capn_crunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st post
biggrin.gif
I've read most of the stickies/searched for this info. I know Cycle>Acekard>M3 Real>Edge... I really just want a sub 40 card with RTS that will last longer than a couple months.

Use? Games
Price Range? around 40 bucks max with a 4gb SDHC (purchased alternately is fine, but combined cost should be around 40)
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSDHC/SD
GBA compatibility? I would like the option to buy an addon in the future.
Special features? RTS
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: I'd like to purchase from a US retailer (Realhotstuff (NJ) is close to MD where I live so fast shipping)

Among the RHS offerings: Acekard 2, Acekard 2.1, M3 Real, DSTT and Edge are within the price range. I'd prefer cyclods but its too much if you get a card as well.

OK, so quick question, it seems a lot of firmwares are interchangeable, is it possible to install cyclo firmware on another card?

tec9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
got a ds lite
im in the same boat as you

i need rts and play roms
for the kids so it has to be easy to use
also want to use opera web browser, real m3 slot2 or the ezf slot2?
also would like to play gba games on the slot2. is slot 2 needed for nes snes emu?

the edge and acekard dont do rts.
ive found cyclo, supercard and the real m3 or itouch. any others?

my pricerange is about 20 bux max for the slot 1 card and like 10bux for the slot 2. is that possible?

also be good to have one that does dsi if i ever get the dsi.

tec9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanx for the input

yea its hard to decide.
i got it down to supercard, m3, ezflash, and itouch
all do rts. out of those only the supercard, itouch and azflash do dsi. and only the ezflah and supercard are upgradeable if they chose to upgrade the fw.

so im down to those 2. supercard or the ezflash. and hopefully the new m3 zero like u said. any news on it?
think i will up my budget to 25 bux for the slot 1 and 20 bux for the slot 2. oi have to get a few of these for the kids so cyclo is out of the question.

how easy are these for kids to use. there in that 8-11 year old range

lastly is the itouch same team/maker of m3?. is fo is this m3 zero a updated itouch?

capn_crunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks @ Pharoah, I think I'll pick up the M3, although I think the M3i Zero is coming out next week, so I'll wait until then to order.
I know I'm a noob here and my opinion doesn't matter much, but there should be a "thanks" feature for posts in the forums.

tec9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
def should be a thanx.

if only acekard added abilty to upgrade and added rts it be awsome.

btw looked more at it and the supercard one menu, expecially chosing roms with icons is slow as molasis. i cant bear to use that
ithouch gui dont look too hot.
ezflash looks like the best one. however rts is really important so if its flaky ill pass

that leaves m3 and m3i zero. if there identical featurewise and issuewise but add dsi with the zero, ill be first in line for one.
can I stil use slot 2 functions using the m3i zero if i use it on a ds lite? for gba games and opera browser
whats this m3i upgrade i saw on utube. is it same thing?

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm debating between an R4 and an Acekard...

Now before you go on a rant about how R4 sucks cus it is outdated, just listen.

The site I wanna buy it from apparently has legit R4 cards and sells them pretty cheap. It also comes with a 2GB memory card, which is probably all the memory I need.

The Acekard on the other hand is cheaper, but does not come with a memory card, meaning I have to spend a few extra bucks on a memory card. The thought of paying more money for more memory is tempting though.

I am also gonna buy an EZ-flash from DealExtreme for 18$, which is 2 dollars less than I'd pay at RealHotStuff.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11300

The prices ultimately boil down to...

$36.50 if i got the Ez-Flash and R4 from RealHotStuff.
$40.45 if i got the acekard and ezflash from DealExtreme.
And only $33.40 if i got the R4 from RealHotStuff and the Ez-Flash from DealExtreme.

I could save 7 dollars by getting a card that is outdated but still works (All I'm gonna do is play DS and GBA games, maybe some NES and SNES. And even if I get a clone, it would still be usable, I'd just have to get different firmware.) or spend the extra money to get twice the memory but a flimsy card that could break when I try to take it out of the box.

legions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games, Emulation, Movies, Books
Price Range? I want the best.
Slot 1/2? I'm getting a DS Lite because I want to be able to play GBA games
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
GBA compatibility? Yes, for sure
Special features? Not sure, real time saving and being able to update maybe?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: I've been trying to figure out what's what, but I've given up :-(.

I really just want to be able to play GBA and DS really well. Playing NES and Snes would be nice, as well as reading books. Price really isn't an issue, and I already have the expandable memory so I don't need to buy any of that.

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as I have a Wii, a 360, a 60 inch HDTV, and a DS Lite, then I guess I would say I'm not that poor.

But I dun wanna get an Acekard and have it break. :< (unless it is not as fragile as some say)

You made a good point with mentioning that some games may not be playable on an R4 in the future.

Meh. It's only seven dollars. What else am I gonna spend that money on?

Besides, I hear that 2 GB fills up fast.

legions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
@legions
M3DS Real Perfect Bundle (the one with a GBA Expansion Pack), that'll do EVERYTHING you want it to do at a reasonable price. CycloDS Evolution + EZ Flash 3 in 1 is also a good choice, but I think if you care about GBA a lot, the M3DS Real is the better option of the two.

I hate to be a bother and I love the help. I'm looking to get the M3DS bundle off of Real Hot Stuff and read a few of the reviews. Some user mentioned that the M3 unit can/has shorted out DS units. I'm not a big fan of that lol. Does that still seem to be a problem, and even with that risk would you still recommend the bundle over the CycloDS Evolution + EZ Flash 3 combo? Thank you for your help.

k0kujin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games,homebrew,books,music,etc
Price Range? none
Slot 1/2? no preference
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
GBA compatibility? yes
Special features?

I am more or less looking for a card that does everything, but there are so many out there it's hard to even wittle down my choices.

Ace_boy2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I was wondering what the majority of people thought would be the best Flash Cart that I should look into getting. I have a "R4 SDHC" but it seems like it isn't that great.

o. System: Onyx DSLite (would like to match system color but isn't a must)
o. Purpose: Games; NDS, GBA, GBC, GB (with cheat option for after beating game and playing around)
o. Slot 1/2: Both unless "ezflash V" (3-in-1) works, i have that and could still use.
o. Multimedia: Don't care, Don't plan on using for a .mp3 player anyway.
o. Memory: As I said I have an R4 now that is really getting on my nerves so I have a 8GB micro I can use so I would need HC Compatability.
o. Cost: I would like to get something cheap but I see Cyclo is 50-60 bucks, and if that need be what I have to pay for something that will be good and reliable, then so be it.
o. Customizability: The R4 I have lets you set skins that changes by the month That would be cool or just abe able to put a bunch on and select whichever I want at the time or a randomizer but this isn't important as long as I can navigate and get to my stuff.

Current Problems That I am having with my R4 That I would like to remedy with this is:
o. Cheat Option doesn't work. I'll activate and select "save and exit" then close like everything is fine but the cheats won't activate
o. GBA games have to be opened through YSmenu which I had to create with instructions found on here a while ago but YSmenu ONLY plays the GBA games so I need the DS for .nds, Lameboy for .gb and .gbc and YSmenu for .gba. If I can eliminate that I would be VERY greatful.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.​

P.S. Sorry for reviving a month old topic....

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Ace_boy it sounds like you want something that'll look nice and get the job done. Yes?

I always loved my M3 Real before it died and am probably about to buy one myself.

Which is what brings me to this topic. I'm tired of screwing around with my backup card (A DSTT) and am going to upgrade to ... something. I always loved the sakura firmware it kicked ass and I just want something that I can go to the site - download the firmware updates... and have it WORK!

My problem - I have $13.54 USD in my Paypal account and closed my bank account associated with it so have no way of adding more funds. Anyone can suggest the M3, or another good card, for under that (incl. postage) to Australia?
tongue.gif

wohdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for a DS card, guys! What would you suggest?

System: Phat. dunno the FW. Model # is NTR-001, not that it should make any difference.
Purpose: Just something that can launch/run NDS files stably (oh, and can save). Nothing spectacular. Doesn't even particularly need to be homebrew-friendly. I have a PSP for media/emulation (sup GBA) anyway. Cheat functions would be nice, though I could live without them as long as I can save.
Slot: 1, preferrably, though I suppose it doesn't matter THAT much.
Memory: expandable, must be microSDHC-compatible. I have an 8GB Sandisk to throw at it~
Cost: cheap, though not at the cost of stability.
Quality: preferrably something that's not going to die on me for no reason. I hate it when that shit happens.

Ace_boy2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IzzehO said:
Ace_boy it sounds like you want something that'll look nice and get the job done. Yes?

I always loved my M3 Real before it died and am probably about to buy one myself.

Which is what brings me to this topic. I'm tired of screwing around with my backup card (A DSTT) and am going to upgrade to ... something. I always loved the sakura firmware it kicked ass and I just want something that I can go to the site - download the firmware updates... and have it WORK!

My problem - I have $13.54 USD in my Paypal account and closed my bank account associated with it so have no way of adding more funds. Anyone can suggest the M3, or another good card, for under that (incl. postage) to Australia?
tongue.gif

I'm not sure if you are trying to suggest I look into getting a M3 or not. I've seen CycloDS' on ConsoleSource that I was thinkign of getting but I'm not sure if it has the features/options I am looking for. I've seen good feedback for them on the couple of forums/posts that I've seen. While I am here I'd like to add that I've seen some sa ythat you can access wi-fi with it and others that can't. I'd like to be able to access wifi with it too.

As for your Paypal IzzehO, You can always associate a new account to it including Credit cards. On mine I have my bank card, bank account number (e-check), and like 3 other credit cards that way i can pick which I would like to use instead of just one payment method. I keep my Paypal empty when I buy something it transfers from my bank/creditcard to paypal then pays the person, all in the same day i think.

WeakNiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is suggesting which site is safest to buy off of allowed?
Cause I don't know which site is reliable and which is not.

Since, nowaday, there has been so many cases of fake flashcart, it gets frustrating.
Afterall, most of us flashcart users ARE HERE because buying flashcarts can save a bundle of money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system