masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify:
My 2TB WD mybook is external powered
This only happens in some occasions.
1. After copying files over from my laptop without unplugging the HD power at all. (unplug USB from WII, plug into laptop, eject from laptop, plug back into wii)
2. After some types of abnormal shutdown. ( turn off while playing movie in wiimc, wii lock up requiring unplug, code dumps that don't auto reboot)

The method above works great for issue 1
Solves issue 2 also!

But, if for some reason the HD cycles and the light goes out. nothing will get it back on...
It still requires "power booting" HD (unplugging and plugging back in)

If you have a work around in the works let me know and i would be happy to test!

Thanks for all your supreme work!

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can you try if this

http://code.google.com/p/postloader/downloads/detail?name=priibooter.2.4-25.zip&can=2&q=

works right for you ? It is a priibootergui with 25 second of timeout.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
RE priibootergui - would it not make sense just to put the dol in the /apps/postloader folder rather than have it as an app/folder in it's own right? Or alternatively go back to as the distribution used to be where both priibooter and neekbooter were stored in the root of the SD card, ready to be installed easily into priiloader (in this location is more obvious that they're not really standalone apps).

Useful as priibootergui is, it's never really used as an app in it's own right (correct me if I'm wrong) and I don't really see why you'd want it launchable from HBC/PL/anything else. Either putting the priiloader installable dols in the postloader folder or on the SD root would make more sense to me.

Obviously just my opinion.

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you try if this

http://code.google.c...25.zip&can=2&q=

works right for you ? It is a priibootergui with 25 second of timeout.
Tried that and it doesn't appear to help any.
USB HD light stays on . but is never found by priibooter_gui.
Also, Loading priloader and waiting as i did before doesn't work...
I'm thinking this is an issue with the HD...
Maybe we can try making one with the wait shorter?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
RE priibootergui - would it not make sense just to put the dol in the /apps/postloader folder rather than have it as an app/folder in it's own right? Or alternatively go back to as the distribution used to be where both priibooter and neekbooter were stored in the root of the SD card, ready to be installed easily into priiloader (in this location is more obvious that they're not really standalone apps).

Useful as priibootergui is, it's never really used as an app in it's own right (correct me if I'm wrong) and I don't really see why you'd want it launchable from HBC/PL/anything else. Either putting the priiloader installable dols in the postloader folder or on the SD root would make more sense to me.

Obviously just my opinion.

The big problem is that newer version of priiloader (actually in beta) doesn't enable the ahbprot flag if it not specified in xml. And the only way is this..

@masterjakeway: make it shorter will not help. Maybe reloading ios58 before init usb can help... let me check.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
masterjakeway, please give a try to priibooter gui 2.5

http://code.google.com/p/postloader/downloads/detail?name=priibooter.2.5.zip&can=2&q=

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour, thought you might like to know that my 3tb hdd hasn't been picked up by postloader, I have actually had to go into usbloader gx for it to recognize the hdd then exit back to postloader. After exiting back to postloader it then would see my hdd. With this new test priibooter however it picks up my hdd great!

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
masterjakeway, please give a try to priibooter gui 2.5

http://code.google.c....5.zip&can=2&q=
With this 2.5 it goes straight to "warning postloader.dol not found on sd/usb". Without even counting down while looking for the HD. then when the system menu loads, I can load postloader fine through HBC or the forwarder channel?
But, it does seem to be on the right track as i haven't had to power boot the HD. to get it to start back up as i was having to before.

Thought that I would add:

I can do this, which i think may tell you something?

Turn Wii on
Get message about no postloader.dol as above
choose system menu
load postloader through forwarder channel
Reboot system through postloader advanced options
postloader loads fine

once i load postloader through the forwarder channel, It will load like it should. Load homebrew, exit, returns to postloader. load wii game, exit, returns to postloader. etc
Until I have an abnormal system shutdown, then I have to load through the forwarder channel one time again.
But, the good news is I am not having to power cycle the USB drive anymore!

Great work!

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
masterjackeway, last try...

http://code.google.com/p/postloader/downloads/detail?name=priibooter.2.5b.zip&can=2&q=

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that seems to behave exactly the same as 2.5...
On initial boot it can't find postloader.dol.
As long as I don't power down, it will work fine after that.
until the wii is powered down again.
Thank you for your effort. I will use it as is!

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and the hdd blink ?

This is odd. If I disconnect my hdd(s) from the wii, to count down works for v 2.5. So it seems that the device is initialized, but maybe no partition can be found. This is just a speculation.

I need to finish some thing then I will add debug output to priibooter (that is already available, but just through gecko), so if you will test it ;)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mj, your 2TB WD mybook is usb2 or usb3 ? I think that a friend of mine has one of it (If I remember fine usb2). Maybe he can give it to me for testing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo