OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@borissaid

Can you try this version ?

>

Note that this version WILL FAIL running titles, I just need confirmation that you are able to browse titles inside pl2.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I'm not sure I'm clear what you're asking. If I press 1 to switch to channel mode, then hit the home button and go to NAND Source, I can select "usb://nand". Nothing changes until I refresh the title cache which is when I get the error ret=-101. After which, it will display the channels on my real nand while still displaying "emulated nand usb://nand" or similar at the top of the screen (text could be different, I'm not in front of it at the moment). Thanks again.

Just saw your link: I am away from my Wii for the next 8 hours or so, will report back with results when I get home. Thanks!

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
borissaid said:
Thanks. I'm not sure I'm clear what you're asking. If I press 1 to switch to channel mode, then hit the home button and go to NAND Source, I can select "usb://nand". Nothing changes until I refresh the title cache which is when I get the error ret=-101. After which, it will display the channels on my real nand while still displaying "emulated nand usb://nand" or similar at the top of the screen (text could be different, I'm not in front of it at the moment). Thanks again.

Ok... it was what I'm asking... so you have miss to report that you have also "--path=/nand" in mighty channels xml... right ?

Please try build 31t2, if you will able to browse the nand, you will able also to boot titles with this release (ehmmm, I hope so
biggrin.gif
)

>

QUOTE(borissaid @ Sep 15 2011, 02:06 PM) Just saw your link: I am away from my Wii for the next 8 hours or so, will report back with results when I get home. Thanks!

wink.gif

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to look at the xml file again to verfiy that argument, but it sounds familiar. I appreciate your help, I'll try when I get back.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did have that "path" argument in Mighty Channels meta.xml.

And yes, I am pleased to report, it loads my emulated NAND perfectly now with the new build you posted and I can launch titles. Thanks alot, that
s awesome work!

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
borissaid said:
Yes I did have that "path" argument in Mighty Channels meta.xml.

And yes, I am pleased to report, it loads my emulated NAND perfectly now with the new build you posted and I can launch titles. Thanks alot, that
s awesome work!

Thank you for the report
wink.gif

I do not make a full package, but added buid 31t2 to the first post.

Changes 31t2:

* postLoader/nandbooter will try to search the nand on the first 4 partition of an hdd. It can't selected interactively, the first valid fat32 found will be mounted.

harroxelas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
stfour,

This app is fantastic, congratulations. I've been using it for the past few weeks and it's working great. Since then, I haven't run the homebrew channel once!

There are just two things bothering me. I dunno if they're implemented and I just can't find them or if you're still working on them (or maybe not!).

1) Disc Channel: Is there a way to run the disc channel from postloader2? I have a modchip and I still run my GC backups from the disc channel, it's still useful to me.

2) SD Card Menu: I moved all my WiiWare and VC titles to the SD Card Menu, is there a way to access it through postloader 2?

Thanks for making this great app.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you haroxellas...

About point 1 I have no idea... it can be interesting... I will investigate on it.

Point 2, if I understand well, you mean vc/wiiware copied to sd using system menu. To run them it is required to copy them to real nand, with writing access to the real nand and boot them. I think It is dangerous for my level of knowledge. More, with the availability of nand emulation and neek, it isn't so usefull.

harroxelas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
stfour said:
Thank you haroxellas...

About point 1 I have no idea... it can be interesting... I will investigate on it.

Cheers mate!

QUOTE(stfour @ Sep 16 2011, 02:11 PM) Point 2, if I understand well, you mean vc/wiiware copied to sd using system menu. To run them it is required to copy them to real nand, with writing access to the real nand and boot them. I think It is dangerous for my level of knowledge. More, with the availability of nand emulation and neek, it isn't so usefull.

Yes, I copied the vc/wiiware using the system menu. After using postloader2 for some time you get used to being just one click away from all your applications.
tongue.gif

It's just that to access the vc/wiiware I need to run the system menu and run them from there.

As for nand emu, I tried it and everything but to keep my save files organized is kind of a pain so I just dropped it and stuck with using only the real nand.

I was thinking it would be possible to show them along with the channels since the vc/wiiware wads were never uninstalled, they're all there, I just moved them.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer and looking into it.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he can't call the disc channel as it isn't a channel. he can do what many apps do and load the disc himself though. he'd just have to add the same code to read the disc and setup the memory and then jump to the code.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
stfour said:
I'm debugging the uneek nand switcher... if there aren't big problems I think it will be released before the end of the week.

It seems that I can respect the release date... I need to do some little adjustments, but the switching system is working well, and it is fast !

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here it is:

Code:
postLoader2 b32

* postLoader/nandbooter will try to search the nand on the first 4 partition of an hdd. It can't selected interactively, the first valid fat32 found will be mounted. 
* plneek.dol: added nand switching utilty to package.
* Corrected a bug intruduced in the past that was preventing the possibility to disable usb initialization (mainly usefull under uneek)
* pl: Added to option menu, neek nand selection and reboot items.

CODEUNEEK Nand switcher notes:
----------------------------------------
Requirements:
* Newest priibooter.dol (dist. from b31 or above) installed in priiloader
* an sd inside the wii with uneek configured
* plneek.dol on the root of sd (and also postloader.dol, obviusly)
* the folder usb://nands containing up to 16 uneek nand subfolders
* sd://apps/postLoader if you want run it from homebrew filter

How it works:
When wii boot, plneek is executed by priibooter. It create a list of available nands. Look at message that show the boot mode and press a key on wiimote o gc controller accordly.
If you are in "UNEEK mode" and a nand image is on the root of usb, uneek is started.
The nand can be switched both in real and emulated mode. In postLoader just select [home]->Options->Change UNEEK nand and choose your nand. The wii will reboot and nand changed

NAND tracking:
If you have a uneek nand on the root of usb, you should have also an empty folder under usb://nands. plneek will search an empty folder to store back current nand before copying new one. This is done automatically, but the first time you will try plneek maybe you forget it. So current nand will be backed up in "usb://nands/backup" folder

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR UNEEK NANDS
I've tested deeply the switching system. But, as I know myself, make a backup !
tongue.gif

waiting for feedbacks
wink.gif

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats on the newest build and the insane speed in which you develop your app
smile.gif

I've got a request. Could you make the wait time for USB initialization adjustable? I realize it's something miniscule and don't expect anything any time soon as you're in the midst of more important development. But I know you're always open to requests and suggestions, so I figured I'd throw mine out there.

Thanks again!

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guitarloser85 said:
I've got a request. Could you make the wait time for USB initialization adjustable? I realize it's something miniscule and don't expect anything any time soon as you're in the midst of more important development. But I know you're always open to requests and suggestions, so I figured I'd throw mine out there.

Yes I'll do it, to be honest it is already inside, but I've forgotten to make interface for it.
shy.gif

guitarloser85 said:
smile.gif

QUOTE(scooby74029 @ Sep 17 2011, 12:56 PM)
wow this rev sounds really awesome

nice work!!!!!!

ill post some results after some testing later today!!

thanks for this great app

Thank you guys !
wink.gif

This is plneek.dol 1.1. Just a little change on how is the selection between real wii and neek. No bugs fix (and no bugs found so far).

I've forgotten to mention that plneek is a console only app... if you confirm that is working well and as espected I will add splash and graphics.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stfour said:
guitarloser85 said:

Yes I'll do it, to be honest it is already inside, but I've forgotten to make interface for it.
shy.gif

guitarloser85 said:
smile.gif

QUOTE(scooby74029 @ Sep 17 2011, 12:56 PM)
wow this rev sounds really awesome

nice work!!!!!!

ill post some results after some testing later today!!

thanks for this great app

Thank you guys !
wink.gif

You my friend, ARE AWESOME!

This is plneek.dol 1.1. Just a little change on how is the selection between real wii and neek. No bugs fix (and no bugs found so far).

I've forgotten to mention that plneek is a console only app... if you confirm that is working well and as espected I will add splash and graphics.

You my friend, ARE AWESOME!
Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: