xBR upscaling is applied in full coverage (i.e. on unit sprites *and* background environmental assets), the framerate and audio hitch and stutter with particular stress points being spells / special abilities, or when changing camera view perspective (to top-down instead of isometric) or zoom / magnification, switching to menus, highlighting characters with the cursor etc.

*However*, I noticed that when *full* environmental coverage was disengaged, leaving only *partial* coverage where only the textures of the character/unit sprites were being upscaled, I get a pretty much smooth and solid 60fps, even during the aforementioned stress points. In fact, the performance cost was reduced so much that I was able to increase the xBR upscaling factor from x2 to x3 and still maintain 60 in the same contexts!

(This actually suits the experience well imo as Tactics Ogre's character sprites benefit much more from the texture upscale than the backgrounds do. The result is a worthwhile trade-off, nicely upscaled sprites with good performance.)

I'm not aware of any setting, tweak or hack that enables control of the degree of coverage but I was able to get it to change from full to partial by pausing into menu and ticking / un-ticking the vsync box, but every so often something would trigger full coverage to re-engage (e.g. going into a menu or status screen, or going back into the PPSSPP settings menu). Also, setting frameskip to auto seemed to increase the likelihood of the partial coverage 'mode' sticking.

Is there any way the aforementioned degree of texture upscaling coverage can be specifically adjusted by the user in a more lasting fashion beyond the ad hoc methods I outlined above? An ini tweak of some sort perhaps? I would think it might benefit some other games too.

Sorry for the length and many thanks in advance.

Last edited by FFTfanatic,

cai_miao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi m4xw, maybe i've been repeat the same request, but
do you consider make the output to 720p when in handheld mode? thank you...

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me how texture replacement works? Trying to get Persona 3 Portable to work with the 3x textures. Tried to upscale 3x with the community texture pack but unsure if it’s actually working. Where do the texture replacement files go? Do I just enable it by up scaling it to 3x in PPSSPP settings?

Any help here is much appreciated.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me how texture replacement works? Trying to get Persona 3 Portable to work with the 3x textures. Tried to upscale 3x with the community texture pack but unsure if it’s actually working. Where do the texture replacement files go? Do I just enable it by up scaling it to 3x in PPSSPP settings?

Any help here is much appreciated.
Textures go inside sd:/switch/ppsspp/config/ppsspp/PSP/TEXTURES/GAME_ID so for the US version of p3p the GAME_ID folder would be ULUS10512
You also have to enable Tools->Developer Tools->Replace Textures in the settings

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Textures go inside sd:/switch/ppsspp/config/ppsspp/PSP/TEXTURES/GAME_ID so for the US version of p3p the GAME_ID folder would be ULUS10512
You also have to enable Tools->Developer Tools->Replace Textures in the settings
Thanks a bunch that seemed to work. Probably mentioned somewhere but is there button combination to exit the game and go back to PPSSPP settings?

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch that seemed to work. Probably mentioned somewhere but is there button combination to exit the game and go back to PPSSPP settings?
You're welcome.
If you downloaded the version m4xw posted on the previous page you have to go into Control Mapping Settings and bind "Pause" to a button because for some reason it's not bound by default anymore.

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried PSP GL 1.11.2 and the latest release from this thread as well but I keep getting this black ui when launching ppsspp with title redirection/full ram. Any idea how to fix this?

Attachments

• 2021080523220500-75EA6B6DBAD83649DC8B76075B47ECDA.jpg
    2021080523220500-75EA6B6DBAD83649DC8B76075B47ECDA.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o