Hacking Post your WiiU cheat codes here!

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Are you also going to consider to add a button activator? It would be great if the cheat codes would activate when I press A, even if I were to press X or Y at the same time.
Yes, I will add logical AND to the conditional codes. So you could enable a cheat by pressing more than the required button. If you want to press X you could also press X and Y or A + X + Y.

Would you be willing to post a link to there, or is it private?
It's not my chat. maybe ask @MasterF0x since he's the admin

Also sorry @CosmoCortney, just one more question! Earlier I posted a question about having trouble making a moonjump code with pointers. I was, however, aable to do it without a pointer. If you have time, would you be able to tell me what I am doing wrong? Here is a quote to my previous
You'd also need to reinitialize the pointer for the writing function. But this won't be a problem with the next release :)
I have finished the load pointer and add offset to pointer code types and update the 00 and 01 code types to work with he new pointer system.
It will take some time to finish especially due all the testings + life is going on :/

Last edited by CosmoCortney,
Reactions: CuriousTommy

wj44

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@wj44 hello, may I ask what's different about TCPGecko.elf and the .mp4/.html version? I'm just wondering what causes the .elf one to freeze or disconnect with some games..
It doesn't have the socket_lib_finish patch implemented and the socket code is different(This causes problems in Wind Waker). If you want you can try this improved Version.

Reactions: CosmoCortney

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you also going to consider to add a button activator? It would be great if the cheat codes would activate when I press A, even if I were to press X or Y at the same time.
You should be able to do that right now. Every game have at least one location where button presses get registered. You just need to search for it. That is how I did it for MK8, and how I was able to change items using a pro controller, without going to my computer. It should be within 0x10000000 - 0x20000000.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to do that right now. Every game have at least one location where button presses get registered. You just need to search for it. That is how I did it for MK8, and how I was able to change items using a pro controller, without going to my computer. It should be within 0x10000000 - 0x20000000.

Well yes, I know it is possible to make a button activator. I even found the button activator address for Super Mario 3D World. My concern is how the current way of making button activators are. Even if I were, for example, to use a 2-bit if equal condition, it would still cause problems for certain cheat codes like moon jump where I would like to be able to run and moonjump. I want the moonjump to be assigned to the A button, but I need to also press the X button to sprint/run. I still want the moon jump effect to happen regardless of what addition button I press (or don't press).

PixelPerfectPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well yes, I know it is possible to make a button activator. I even found the button activator address for Super Mario 3D World. My concern is how the current way of making button activators are. Even if I were, for example, to use a 2-bit if equal condition, it would still cause problems for certain cheat codes like moon jump where I would like to be able to run and moonjump. I want the moonjump to be assigned to the A button, but I need to also press the X button to sprint/run. I still want the moon jump effect to happen regardless of what addition button I press (or don't press).

For now, since CosmoCortney hasn't programmed in AND and OR, you can just match for 00000020 (L button) and then have a separate section of the code that matches for 00008020 (L and A buttons). That's an example but it's something you can do for now. Maybe a greater than and less than for the value with the Control Sticks?

Anoymous_001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YES!!!! I JUST MADE MY 3RD CHEAT CODE!!!!!!
I AM THE LUCKIEST HACKER IN THE WORLD!!!!! :) :P :D

Item Hack Offline (Anoymous_001)
The code is private due to @CuriousTommy's request.

There are some issues though :(

1.It only works on single items.
2.If I try to change single shell into the item I want, it works once but after that, I can't use any more items. Hopefully, it's not permanent and lasts only during that race.
3.If I try to change single banana into the item I want, sometimes the Wii U freezes. Hopefully, the other times, I can successfully hack it.

Note -
Considering issues 2 and 3, I only use it on single coin only, because there are no issues with it.

CosmoCortney

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn't have the socket_lib_finish patch implemented and the socket code is different(This causes problems in Wind Waker). If you want you can try this improved Version.
Works fine, thank you :)
Do you know what still causes StarFox Zero to crash?

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, at long last in New Super Mario Bros. U [ARPE01] and with much patience, I have at long last found where the timer ticks, and the score modifier in front of it. The only problem? I can't get it to change no matter what value I input. These are offsets 3EE1B670 (Score) and 3EE1B674 (Timer)... so, if I can't change these values at all... what do I do now?

I can only change the Timer value at the World Map, but not in-level. Any ideas?

Last edited by TheWord21,

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the Extra Lives offset, too (3EE1B234) But again, I can only change it at the World Map, not in-level... Again, this is for NSMB U (NTSC-U).

But, here's the kicker: it doesn't work if I do that.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see why you made such request now. I think I had a brain fart there :blush:. Yeah there was a way to do it for the wii, and it uses the games inbuilt in activator. I think it was something like FFF70008 and that allowed you to activate code by pressing X and still be able to use other buttons as well. Not so for the Wii U.

Also for some reason I cannot use the "Universal-Pointer-Searcher" as the "OK" button is disabled. I have been using the older version of the pointer searcher named "WiiUPointerSearch" Is there any reason for the "OK" button to be disabled?
qnn1n9.jpg

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the offset for the Timer in Super Mario Maker, and just like in NSMB U, I can't alter the timer value during gameplay; only when it's paused. Even then, it just goes back to the value it had originally even if I try to pause the game and write it, e.g. If I write 00A, then the Timer, if it's at 32, will only continue from 49 seconds. This is for Super Mario Maker [AMAE01]. Any ideas would surely be appreciated.

Offset: 27D7E8C8

CosmoCortney

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
I found the offset for the Timer in Super Mario Maker, and just like in NSMB U, I can't alter the timer value during gameplay; only when it's paused. Even then, it just goes back to the value it had originally even if I try to pause the game and write it, e.g. If I write 00A, then the Timer, if it's at 32, will only continue from 49 seconds. This is for Super Mario Maker [AMAE01]. Any ideas would surely be appreciated.

Offset: 27D7E8C8
You have probably found something I call a pseudo cheat. It only modifies the string, not the actual number. There should be another address. When it comes to timers I recommend doing a 16bit search

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have probably found something I call a pseudo cheat. It only modifies the string, not the actual number. There should be another address. When it comes to timers I recommend doing a 16bit search

Funnily, that's what I did do; a 16-bit search... and that's how I came to that offset. I let a 300 (012C) timer tick down to 270 (010E), did a less than search, and got that. Where is the actual number located?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: