Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
DEFIANT said:
still will not load. same high pitched squeal. tried moving it out of my games sub-directory strait into apps, still no go.

Do you keep pacman roms in /pacman/roms or in /apps/pacman/roms ?
tried both , same results. hbc launches ok though. maybe i'll reformat and go from there.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader2 b25

CODE* Adopted app_booter r214 from wiiXplorer (thank's dimok). postLoader size reduced by about 100Kb
* Adjusted code (hb and triiforce interface) to be compatible with app_booter
* Corrected arguments passing... now if no args are found, arg struct will not be created. This solve problems related to dollz that was solved with a not-so-skilled trick in b20.
* Elf args should be supported (untested)
* hb without meta.xml now are named as folder name (before thay was shown as )
* Now classic controller can change page with +/- and shoulder buttons
* Corrected a bug on homebrew browser when hiding an application.
* update downloadable sources to b25

>

@defiant, let me know if this version works with pacman

@Troelzkii, maybe this version solve your dump. I found a bug, but I'm not sure it is related to your problem, because I was not able to reproduce it.

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
now I just get a black screen with a different pitched squeal. I no longer see the frozen arcade startup for pacman. weird. is there a way to get old versions to test? that way i can back track to last working version.

Troelzkii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stfour said:
postLoader2 b25

@Troelzkii, maybe this version solve your dump. I found a bug, but I'm not sure it is related to your problem, because I was not able to reproduce it.

Thanks stfour I will try it later today and let you know the result.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DEFIANT said:
now I just get a black screen with a different pitched squeal. I no longer see the frozen arcade startup for pacman. weird. is there a way to get old versions to test? that way i can back track to last working version.

ok, I will prepare it.

for me pacman freezes when I was keeping roms under app folder. Using root also b24 worked. When working with b25 it freeze with both folders until I changed how I use arguments. Hopes it isn't a casuality, as pacman doesn't use args (I've checked the code).

Troelzkii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Troelzkii said:
stfour said:
postLoader2 b25

Thanks stfour I will try it later today and let you know the result.

Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. I still get stack dump, however I did some more testing and found that my problem is only occuring when pressing "B" on som apps like homebrew channel installer, a cios installer app (cannot remember which). I will make a complete list of which apps I can press "B" on with out problems and which ones makes a stack dump.

Sorry for the misleading information in my first post. It seems like it was just a coincident that the three first apps I tried to hide worked and the rest didn't.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ stfour b25 is working fine with no countdown for my USB drive, thanks and keep up the great work, please if possible an auto update via USB?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Troelzkii said:
Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. I still get stack dump, however I did some more testing and found that my problem is only occuring when pressing "B" on som apps like homebrew channel installer, a cios installer app (cannot remember which). I will make a complete list of which apps I can press "B" on with out problems and which ones makes a stack dump.

Sorry for the misleading information in my first post. It seems like it was just a coincident that the three first apps I tried to hide worked and the rest didn't.

Can you paste the meta.xml of one of app that causes stack dump ?

If think that can be the only cause...

@bnm81002, I'm working on it... yes, it will update on usb, but only if it is in usb:/apps/ploader (and obviusly sd:/ and sd:/apps/ploader)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Found it...

postLoader2 b26

* Corrected stack dump when no meta.xml is found and (B) is pressed on app

>

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Troelzkii said:
Works with the new beta. Thanks again for your support. Postloader is a great app.

Thank you
wink.gif

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
About your themes, how do you turn off the slight transparency when channels are at rest? ie; no cursor is pointed at them. I think that's why they seem faded in a post I made previously.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DEFIANT, GartimusPrime, can you try this version ?

>

WiiSX should now work, I found the problem... may be can be the same for pacman (even if it works on my wii)...

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DEFIANT said:
Sorry, still no joy. Same noise, black screen.

Defian, can you try this version of pacman

>

I have added slow debug output so we can check where stop.

(anyway pacman support only /pacman/roms, not /app/pacman/roms even if stated in meta.xml)

Thank you for you testing.

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Confirm, I now have pacman working under b27t1. Seems I was missing a pacman.6e. I'm not sure why it was working under hbc but it was. So what version of postloader should we use? I'm going to try b26...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...