Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use: I'd like a well rounded card.
Price Range?: Reasonable.
Slot 1/2: Both.
Built in or expandable memory?: Expandable.
GBA compatibility?: Yes
Special features: I want a slot-1 and slot-2 cart. I'm just getting a new card because the R4 is becoming difficult to use.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jabodie said:
Use: I'd like a well rounded card.
Price Range?: Reasonable.
Slot 1/2: Both.
Built in or expandable memory?: Expandable.
GBA compatibility?: Yes
Special features: I want a slot-1 and slot-2 cart. I'm just getting a new card because the R4 is becoming difficult to use.
Try the M3 Real Perfect bundle, its only $34 from DX.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14165

Kaelitz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? - Both commercial games and Homebrew
Price Range? Less is better, but this isn't a very important factor
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD/SDHC
GBA compatibility? Again, a plus, but not required.
Special features? Compatibility with the DSi both now and for the forseeable future.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: M3 Zero and the Acekard2i.

Looking to replace my old R4, since YSMenu only added more time to a card already on life support. Currently I'm using a DS Lite, but buying a DSi is not out of the question in the future -- ergo, I'd like one card that's compatible with both the DSi and DS Lite. As well, making sure the card still works even after firmware renditions on the DSi is a must; I don't want to buy a card just to have its usefulness patched out. In that regard, I was looking at the M3 Zero because it apparently can be upgraded not only for its firmware but also its kernel (or so I read on these forums). The Acekard2i on the other hand seems to be more prevalent among DSL/DSi users, but I'm unsure whether or not it can be upgraded as thoroughly as the M3 Zero (as in, its firmware can be upgraded, but can its kernel?).
I'm open to other possibilities as well, but these were the two that jumped out at me the most.

GBA support would be ideal but it's not a dealbreaker in and of itself. While I'd be replacing my R4, that doesn't mean I'll throw it out. I've still got my old EZFlash 3-in-1 that works with the R4 that I can keep.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Use?Games only.
Price Range?Lower the better, but not at the sacrifice of compatibility with ROMs and NO FAKE/CLONE!~
Slot 1/2?1
Built in or expandable memory?Expandable preferred but not essential - Microsd
GBA compatibility?Nope.
Special features?As normal:Multiplayer etc
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular:DSTT,Edge,R4...

I own a clone R4...So I am quite scare to R4now...
I am looking for a flash cart that dun have much technical problem, example: cannot read microsd,ds cant detect the flashcard etc....
R4 got lot of these problem....

btfanusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use: DS games only

Choices: M3 or Acekard?

Comment: I have an R4 right now and Mario & Luigi 3 doesn't work on it. I just want a new flashcard that is still being supported with firmware updates. Thanks for any advice.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
btfanusa said:

Comment: I have an R4 right now and Mario & Luigi 3 doesn't work on it. I just want a new flashcard that is still being supported with firmware updates. Thanks for any advice.

I'd say M3 because they were some of the first people to release an official fix.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
btfanusa said:

I'd say M3 because they were some of the first people to release an official fix.
I would say Acekard because they released the 1.4 fix before M3.
blink.gif

I like the Acekard because of a huge community support. I like the M3 because you do not need to keep or get access to a ds lite if you mistakenly upgraded your DSi before upgrading your card. Both of the menu systems are fantastic.

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Use: DS games.
Price Range? : Doesn't matter.
Slot 1/2: Slot 1.
Built in or expandable memory?: Doesn't matter ( i prefer expandable, though)
GBA compatibility? No.
Special features: I'm just looking for a good Flashcart for my DSi. I already own a R4i NEO, but i didn't know it was a clone. I want to play the new games like Mario and Luigi , Bowser's inside history. I don't know very much about Firmware's , updates and that stuff ( i can learn, though). I just want to play almost every game without issues, or speed problems. ( If it has savestates, it'll be great ^^).

I'd recommend the M3i Zero (with Save States) or EZ Flash Vi (which also has save states).

Can those be updated so they can run the newest games? Can those run the new mario RPG? Are they compatible with the Dsi 1.4 actualization?

If someone can answer, i'll be very grateful. ^^

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use: DS games.
Price Range? : No limit
Special features: Looking for a good DSI flashcart with real time save that's updated when needed within a reasonable time(for firmware and new games).

The only two cards I could find that meet what I'm looking for is the EZFlash Vi and the M3i Zero the price difference isn't a problem I've read there seems to be more problems with the M3 hardware but at the same time the M3 seems to have the more stable firmware but EZFlash seems to be updated regularly so I'm not worried about it catching up or at least being at par.

So my two main questions are after the initial F_CORE update for the M3 do you always need that that usb thing to update it even if you have another DS to run it if you updated your DSI to an unsupported firmware? I'm not a fan of the way they decided to implement the updating with that little plug, and my second question is do they both support saves from a CycloDS(in my DSL) and an R4(in my DS phat) without conversion? Also I have no interest for sakura if I do get the M3 I would just use the touchpod ui. Anyways any suggestions pointing me in the right way from someone who has used both or used another card that my be better would be appreciated :).

Gagigagu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? - Games, Homebrew, Music, almost everything. Must not be dead (Already have a TTDS, and the updating team is dead)
Price Range? Preferably cheap, but less than $20
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD/SDHC
GBA compatibility? A plus, but not required.
Special features? I kind of want to have special features like Real time save, and slow-motion. Real time save is a must, slow-motion isn't necessary, but is nice
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Acekard 2.1 (Doesn't have real time save, does it?), M3 Real (Does Sakura have Real time save)?
I already ordered a Acekard 2.1 from a site for $9.80, but I can get a refund if a M3 Real is better. Should I buy a M3 real or stick with the Acekard?
Also, forgot to mention it should be able to play all games, like M&L: BIS and the Star Wars game
Thanks
biggrin.gif

If anyone can help, please post the link to real cards (I know DealExtreme has a fake M3 lurking around)

Tsukigato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games
Price Range? While a consideration, I don't mind shelling out more if the cart requires.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD is preferred but whichever is best, really
GBA compatibility? Yes
Special features? GBA expansion pack is a must, Real-time saving is nice. Prefer a cart that is still maintained and updated (as I'm coming from an R4), auto-patch for the DLDI, etc.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: I've heard good things about the CycloDS and Acekard 2i, but no looking for any one in particular

Using a DS Lite, for the record.

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tsukigato said:
Use? Games
Price Range? While a consideration, I don't mind shelling out more if the cart requires.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD is preferred but whichever is best, really
GBA compatibility? Yes
Special features? GBA expansion pack is a must, Real-time saving is nice. Prefer a cart that is still maintained and updated (as I'm coming from an R4), auto-patch for the DLDI, etc.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: I've heard good things about the CycloDS and Acekard 2i, but no looking for any one in particular

CycloDS is probably your best bet has real time save, updated regularly(if you don't mind beta firmwares), and built in gba support for the 3in1 I heard the support for the 3in1+ isn't the best in some cases but I can't confirm that eitherway gbaexploader should work fine for gba games no matter what cart. The M3 DS Real should also fit your needs but i have no personal experience with that card.

Tsukigato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baramos said:
Tsukigato said:
Use? Games
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
GBA compatibility? Yes

CycloDS is probably your best bet has real time save, updated regularly(if you don't mind beta firmwares), and built in gba support for the 3in1 I heard the support for the 3in1+ isn't the best in some cases but I can't confirm that eitherway gbaexploader should work fine for gba games no matter what cart. The M3 DS Real should also fit your needs but i have no personal experience with that card.

Alrighty, sounds like it's settled then, from the people I've asked. Thanks a lot!

JohnnyLJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im Looking to Update my card! Currently Using the Grandad R4!! but mario dont work! so need a new 1!! I got a DS Lite........ should i go for Acekard 2i? Or Cyclo or M3?? opinions wanted! Thanks in Advance
smile.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JohnnyLJ said:
Im Looking to Update my card! Currently Using the Grandad R4!! but mario dont work! so need a new 1!! I got a DS Lite........ should i go for Acekard 2i? Or Cyclo or M3?? opinions wanted! Thanks in Advance
smile.gif
Just wanna use it for games right? If so... AceKard is the way to go. They recently released a new firmware for akAIO (1.5) which fixed the bugs with the new Mario RPG,

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Use? : DS Games.
Price Range? : isn't important.
Slot 1/2?: Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? :MicroSD/SDHC
GBA compatibility? : No.
Special features? : Well, now im a bit confused. I need a Flashcart for a Dsi. I want to play the newest games, ( specially ML: BIS). I would also like one with RTS of good quality and slow motion ( if possible, i don't know if a Dsi Flashcart can do that). Something that will be updated, that's fast on menus and in-game and has a good firmware ( i don't know much about this and homebrew, either)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Maybe M3i Zero? Itouch2?

If someone can help, i'll be really happy ^^

Thanks for Reading The post !

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krisboo said:
Use? : DS Games.
Price Range? : isn't important.
Slot 1/2?: Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? :MicroSD/SDHC
GBA compatibility? : No.
Special features? : Well, now im a bit confused. I need a Flashcart for a Dsi. I want to play the newest games, ( specially ML: BIS). I would also like one with RTS of good quality and slow motion ( if possible, i don't know if a Dsi Flashcart can do that). Something that will be updated, that's fast on menus and in-game and has a good firmware ( i don't know much about this and homebrew, either)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Maybe M3i Zero? Itouch2?

If someone can help, i'll be really happy ^^

Thanks for Reading The post !

M3i Zero is good for you. It's updated regulary, the menu's good, you can choose iSakuReal, iTouch, or Touchpod firmware.
Acekard is good too, but doesn't have RTS.

FullgoreEXE

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Use?: The more features the better, but DS Gaming is most important.
Price Range?: Doesn't matter. Whatever gets me the better card.
Slot 1/2?: Slot 1, unless Slot 2 is better?
Built in or expandable memory?: I prefer using things like MicroSD/SDHC
GBA compatibility?: Not required, but it wouldn't hurt.
Special features?: I have a DS Lite. I may get a DSi in the future. I also have a R4. I want something that is better than an R4 and is compatible with both DS Lite and DSi.

Thanks so much ;-;

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FullgoreEXE said:
Use?: The more features the better, but DS Gaming is most important.
Price Range?: Doesn't matter. Whatever gets me the better card.
Slot 1/2?: Slot 1, unless Slot 2 is better?
Built in or expandable memory?: I prefer using things like MicroSD/SDHC
GBA compatibility?: Not required, but it wouldn't hurt.
Special features?: I have a DS Lite. I may get a DSi in the future. I also have a R4. I want something that is better than an R4 and is compatible with both DS Lite and DSi.

Thanks so much ;-;
If your buying a DSi go with a M3iZero. Acekard 2.1i is one to check out if you don't need/want Real Time Save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: