Gaming [PPOTW #30] Is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes worth the asking price?

Is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes worth the asking price?

• Yes

Votes: 57 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 257 75.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 27 7.9%

• Total voters

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fanboy alert, def con five!

Your first two sentences say it all. You essentially admit that it's okay "because it's MGS," and then proceed to give a long-winded, ridiculous metaphor as if that somehow excuses it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize this a Metal Gear bashing thread.
My apologies for actually thinking that the game is good based on MY own opinion of it firsthand, outside of what the 12 yr. olds / ADD afflicted main-stream non fans of the series think (the goons who may not have even played the game to begin with, i.e. irrelevant opinions) 3-)

The only thing "ridiculous" is your list of "now playing games".
Who cares what YOU'RE playing?
If we care, we'll ask ya! hahaha

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize this a Metal Gear bashing thread.
My apologies for actually thinking that the game is good based on MY own opinion of it firsthand, outside of what the 12 yr. olds / ADD afflicted main-stream non fans of the series think (the goons who may not have even played the game to begin with, i.e. irrelevant opinions) 3-)

The only thing "ridiculous" is your list of "now playing games".
Who cares what YOU'RE playing?
If we care, we'll ask ya! hahaha

I never said anything bashing MGS. In fact, I think bashing the whole series just because of the length of Ground Zeroes would be just as silly as defending Ground Zeroes because of the series its in.

The problem with your post is that, aside from mentioning that you spent 6 hours and had more to do (which is a perfectly fine point), it boiled down to "it's MGS, of course it's worth it!" That kind of blind consumerist attitude is exactly what encourages companies to pull this shit off in the first place.

If you're content with the game's length, whether it's just because you're an MGS fan or not, that's perfectly fine. I know that if this were an entry in a series that I was a really big fan of (Zelda or Metroid, for example), I would've probably picked it up day one, too. But don't try to damage control the game's length for everyone else unless you have compelling reasons.

Also, look how insecure you are: I disagree with you, and you feel the need to insult the Backloggery link in my signature, as if it somehow has any bearing on the conversation. That's cute.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got around to playing this and while I still feel like $30 was a lot to ask for, I did have a ton of fun on it. I'm still working towards all the S ranks but I've managed to get 6 or so hours in. I might keep running around and causing mischief because the gameplay feels so good.

I hope they give some kind of discount on 5 for all the people who bought GZ. That'd be fair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc