Hacking Post your usrcheat.dat files here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, even Japanese text is pretty useless to anyone who doesn't speak or read Japanese just as much as question marks are.

Even if I installed the Japanese language pack, I'm not going to bother to attempt to translate all that Japanese "TV Antenna" text to readable English just for a bunch of games I'll never play. Like dbgtdob said, it's WAY too much work to be worth the effort, especially for a person who doesn't know Japanese in the first place. In my opinion, life's too short to muddle through a bunch of Japanese text-laden games when I can't understand the language. I'll either wait for the English version, the Euro version which will usually have English selectable or not bother to play them at all.

If someone wants to translate the Japanese codes to readable English, I'll add them, but my next usrcheat.dat upload will have the "screwed up" question marked Japanese codes removed until that time. The translation should be done preferably by someone who understands Japanese AND English to make it less of a chore. The original usrcheat containing those codes that likely aren't "screwed up" due to a lack of a Japanese language pack being installed is posted a few pages back by someone other than me.

If anyone has a problem with my decision to remove the question mark codes, I can always just update my dat file for myself and stop bothering to make it available for anyone else. I admit, removing the Japanese codes will kind of be contradictory to my goal of the ultimate usrcheat.dat, but since they are useless as they are anyway, I don't see any other choice but to just delete them.

I'll also admit that it was probably me who screwed up the Japanese codes when I added them to my dat since I obviously don't have a Japanese language pack installed. But let me remind you of the first line in this reply.

I generally don't use cheats, but I was trying to be useful to the community. I spent a lot of time adding all those codes and removing duplicates. It made me feel good to give something back to the community. I had many reservations when I saw all those question marks myself, but if my efforts are not appreciated and I'm just going to be flamed or belittled about any mistakes I made, I can just forget about continuing my usrcheat.dat project just as easily as I took it up.

I can take retman's attitude about it and say screw everyone else and just update the dat for myself, if that's what you guys would prefer. I'd rather not be like that though.

When Im Gone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't stop your project just because of some Japanese codes. Its not your fault if you don't understand the language, don't get so worked up. I understand how hard it would be to translate them and I never asked you to do it. I thought maybe it was a mistake. I appreciate everyone who has contributed usercheat.dat files. I would keep them then people could translate or edit the codes themselves. Thanks for all the work you put into the cheat files.

Gizmo1k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the Japanese language on my XP and still get all question marks on the Action Replay software for Japanese text. Any Ideas?

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
So... the newest Ultimate with ALL CODES?? :S

RIGHT HERE!

Added thomasroberts6's Pokemon Diamond codes to my mega-usrcheat.dat!

It is complete as far as I know.

I have now also included a blank CHEAT.DAT to make it easier for the less PC-literate.

USRCHEAT.rar (including blank CHEAT.DAT)

Cheers!
grog.gif
WOW THANKS SO MUCH!! YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!!
yaynds.gif
(The previous link for the complete USRCHEAT.DAT was/is broken...
frown.gif
)

philco1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder ... I have updated your usrcheat file to include MORE Hoshigami Remix codes which I posted up at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=57495

No one wanted to add them so since I had time today I added them =D

Here is the DDL
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WM3BIU10

-- When I tried to rar and then send it ... megaup was bs'ing me so I uploaded the raw file.

PLEASE include these codes in your next build
wink.gif

philco1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And of course today while I look at the code junkies site ... MORE hoshigami Remix codes are posted as well as a lot of other games. Finally code junkies stopped being lazy and posted up some new cheats
biggrin.gif
. Best of luck to your next build
biggrin.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the dat to include the extra Hoshigami codes and the Madden 08 codes. Also added the backlight codes to Madden 08 and corrected the name for Hoshigami from just "hoshigami" to "Hoshigami Remix"

For now, I have left the screwed up question mark Japanese codes simply because the actual codes are good, it's just the labeling of those codes that are messed up. I did this so if anyone wants to take it upon themselves to rename the codes correctly, they may do so. Just upload the corrected list so I can host it if anyone does fix them.

USRCHEAT.rar (including a blank CHEAT.DAT)

As for the MarioKart codes....I'd need the codes and ROM ID for the codes and then I could add them. I saw at least 2 MarioKart listings with different ROM ID's already in the list, but I don't know if they have any online cheats in them. So, if such codes exist and they're not in the list, post them and I will add them.

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
I can give you the orrect ID but i need to know what region it is you want.

Ill give you both, Actually.

EU ID:AMCP e45a2937
US ID:AMCE 59604513
Hope i helped!

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks Thomas! im in the US
biggrin.gif
Now back to the main topic. Rayder can you take that ID number and implement with the AR codes and "add" the codes on to your most recent usrcheat.dat compilation? thanks so much! refer to the site i preciously posted for the codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Yes.