Homebrew postLoader4

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, actually you can't. postLoader will read numbering starting from 000 (also you must use 3 digits) and stop at first not-found. If you wish I can add a item to the string to allow enable/disable, this is actually much easier to implement.

example:

# <unique_id>=<enabled?1:0>|<description>|<plugin_name.dol>|<rom_sourcefolder>|<ext1>,<ext2>,...,<extN>|<defaulticon.png>|<arguments>

enabled
000=1|SNESGX|snes9xgx.dol|/snes9xgx/roms|smc,fig,sfc,swc,zip,7z|snes.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}

disabled
000=0|SNESGX|snes9xgx.dol|/snes9xgx/roms|smc,fig,sfc,swc,zip,7z|snes.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
this is the limit I reach with Wiiflow, ofc it's much lower when using many covers especially HQ ones
I have twice as much and can test that limit with PL if you wish :)
U HAVE 32K+ ROMS!!! Holy mother of... U are a beast among collectors Abz. Btw really looking forward to to the PL4 Masterpiece once these final bugs get ironed out. Thanks for always doing what it is that u do ;)

Also I have a large collection of movie covers for PL4 (literally hundreds) that u can add to your masterpiece thanks to Drakorex or shortz1994 I believe. Probably Drakorex though. The link is here in this thread anyway but in case U don't feel like looking around I'll send u the link.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Covers should not affect numbers of roms. postLoader keep in memory only small icons covers (192 pixel on the longest side). Full res covers are loaded only when you click on an icon.

(do not forget to enable tex cache, if you have space on the device with /ploader folder)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
ah thanks for the tip! unfortunately the SD and HDD are almost full here ;)
as for covers I was talking about WF :)

@massiverican since stfour added custom dol path to plugins It will be very easy to make PL4 addon to the original WF masterpiece pack all we need is the plugins.conf and renaming the uneek nand to pln2o
I'll try to finish the plugins.conf when I have some free time to test
the only thing missing that I wish to have is to be able to launch wiiware via neek2o without using the neekbooter or the app file (i.e. the same way that WF uses) I guess WF just sends an argument for neek to autoboot a specific channel. and since this is already there PL can also use this method. Why not have the 2 options available for neek2o since one goes back to real nand while the second can exit to Pl4 in uneek mode :)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the only thing missing that I wish to have is to be able to launch wiiware via neek2o without using the neekbooter or the app file (i.e. the same way that WF uses) I guess WF just sends an argument for neek to autoboot a specific channel. and since this is already there PL can also use this method. Why not have the 2 options available for neek2o since one goes back to real nand while the second can exit to Pl4 in uneek mode :)

Yes, I've not forgot that... just postponed ;)

Anyway, here is postLoader 4.4.4

* added a flag in plugins.conf to enable/disable plugins. Check the file!
* added mutex for almost any file i/o. Seems that postLoader no more hang occasionally
* added "Return to real WII" in exit menu when working in neek2o
* the folder for covers can now be changed. Check "ploader/paths.conf.sample" and rename it to "paths.conf". Postloader uses sd:// and usb://, usb2://, usb3://, usb4:// for additional partitions)
* minor fixes

zfa, after few changes not directly related to the dsi in neek2o, it started to works without any issue for me. I have no glue on what is changed. If for you still crash, please give me a code dump screenshot. ;)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, just tried out the neek2obooter.app file and replaced my 4.1U SM.app (0000007b.app) renamed it to sysmenu.app and renamed neek2obooter.app to 0000007b.app. I believe I did it correctly but whenever I try to launch into the NAND with neek2o channel I get a broken "Your Wii's Memory is corrupted, check your wii manual" error, or something like that cuz literally the text is all garbled up. So a few questions:
  • Is this the normal behavior? I can still access the games and play them with WF. I'm going to try PL as well now.
  • My NAND is always in usb1://nands/flownand. Will this cause a problem with PL4 since I believe it's supposed to use pln2o for launching from real nand?
  • Is the nand path configurable? If not I guess renaming the flownand folder to pln2o and changing the path in wiiflow.ini should keep things compatible for both loaders right?

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I've not forgot that... just postponed ;)

Anyway, here is postLoader 4.4.4

* added a flag in plugins.conf to enable/disable plugins. Check the file!
* added mutex for almost any file i/o. Seems that postLoader no more hang occasionally
* added "Return to real WII" in exit menu when working in neek2o
* the folder for covers can now be changed. Check "ploader/paths.conf.sample" and rename it to "paths.conf". Postloader uses sd:// and usb://, usb2://, usb3://, usb4:// for additional partitions)
* minor fixes

zfa, after few changes not directly related to the dsi in neek2o, it started to works without any issue for me. I have no glue on what is changed. If for you still crash, please give me a code dump screenshot. ;)

Looks like whatever you fixed elsewhere has fixed this issue for me too. Thanks. :)

Reactions: stfour

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@stfour
can you please take a look at the number of plugins displayed upon pressing "2"
only 23 show here! no pages although I have twice as much in the conf file

I've attached 2 plugin conf files one that worked and only displayed 23 when pressing 2
the second one which is the one I'm working on for the masterpiece is codedumping on plugin mode select

here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3va61d1ecqxko7/ploader4.4.4-plugins.rar

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I will add a c
Hi guys, just tried out the neek2obooter.app file and replaced my 4.1U SM.app (0000007b.app) renamed it to sysmenu.app and renamed neek2obooter.app to 0000007b.app. I believe I did it correctly but whenever I try to launch into the NAND with neek2o channel I get a broken "Your Wii's Memory is corrupted, check your wii manual" error, or something like that cuz literally the text is all garbled up. So a few questions:
  • Is this the normal behavior? I can still access the games and play them with WF. I'm going to try PL as well now.
  • My NAND is always in usb1://nands/flownand. Will this cause a problem with PL4 since I believe it's supposed to use pln2o for launching from real nand?
  • Is the nand path configurable? If not I guess renaming the flownand folder to pln2o and changing the path in wiiflow.ini should keep things compatible for both loaders right?

It seems all ok, also becouse it seems that neek2obooter is starting system menu. But I've not tested a 4.1U nand.

Anyway I will start soon to implement neek2o method to run channels so this may became obsolete.

Reactions: MassiveRican

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@stfour
can you please take a look at the number of plugins displayed upon pressing "2"
only 23 show here! no pages although I have twice as much in the conf file

I've attached 2 plugin conf files one that worked and only displayed 23 when pressing 2
the second one which is the one I'm working on for the masterpiece is codedumping on plugin mode select

here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3va61d1ecqxko7/ploader4.4.4-plugins.rar

mmm... we have a limit of 32 plugins.... and a wrong check on that that can lead to a buffer overflow. I will correct it

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader 4.4.5 (only as update)

* emuBrowser: Fixed loading of AbdallahTerro plugins.conf
* emuBrowser: Plugins are searched only one time. Filters are now applyed instantly
* emuBrowser: up to 36 plugins can be displayed in filters (tested). Anyway note that no more than 32 different plugins can be used (this limit require some work to be bypassed, as filters are in a 32bit var)
* emuBrowser: added current selected plugin(s) and rom count information
* minor fixes

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
postLoader 4.4.5 (only as update)

* emuBrowser: Fixed loading of AbdallahTerro plugins.conf
* emuBrowser: Plugins are searched only one time. Filters are now applyed instantly
* emuBrowser: up to 36 plugins can be displayed in filters (tested). Anyway note that no more than 32 different plugins can be used (this limit require some work to be bypassed, as filters are in a 32bit var)
* emuBrowser: added current selected plugin(s) and rom count information
* minor fixes
Gr8 progress here thanks stfour
I managed to make a better more practical conf (where duplicate plugins i.e. same system are disabled) and also added sdl-mame:
#converted from WiiFlow
dolpath=usb://wiiflow/plugins|usb://wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii|sd://wiiflow/plugins|sd://wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii
000=1|MSX|bluemsx-wii.dol|/MSX/Games|zip|msx.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
001=1|DeSmuMe|desmume.dol|/ds/roms|nds|Nintendo_DS.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
002=1|DOSBox|dosbox.dol|//dosbox/games|BAT|dosbox.png|-c;{device}:/{path}/{name}
003=1|FBA CPS1|retroarch-wii/fba_cores_cps1.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/CPS1|zip|CPS1.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
004=1|FBA CPS2|retroarch-wii/fba_cores_cps2.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/CPS2|zip|CPS2.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
005=1|SDL MAME|mame-wii.dol|/mame/roms|zip|Mame.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
006=1|FBA Neo|retroarch-wii/fba_cores_neo.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/NEO|zip|Neo-geo.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
007=1|FBA PGM|retroarch-wii/fba_cores_pgm.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/pgm|zip|PGM.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
008=1|FBA Psikyo|retroarch-wii/fba_cores_psikyo.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/psikyo|zip|Psikyo.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
009=1|FCEUltraGX|fceugx-mod11.dol|/fceugx/roms|nes,fds,nsf,unf,nez,unif,zip,7z|NES.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
010=1|C64|frodo-mod.dol|/frodo/images/|d64,t64,prg,p00,sav,tap|commodore.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
011=1|Sega CD|genplusgx-mod7.dol|/genplus/roms/CD|bin,iso|Sega_CD.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
012=1|Game Gear|genplusgx-mod7.dol|/genplus/roms/GG|gg,zip|Game_Gear.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
013=1|Sega Genesis|genplusgx-mod7.dol|/genplus/roms/MD|gen,md,zip|Sega_Genesis.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
014=1|Sega MasterSystem|genplusgx-mod7.dol|/genplus/roms/MS|sms,zip|Sega_MasterSystem.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
015=1|SG 1000|genplusgx-mod7.dol|/genplus/roms/SG|sg,zip|Sega_SG-1000.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
016=1|Hatari|hatari.dol|/hatari/fd|zip|Atari_ST.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
017=1|JzintvWii|jzintvwii.dol|/JzintvWii/roms|int,bin|Intellivision.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
018=1|UAE Amiga|uae-mod.dol|/uae/floppies/|adf,dms,hdf,zip|Amiga.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
019=1|MPlayerCE|mplayerce-svn-r673.dol|/movies|avi,mp4,mkv|MPlayer2.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
020=1|WiiSX|wiisx-mod2.dol|/wiisx/isos|bin,img,iso,cdi|Playstation.png|{device}:/{path};{name}
021=1|Atari 7800|wii7800.dol|/wii7800/roms|a78|Atari_7800.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
022=1|Not64|not64-20121109.dol|/wii64/roms|n64,v64,z64,zip|not64.png|rompath =1| "{device}:/{path}/{name}"
023=1|Colecovision|wiicolem.dol|/wiicolem/roms|col|Colecovision.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
024=1|PrBoom|retroarch-wii/prboom.dol|/prboom/roms|wad|doom.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
025=1|ScummVM|scummvm-mod5.dol|scummvm.ini||ScummVM.png|{path}
026=1|Yabause|yabause.dol|/yabause/games|cue|Sega_Saturn.png|{device}:/{path};{name};{loader}
027=1|SNES9xGX|snes9xgx-mod11.dol|/snes9xgx/roms|smc,fig,sfc,swc,zip,7z|SNES.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
028=1|VbaGX|vbagx-mod12.dol|/vbagx/roms|agb,gba,bin,elf,mb,dmg,gb,gbc,cgb,sgb,zip,7z|vbagx.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
029=1|Vectrex|vecxwii.dol|/vec|vec|Vectrex.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
030=1|Wii2600|wii2600.dol|/wii2600/roms|a26,bin,rom,gz,zip|Atari_2600.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
031=1|WiiMednafen Lynx|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/Lynx|lnx,zip,7z|Lynx.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
032=1|WiiMednafen NGP|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/NGP|ngc,ngp,zip|Neo-Geo_Pocket.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
033=1|WiiMednafen PCE|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/PCE|pce,zip|Turbo_Grafx.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
034=1|WiiMednafen PCECD|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/TD|cue|Turbo_Duo.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
035=1|PCFX|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/PCFX|cue|PC-FX.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
036=1|WiiMednafen VB|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/VB|vb,zip|Virtual_Boy.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
037=1|WiiMednafen WS|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/WS|ws,wsc,zip|WonderSwan.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
038=1|FBZX|fbzx-wii.dol|/fbzx-wii/snapshots|z80,sna|Sinclair.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
039=0|FBZX|fbzx-wii.dol|/fbzx-wii/tapes|tap,tzx|Sinclair.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
040=0|Gambatte|retroarch-wii/gambatte.dol|/vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE|gb,gbc,dmg,zip|Gambatte.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
041=0|Gambatte GB|retroarch-wii/gambatte.dol|/vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GB|gb,dmg,zip|gambatte_gb_R.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
042=0|Gambatte GBC|retroarch-wii/gambatte.dol|/vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GBC|.gbc,dmg,zip|gambatte_gbc_R.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
043=0|GenPlusGX|genplusgx-mod7.dol|/genplus/roms|gen,md,smd,sms,gg,sg,zip,iso,bin|genplusgx.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
044=0|FB Alpha|retroarch-wii/fb_alpha.dol|/fba_alpha/roms|zip|fba.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
045=0|Devolution|Devolution.dol|/games|iso|Devolution.png|{device};{path}/{name}
046=0|Triforce Arcade|DMLBooter.dol|/WiiFlow/GC|GC|Triforce.png|{name}
047=0|GenPlusGX-Retro|retroarch-wii/genesis_plus_gx.dol|/genplus/roms|md,smd,bin,gen,zip,bin,sms,gg,sg,cue|genplusgx_R.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
048=0|Sega CD|retroarch-wii/genesis_plus_gx.dol|/genplus/roms/CD|bin,iso||{device}:/{path}/;{name}
049=0|Game Gear|retroarch-wii/genesis_plus_gx.dol|/genplus/roms/GG|zip,gg||{device}:/{path}/;{name}
050=0|Sega Genesis|retroarch-wii/genesis_plus_gx.dol|/genplus/roms/MD|md,smd,bin,gen,zip||{device}:/{path}/;{name}
051=0|Sega MasterSystem|retroarch-wii/genesis_plus_gx.dol|/genplus/roms/MS|zip,sms||{device}:/{path}/;{name}
052=0|SG 1000|retroarch-wii/genesis_plus_gx.dol|/genplus/roms/SG|zip,sg||{device}:/{path}/;{name}
053=0|Mednafen PCE|retroarch-wii/mednafen_pce_fast.dol|/wiimednafen/roms|pce,cue|PC_Engine_R.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
054=0|Mednafen VB|retroarch-wii/mednafen_vb.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/VB|vb,zip|Virtual_Boy_R.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
055=0|Mednafen Wonderswan|retroarch-wii/mednafen_wonderswan.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/WS|ws,wsc,zip|WonderSwan_R.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
056=0|Mednafen NGP|retroarch-wii/mednafen_neopop.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/NGP|ngc,ngp,zip|Neo-Geo_Pocket_R.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
057=0|Nestopia|retroarch-wii/nestopia.dol|/fceugx/roms|nes,fds,zip|Nestopia.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
058=0|Snes9X-Next|retroarch-wii/snes9x_next.dol|/snes9xgx/roms|smc,fig,sfc,gd3,gd7,dx2,bsx,swc,zip|snes_R.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
059=0|GB|vbagx-mod12.dol|/vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GB|bin,elf,mb,dmg,gb,zip,7z|Game_Boy.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
060=0|GBA|vbagx-mod12.dol|/vbagx/roms/GBA|agb,gba,bin,elf,mb,dmg,zip,7z|Game_Boy_Advance.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
061=0|GBC|vbagx-mod12.dol|/vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GBC|bin,elf,mb,dmg,gbc,cgb,sgb,zip,7z|Game_Boy_Color.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
062=0|VBA-Next|retroarch-wii/vba_next.dol|/vbagx/roms/GBA|gb,gbc,gba,zip|Game_Boy_Advance_R.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
063=0|Wii64|wii64-mod6.dol|/wii64/roms|n64,v64,z64,zip|Nintendo_64.png|{device}:/{path};{name};{loader}
064=0|WiiMednafen|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms|nes,fds,nsf,unf,nez,unif,gen,md,sms,smc,fig,sfc,swc,agb,gba,bin,elf,mb,dmg,gb,gbc,cgb,sgb,zip,vb,ws,wsc,cue|wiimednafen.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
065=0|WiiMednafen GB|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GB|gb,zip||{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
066=0|WiiMednafen GBA|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/vbagx/roms/GBA|agb,gba,bin,elf,mb,dmg,zip||{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
067=0|WiiMednafen GBC|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GBC|gbc,cgb,sgb,zip||{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
068=0|WiiMednafen GG|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/genplus/roms/GG|gg,zip||{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
069=0|WiiMednafen MD|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/genplus/roms/MD|gen,md,smc,bin,zip|Sega_Megadrive.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
070=0|WiiMednafen SMS|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/genplus/roms/MS|sms,zip||{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
071=0|WiiMednafen NES|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/fceugx/roms|nes,fds,nsf,unf,nez,unif,zip||{device}:/{path}/;{name};{loader}
072=0|FCEUMM|retroarch-wii/fceumm.dol|/fceugx/roms|smc,fig,sfc,gd3,gd7,dx2,bsx,swc,zip|nes_R.png|{device}:/{path}/;{name}
However I noticed that some plugins are missing such as MSX, CPS 1 and 2 although they are on the beginning of the file!
screenie:
QNrVW47.jpg

also 1 question: does PL4 look for roms in all devices and partitions (SD, USB FAT and NTFS)?
Once we get the conf setup right I just need to edit the icons and the pack can be ready to be released (maybe make a new theme too :)
because rom title cannot be read sometime:
WLSojVM.jpg

10x again :)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes postloader look roms on any device, or at least, should do it ;)

I've also notice that at least 1 plugin was not showing for me (MPlayerCE), but I feared that I was having nothing to do for today so I left the bug :P :lol:

6470 roms !!!! I've see that filters are active, do you have more ? Just a curiosity....

(please, make 16:9 screenshots :P)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
6470 roms !!!! I've see that filters are active, do you have more ? Just a curiosity....
Oh yea he's got more. If I understood him correctly he's got 2x as much as the limit so 32K+ ROMS!!! yes that's over thirty-two thousand, quite ridiculous :P although I'm prob just jealous lol. I have around 12K myself, but I've pretty much gotten just about everything I want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY