Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CptPeanuts said:
Use? Playing DS ROMS
Price range? Not really too worried about price to be honest
Slot 1/2? This is actually my first DS, so from what I understand, I'd like a Slot-1
Built in/expandable memory Prefer something with MicroSDHC as I have about 60GB of cards laying around
GBA compat It would be nice. Never know when you'd like to revist some older stuff
Special features Would like some good support. I really hate having something go wrong and waiting 6 weeks for a response back.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Just bounced back and forth between Acekard 21 and CycloDS as I'm not too familiar with all the selections available

This will be for my sons b-day coming up next weekend, so I'm going to be looking for a reputable store to buy from.

Probably the Acekard2i With AKAIO would be best. Make sure to download latest loaders here.

BuyingAName

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? Mainly Roms, but maybe some Homebrew for DS Lite
Price Range? Doesn't really matter
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
GBA compatibility? Dont need it
Special features? MUST have RTS, a fast menu
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: cycloDs and Acekard RPG
Also, what website ships fastest to Toronto?

badchilli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odyssy said:
Use? DS games
Price range? Not my most important criteria. As inexpensive as possible, matching all other criteria.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 (do they even make slot 2 devices anymore? Why would anyone want one?)
Built in/expandable memory Doesn't matter. But if built-in, need 512MB or more.
GBA compat Not necessary, but it can't hurt..
Special features MOST IMPORTANT: Trouble free, 100% compatibility with all current US NDS roms with latest firmware, frequent and timely updates to firmware for newly released games.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: CycloDS and Acekard 2i seem to be popular options. I will consider anything NOT made by the people who made the g6 lite.

I currently have a G6 lite. I'm extremely disappointed that it is incompatible with many recent games that I want to play, and has not been updated in more than a year. I paid a lot of money for this device ($100+), and I now very much regret buying it. It has not met my expectations by any means, and I will not by anything from the company that made it ever again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..
Yeah I had a G6 lite. I mainly used it for GBA games though. I used my R4 for NDS games. Anyway, I recommend an Acekard2i. I was in the same boat as you and wanted a newer card after 3 years. I did some research and like you said, CycloDS, Acekard2i (and M3iZero) seem to be the most popular. The Edge was the real popular after the R4, but they don't sell that anymore, and support died (although the Edgei was just announced).

The nice thing with the Acekard2i, is the support. The AKAIO team releases updates very frequently. I got my card in early Oct, and I've already updated my card 3 or 4 times already with new loaders. Now that's good support.

Oh yeah, the GUI is probably something that isn't important normally, but I found with 8 gig microsdhc card, the fast scrolling on the Acekard2i with AKAIO, is a really nice, as you'll have a ton of games to scroll through.

I'd say get the acekard2i first, if you really need RTG, or RTC then look at the other cards. I also got a Ezflash Vi (under-rated and nice card) which has RTG and RTC, but I find I use my Acekard2i more for general use, mainly I like the interface (AKAIO gui) and it has a touch more compatibility with games.

badchilli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BuyingAName said:
Use? Mainly Roms, but maybe some Homebrew for DS Lite
Price Range? Doesn't really matter
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
GBA compatibility? Dont need it
Special features? MUST have RTS, a fast menu
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: cycloDs and Acekard RPG
Also, what website ships fastest to Toronto?
M3iZero, EzFlash Vi and Supercard DS One have RTS and (RTG) too. Not sure how easy it is to find the Acekard RPG, so CycloDS might be easier to buy. M3iZero is a popular card here, so you may want to take a look at that card as well. It's RTS support seems pretty decent. Should be comparable to the CycloDS in that department. If price isn't an issue (and DSi support not an issue), CycloDS seems the best. It's still a popular card and going strong (there are rumors of a new DSi version but who knows if thats true or if it's coming out). If you want something cheaper and more future-proof (DSi firmware update hacks), M3iZero would be the one to look at.

As for a fast shipping site, might want to take a look at gamebygame.com. I just ordered some stuff from there and it came quickly.

BaggerS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use? Use for NDS roms with a NDS lite(red)
Price Range? N/a
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable MicroSDHC
GBA compatibility? not needed
Special features? Menu, excellent compatability with the latest games, plus good/speedy updates for increased compatability with the latest games if theres an issue
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: N/A but from what ive read a acekard 2 would be suitable, Cheers

badchilli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BaggerS said:
Use? Use for NDS roms with a NDS lite(red)
Price Range? N/a
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable MicroSDHC
GBA compatibility? not needed
Special features? Menu, excellent compatability with the latest games, plus good/speedy updates for increased compatability with the latest games if theres an issue
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: N/A but from what ive read a acekard 2 would be suitable, Cheers
This is an easy one. Since you mentioned good menu and speedy updates, then it's the Acekard2i, as long as you download and put AKAIO on it. AKAIO menu is very fast, nice looking and for frequent updates for games, AKAIO is one of the fastest. I got my card in October and already there have been 3 updates for it. After installing AKAIO, make sure to bookmark and regularly check the new loaders page. so you'll have the latest loaders for latest game support and fixes.

One of the few cards that you can submit bug reports too and the makers of AKAIO will respond as they write and read english, so you can get specific game fixes, if they overlooked something. AKAIO was developed by a third party.

BaggerS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Badchilli thank you for the detailed response
smile.gif
!

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
timbigboss said:
All cards here~:
yaynds.gif

R4i SDHC RTS

221-550-home.jpg

R4i-SDHC Upgrade

76-499-home.jpg

R4i Gold

77-500-home.jpg

R4i SDHC

219-547-home.jpg

R4i Pro

189-503-home.jpg

DSTTi Upgrade

188-496-home.jpg

Super R4i

70-501-home.jpg

R4i

68-193-home.jpg

DSTTi

69-176-home.jpg

ACEKARD 2i

45-122-home.jpg

DSTTi is enough and works perfect I think..
yaynds.gif

Those are not all the carts. Those are pretty much all dead cards or clones, Anyways he WAS trying to advertise about that shop, i'll look into this issue for my
thread.

Timbigboss, on Oct 28, 2009 2:31:28 am GMT

Good choice

i find more good stuffs

http://www.videogameadvance.com/69-dstti.html

http://www.videogameadvance.com/68-r4i.html

http://www.videogameadvance.com/accessorie...2-iplayer.html­

all new and good price!~

Timbigboss, on Aug 16, 2009 2:39:04 am BST

Wow the site is so colorful~ while i know this dstt, this price is normal, with free shipping is a bit good. if it's true, worth try

Hmmm..... anyone tried this site before? Looks like he has been signing up on question places to advertise and post to get people to buy, looks fishy.

wildfire95

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use? Games for NDS and GBA, Also homebrew for NES, GB and GBC games.
Price Range? Doesnt matter.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 or both for GBA support as well.
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSDHC
GBA compatibility? YES YES YES
Special features? SDHC, and compatibility with GBA expansion pack
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Had a M3Real a while ago, loved it. Bit out of the loop since then though.

klideklown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? NDS Backups
Price Range? Cheap
Slot 1/2? Don't know the difference
Built in or expandable memory?
GBA compatibility? Yeah
Special features? Woks Correctly.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Ignorant, so no

I've been with this DS-X for quite some time, just looking for something that needs a little less attention in order to get things to work. Looking for something User Friendly.. Easy enough so an idiot(me) can use it
biggrin.gif

Dissection

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Use? Playing NDS ROMs on DSi Firmware 1.4 (came out of the box)
Price Range? Irrelevant
Special features? Just work with 1.4! Ability to firmware upgrade through the PC.

Additional notes: I'd also love to have a recommendation for a store that sells those, and does worldwide shipping (preferably in Europe because the shipping would cost less).

Thanks!

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dissection said:
Price Range? Irrelevant
Special features? Just work with 1.4! Ability to firmware upgrade through the PC.

Additional notes: I'd also love to have a recommendation for a store that sells those, and does worldwide shipping (preferably in Europe because the shipping would cost less).

Thanks!

M3i Zero!
It has everything you want and more!
Dealextrme $21

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dissection said:
Price Range? Irrelevant

Thanks!
M3i Zero or a Supercard DS One i (which I pretty much will tell you go for the m3 anyways but I might as throw out the supercard as a suggestion) They both have the ability of using the usb port to power it to flash itself. You could try dealextreme, (extremely slow to me
tongue.gif
3 weeks Hawaii I dunno bout you guys in Europe though) 4coolday, and 0shippingzone. All in China or was it Hong Kong with free worldwide shipping.

Oh you have to flash both of these first with the update but that is easy since you don't need another ds. M3 takes like 30 seconds and .... the supercard takes like 8 minutes.

Chaos_Tsukasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use?: Almost exclusively DS games.
Price Range?: I'd like to keep the cost down, but don't mind paying for quality
Slot 1/2?: Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory?: Micro SDHC
GBA compatibility?: Unnecessary, but it'd be nifty.
Special features?: I just want a cart that updates frequently enough. I currently have an R4 SDHC, and I can't get any of the newer games to run on it. Just looking for a cart that stays up to date with the latest games. I'm using a DSLite and don't plan on buying a DSi.

klideklown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
@klideklown - Probably AceKard 2 and EZ Flash Expansion Pack. Note the EZ Flash Expansion Pack is only needed for GBA compatibility, if you ditch that, you save yourself $20 or so.

Also forgot to mention that Im looking for a reliable place to purchase these items. Been looking around and some places seem rather sketchty...
Needs to ship to USA

klideklown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another stupid question.. I see all this stuff for DSI And DS Liite. Does it effect me at all because I just have the old clunky DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo