stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FIX94 said:
stfour said:
Sorry FIX... I've lost your post... it should be right !

I have to admit that I've tested again and sometimes seems not work... maybe need to invalidate memory before checking. I try. But I'm quite sure that the pattern is unique for dollz. I've tryed to compress different dol.

Worning: b19 has wrong internal build number but the packet is right.
No problem. It would be really amazing if you get it to work because nobody else was able (homebrew channel doesn't count btw
laugh.gif
)

Sometime I'm so stupid... this is the right code...

CODE
bool IsDollZ (u8 *buff)
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂint ret;
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂu8 dollz_stamp[] = {0x3C, 0x20, 0x81, 0x60, 0x7C, 0x78, 0xE2, 0xA6, 0x64, 0x63, 0xA0, 0x00};
ÂÂÂÂint dollz_offs = 0x100;

ÂÂÂÂret = memcmp (&buff[dollz_offs], dollz_stamp, sizeof(dollz_stamp));
ÂÂÂÂif (ret == 0) return true;
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂreturn false;
ÂÂÂÂ}

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
again and the last for this (italian) night

postLoader2 b20

* Corrected dollz code. A stupid error caused also args to no more passed to hb
* Corrected internal build number

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stfour said:
* Corrected dollz code. A stupid error caused also args to no more passed to hb
Everything works fine now, I'll add it tomorrow to my forwarder, it's late enough so night
smile.gif

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
Code:
postLoader2 b19

* U channels are now scanned

Try it and let me know... 10 minutes and I go to the bed
wink.gif
I know you are in bed but you are awesome!! it worked!!

much to my disapointment.....they show up but they don't work...they stackdump. they work from they wii menu but not postloader
frown.gif

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GartimusPrime said:
stfour said:
Code:
postLoader2 b19

* U channels are now scanned

Try it and let me know... 10 minutes and I go to the bed
wink.gif
I know you are in bed but you are awesome!! it worked!!

much to my disapointment.....they show up but they don't work...they stackdump. they work from they wii menu but not postloader
frown.gif
are the channels on real nand supposed to load with triiforce??

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all
stfour Great app and thank you for all of the work that you have put into this app.
Now the stupid question I got is the path for the themes is right now this:Themes must be copied to dev://ploader/theme.
Can this be changed to something like sd or usb ://ploader/themes ?
Thanks

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:

i need to try by myself. I need to understand how loadstructors channels works. Consider it not implemented ! I will check on monday.

@rem300wm

first time you run pl, it ask were create configuratios files. theme should be in that device...

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:

i need to try by myself. I need to understand how loadstructors channels works. Consider it not implemented ! I will check on monday.

@rem300wm

first time you run pl, it ask were create configuratios files. theme should be in that device...
don't know if this helps or not. But knowing that WiiFlow can read channels from real NAND, I was able to see them in WiiFlow and they worked as well....

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
don't know if this helps or not. But knowing that WiiFlow can read channels from real NAND, I was able to see them in WiiFlow and they worked as well....

When appear the stack dump ? Is postLoader in console mode or in gui ?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
thx for this, I find it very useful
smile.gif

edit: btw, why cant i see the covers on my channel menu? I updated the title cache and dl the covers via the option given in the menu?

any help?

EDT2: figured it out
smile.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stfour said:
Sometime I'm so stupid... this is the right code...

Code:
bool IsDollZ (u8 *buff)
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂint ret;
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂu8 dollz_stamp[] = {0x3C, 0x20, 0x81, 0x60, 0x7C, 0x78, 0xE2, 0xA6, 0x64, 0x63, 0xA0, 0x00};
ÂÂÂÂint dollz_offs = 0x100;

ÂÂÂÂret = memcmp (&buff[dollz_offs], dollz_stamp, sizeof(dollz_stamp));
ÂÂÂÂif (ret == 0) return true;
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂreturn false;
ÂÂÂÂ}

*sigh*
The proper fix for this is to only copy the new argv struct into the dol's memory if the "_arg" magic word is present there. The original appbooter code is backwards, it checks the "new" argv struct for the magic... which of course it always has, since it gets written there when the struct is initialized.
The other thing you should be doing is making sure the memory pointed to by the argv struct (malloc'd to hold the command line) is not anywhere inside the new dol, otherwise it's going to be overwritten when the new program's sections are loaded.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tueidj said:
The proper fix for this is to only copy the new argv struct into the dol's memory if the "_arg" magic word is present there. The original appbooter code is backwards, it checks the "new" argv struct for the magic... which of course it always has, since it gets written there when the struct is initialized.
The other thing you should be doing is making sure the memory pointed to by the argv struct (malloc'd to hold the command line) is not anywhere inside the new dol, otherwise it's going to be overwritten when the new program's sections are loaded.

Are you sure of that ? In the thread pointed by FIX94 someone said that the decompressor is not capable of handling argv as compiled with old rev of devkit that doesn't support this. I'm developing on the wii since two month, so assume that it is true.

Anyway in my mind can be true. As the decompressor only known where allocate the passed arg and should spawn arg to the embedded dol in the right memory area... and clearly it isn't capable.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I said, you should only copy the argv struct if the dol has "_arg" just inside the entry point.
Compressed dols don't have the "_arg" magic word, which is why you shouldn't copy the argv struct into them.

This doesn't apply only to .dol files either, .elf files can also handle arguments.

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:

I honestly have no idea what that means......

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GartimusPrime said:
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:

I honestly have no idea what that means......
how do you go into console mode?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nope, it's not stupid. I never heard of it myself either.

It sounds like a dol being compressed....but that's just my guess to bump this question a little.

I admit guilty.. I haven't googled for it yet..

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obcd said:
Nope, it's not stupid. I never heard of it myself either.

It sounds like a dol being compressed....but that's just my guess to bump this question a little.

I admit guilty.. I haven't googled for it yet..
I tried googling and all I got was something about Gamecube.....I think

cladian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I'm still working on my set up with postloader and sneek. The progress on this app is fun to follow. I am hoping that eventually I will be able to run postloader on my emulated nand and have it be able to launch homebrew off of the hdd but also be able to switch back to my real nand. I am also planning to have different themes for the different nands.

Has anyone been experimenting with anything similar?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have both my uneeked priiloader and system menu themed exactly so I could tell the difference between that and the real nand one.

Running homebrew on the emulated nand...thus far, most of them work fine. the only real disadvantage is that it cannot detect the hard drive (which is treated as the nand).

As for switching to real nand...I can't think of a one-click solution, but if you run wiixplorer under emu-nand, rename the bootmii folder and restart the wii, it'll boot in the real nand. The same process but in reverse (rename it back to bootmii, then restart) should get you back in the emu-nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo