Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

link575

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so assuming i get ak, which its looking like i do right now, is the spring loaded thing as big a problem as some people say? or is that people just being paranoid

kompact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been out of the DS scene for about a year as my DSL was stolen along with my Cyclo DS. I have a new DSL and am wondering what flash cart to buy. I LOVED the Cyclo because of the RTS and support. Is it still the best thing going? I really don't care about any bells and whistles.

The things I want in a flash cart are:

1. RTS
2. Support & updates
3. Solid construction

Should I buy another Cyclo?

Yingxue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get my first flash cart. I am a flash cart noob. >:3

I have a DSL.

This is what I'd like:

1. I want to be able to play DS and GBA games. I'm mostly going to use the card to play DS games. My understanding is that Slot-1 cards can't play GBA games, are there any slot-2 cards recommended? Also, with a card, is it possible to emulate GB/GBC games? (If so, I'd love to learn how)

2. Affordable, not necessarily cheap, but affordable. I don't really want to get a card that's going to be obsolete in a couple of years, and regret paying an arm and a leg for it. About how far will $35-ish get you? Is that too low? Too high?

3. As for features...I'd like to get my money's worth. I'm not to picky about features, because I just don't know what's out there.
smile.gif

Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kompact said:
I have been out of the DS scene for about a year as my DSL was stolen along with my Cyclo DS. I have a new DSL and am wondering what flash cart to buy. I LOVED the Cyclo because of the RTS and support. Is it still the best thing going? I really don't care about any bells and whistles.

The things I want in a flash cart are:

1. RTS
2. Support & updates
3. Solid construction

Should I buy another Cyclo?
My DSL got stolen too (Have a DSi now
yaynds.gif
). Sucks, doesn't it
Anyway, CycloDS is still the cart with the most features, but I don't see them update very much
The M3 team currently has the fastest updates.
M3 DS Real has RTS, Build-in Music/Movie player and more. It is also a quite sturdy cart.
Maybe thats what you want?

QUOTE(Yingxue @ Sep 5 2009, 05:35 PM) I'm looking to get my first flash cart. I am a flash cart noob. >:3

I have a DSL.

This is what I'd like:

1. I want to be able to play DS and GBA games. I'm mostly going to use the card to play DS games. My understanding is that Slot-1 cards can't play GBA games, are there any slot-2 cards recommended? Also, with a card, is it possible to emulate GB/GBC games? (If so, I'd love to learn how)

2. Affordable, not necessarily cheap, but affordable. I don't really want to get a card that's going to be obsolete in a couple of years, and regret paying an arm and a leg for it. About how far will $35-ish get you? Is that too low? Too high?

3. As for features...I'd like to get my money's worth. I'm not to picky about features, because I just don't know what's out there.
smile.gif

Thanks
What about: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14165
M3 is a good cart with many features (Like RTS = Save at any time) and a very nice GUI (Sakura)
The pack I linked has Slot2 expansions for GBA games
You don't need to buy it from that shop, but its the cheapest you'll find it (only takes long to ship). And you still need to buy a Micro SD card for the games

There are emulators for GB/GBC
Check the NDS - Emulation Forum

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I need help on picking one >.>

Use? Mainly ROMs (current and future) and homebrew support for popular homebrew.
Price Range? Cheap (up to 10 dollars from DealExtreme)
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 only.
Type of DS? DS/DS Lite
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD 2GB
Special features? Ability to use Action Replay cheats. Long lasting.
Currently looking at? DSTT from http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15613 (cheap, heard it was a good choice even though shipping is horribly long).

Keep in mind I'm a little new to DS Flashcarts.

kloakndaggers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a M3i Zero and now I"m looking for a slot 2 card? What is the best slot 2 card around? As many features as possible. Price does not matter.

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kloakndaggers said:
I just got a M3i Zero and now I"m looking for a slot 2 card? What is the best slot 2 card around? As many features as possible. Price does not matter.
Look at the reviews, but so far, I've been hearing alot about reccomending EZFlash 3 in 1

kloakndaggers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does EZflash 3 in one work on DSi?

Burnedmagix said:
kloakndaggers said:
Look at the reviews, but so far, I've been hearing alot about reccomending EZFlash 3 in 1

NevermoreBurning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use? Games
Price Range? Don't really mind but obviously would like to minimise.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSDHC
GBA compatibility? YES- that said, I already own an EZFlash 3in1.
Special features? SDHC, and compatibility with GBA expansion pak, good updates and generally "active"
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: There are too many to choose from. frown.gif
CycloDS I've heard is pretty good? Bought this for my stepbrother a while back but he's 8 so doesn't run it to the edge much.

I currently own an R4 and EZFlash3in1, which I use on my ol' DS Phat. Because of R4 being, well, buckets, I've decided to get a new Slot-1 card. Not sure which though. Would quite like to be able to play the new Mario and Luigi game which I believe has some hardcore anti-piracy measures: so a card which is likely to be fixed soonish would be welcome. Prefer ease-of-use over bleeding-edge but don't mind fiddling a bit.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
So, I have a DS-X. But it sucks ass. No big surprise.

I'm looking for a new slot1 card to play games and for multimedia purposes.
I also need one that supports my G6 as a RAM pack (as my DS-X does) for the DS Browser.
I'd prefer expandable memory with miniSD or miniSDHC.

I have a DS Phat. I'm looking at the acekard2i.

http://shop.01media.com/info.asp?ProductID=38210

Is it good enough?

dragonmagician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? DS Games only
Price Range? Any
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Doesn't matter
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? I have a DS Lite with G6 Lite. Since it seems G6 Lite is not supported anymore, I'm looking into a new flash cart to play Mario and Luigi, and any future games that have copy protection. I haven't kept track of new flash card releases since I got the G6 Lite, so I don't know which cart is currently the best. My main requirement is for good support and timely release of new firmware; as long as I can play every game, I'm happy.

imtony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need a site like stuff4kids that had cheap carts located in the USA.
Looking for carts that are easy to use, fast navigation, cheap, no need for and patching for most of the games (like for my old r4, i need to patch some games like contra 4 and stuff just for it to work).

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dragonmagician said:
Use? DS Games only
Price Range? Any
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Doesn't matter
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? I have a DS Lite with G6 Lite. Since it seems G6 Lite is not supported anymore, I'm looking into a new flash cart to play Mario and Luigi, and any future games that have copy protection. I haven't kept track of new flash card releases since I got the G6 Lite, so I don't know which cart is currently the best. My main requirement is for good support and timely release of new firmware; as long as I can play every game, I'm happy.

Go with the M3Real. It's a terrific card, and it gets updates very regularly.
I've had one for a year now, and it's still working as good as new.
I bought it from here:

http://www.colourful-zone.com/Store/produc...products_id=214

Splendid webshop, with a lot of different products and good prices. Ship to every country in the world too.

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Use: DS games.
Price Range? : Doesn't matter.
Slot 1/2: Slot 1.
Built in or expandable memory?: Doesn't matter ( i prefer expandable, though)
GBA compatibility? No.
Special features: I'm just looking for a good Flashcart for my DSi. I already own a R4i NEO, but i didn't know it was a clone. I want to play the new games like Mario and Luigi , Bowser's inside history. I don't know very much about Firmware's , updates and that stuff ( i can learn, though). I just want to play almost every game without issues, or speed problems. ( If it has savestates, it'll be great ^^).

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Krisboo said:
Use: DS games.
Price Range? : Doesn't matter.
Slot 1/2: Slot 1.
Built in or expandable memory?: Doesn't matter ( i prefer expandable, though)
GBA compatibility? No.
Special features: I'm just looking for a good Flashcart for my DSi. I already own a R4i NEO, but i didn't know it was a clone. I want to play the new games like Mario and Luigi , Bowser's inside history. I don't know very much about Firmware's , updates and that stuff ( i can learn, though). I just want to play almost every game without issues, or speed problems. ( If it has savestates, it'll be great ^^).

I'd recommend the M3i Zero (with Save States) or EZ Flash Vi (which also has save states).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: