Homebrew postLoader4

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@drmarvin, no, I do not think that usb loading will be (directly) ever available... but anyway I have some other ideas that will help in this scenario....

Let's see in September (late...)

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. I have found that postloader2 doesn't solve everything, and I still need to use UNEEK to have some WiiWare/VC work, but with switch2uneek, it's really simple. postloader2 is certainly a better alternative to HBC with UNEEK, which is a boon.

All in all, thanks for all the hard work.

darkangel84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I like this app! Good job stfour!
wink.gif

I've also made a theme, here the link: postLoader2 Theme - Horizon

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm liking this app so far but I'm having issues getting it to work consistently. When I have it set to autoboot in uneek with priiloader, the app will fire right up the first time but it will never run again after a restart, just a black screen. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using a WD Elements 1TB if that helps. (wdbaau0010hbk-01).

Also, I hate to even ask this since I know there is already a ton of time and effort put into the app but I'm curious to know if it's possible to add the intro music for a vc/wiiware channel when it's highlighted? Kind of like when you click a channel in the system menu.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
game_rat said:
I'm liking this app so far but I'm having issues getting it to work consistently. When I have it set to autoboot in uneek with priiloader, the app will fire right up the first time but it will never run again after a restart, just a black screen. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using a WD Elements 1TB if that helps. (wdbaau0010hbk-01).

Under uneek/priiloader do you install neekbooter.dol or directly postloader.dol ?

QUOTE(game_rat @ Aug 2 2011, 06:10 PM) Also, I hate to even ask this since I know there is already a ton of time and effort put into the app but I'm curious to know if it's possible to add the intro music for a vc/wiiware channel when it's highlighted? Kind of like when you click a channel in the system menu.

Actually I have other priorities. But this is on the to do list...

darkangel84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
stfour said:
darkangel84 said:
I like this app! Good job stfour!
wink.gif

I've also made a theme, here the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tacda3dtbcxxcs2

Thank you... very nice theme... I will add to dist if you give me your permission...

Sure, no problem!
Can you add the ability to change theme from options?

QUOTE(zizer @ Aug 2 2011, 04:40 PM)
what about image?

This evening i'll add it.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
Under uneek/priiloader do you install neekbooter.dol or directly postloader.dol ?

I have neekbooter and postloader on the root of my SD and I have neekbooter configured to start in Priiloader.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stfour said:
postLoader2 b25

Code:
* Corrected arguments passing... now if no args are found, arg struct will not be created. This solve problems related to dollz that was solved with a not-so-skilled trick in b20.
Hey stfour, what have you changed now btw? I'm interested in the solution
rolleyes.gif

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FIX94 said:
stfour said:
postLoader2 b25

Code:
* Corrected arguments passing... now if no args are found, arg struct will not be created. This solve problems related to dollz that was solved with a not-so-skilled trick in b20.
Hey stfour, what have you changed now btw? I'm interested in the solution
rolleyes.gif

Have you implemented the new app_booter ?

Anyway, if in the header of the dol you find _arg (at offset 0x104), you must (should) create the arg struct with the ARGV_MAGIC. The first parameter is (should be) always the full path of the dol executed, with also filename. Follow the other parameters.

Otherwise simply do not add ARV_MAGIC to the struct.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
game_rat said:
stfour said:

I have neekbooter and postloader on the root of my SD and I have neekbooter configured to start in Priiloader.

For me works fine. I have no other report of this problem. It is not easy to help you....

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stfour said:
Have you implemented the new app_booter ?

Anyway, if in the header of the dol you find _arg (at offset 0x104), you must (should) create the arg struct with the ARGV_MAGIC. The first parameter is (should be) always the full path of the dol executed, with also filename. Follow the other parameters.

Yeah new app_booter is added. That's it? Wow, I'll take a look at it.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stfour said:

You should not be looking for _arg at "offset 0x104", you should be looking at the application's entrypoint+4.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tueidj said:
stfour said:

You should not be looking for _arg at "offset 0x104", you should be looking at the application's entrypoint+4.

Yes, but this should be implemented in the app_booter, after the dol is configured in memory... I don't want to touch it (basically because I do not want install devkitPPC R17
nyanya.gif
to rebuild it). Anyway make much more sense than before.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stfour said:
Yes, but this should be implemented in the app_booter, after the dol is configured in memory... I don't want to touch it (basically because I do not want install devkitPPC R17
nyanya.gif
to rebuild it). Anyway make much more sense than before.
Oh and this will remove all arguments currently btw, tested with latest postloader. Is there no possibilty to transfer at least the filepath?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FIX94 said:
Oh and this will remove all arguments currently btw, tested with latest postloader. Is there no possibilty to transfer at least the filepath?

I do not understand what you mean...

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all. I've been following this app since it's public inception, and I must say I love this freaking app. So much so in fact that it is the sole reason why I finally decided to register. I just wanted to say a massive thanks to Stfour and all the individuals who have supported and tested this wonderful piece of programming lol!

Just d/loaded build 28 and can't wait to try the improvements.
@GartimusPrime
GartimusPrime said:
I hope no one cares (especially stfour) but I made a pL2 logo for my personal use......if anyone is interested I can upload it......again I hope you don't mind stfour....
I would like to take a look see if you would upload please :-) oh and I like your themes man, hope you come w/some more. I'm also on board w/an FF7 theme or Evangelion which would be sick. Thanks,

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MassiveRican said:
Hello all. I've been following this app since it's public inception, and I must say I love this freaking app. So much so in fact that it is the sole reason why I finally decided to register. I just wanted to say a massive thanks to Stfour and all the individuals who have supported and tested this wonderful piece of programming lol!

Just d/loaded build 28 and can't wait to try the improvements.
@GartimusPrime
GartimusPrime said:
I hope no one cares (especially stfour) but I made a pL2 logo for my personal use......if anyone is interested I can upload it......again I hope you don't mind stfour....
I would like to take a look see if you would upload please :-) oh and I like your themes man, hope you come w/some more. I'm also on board w/an FF7 theme or Evangelion which would be sick. Thanks,
My postLoader2 icon

this is what I use for an icon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D