Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Quantumcat, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    For that, I'm using a proxy (CCProxy) with whitelist instead of 90DNS blacklist.
    it imply I need my computer to access the network as it acts as proxy, but I'm rarely playing outside of my home so it's not a problem.

I enabled only Nintendo connection test server and switchbru. it seems to work. you can even be paranoid and use both, you can add 90DNS IP in the CCproxy setting in addition to the white list.

crabycowman123 and hippy dave like this.
  2. benjo

benjo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2017
    Austria
    How about a ebook reader

3. crabycowman123

crabycowman123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Although I don't think this is realistically possible, it would be awesome if someone found a way to replicate StreetPass behavior (from the 3DS) on the Switch, ideally in such a way that is is interoperable with actual 3DS systems.

4. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    try NX-Shell.

5. CORE

CORE GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Rob The Robot!!! Why not your own A.I. Assistant:switch:

Last edited by CORE, Jan 10, 2019
  6. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    [Request]

I would like to request a PS4 Remote Play client for the Nintendo Switch.

We have a Windows PS4 Remote Play client and then we also have one for Android.

We have homebrew on PS4 (5.05) and both the above apps can be used with a homebrew'd PS4.

I wish there was a Switch Homebrew PS4 Remote Play client, which would enable us to stream our PS4 games directly on the Nintendo Switch. Now, wouldn't that be amazing!?

Thank you for looking :)

Last edited by ravihpa, Jan 10, 2019
  7. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    ohh, I thought it required a PSVita to remote play PS4. Good to know it works on android too. Edit: ahh, that's because it's Xperia only?
    hmm, the pc and android apps seem official, it's not open source, I don't think it could be done on other devices "officially", but like you said maybe with a PS4 homebrew as host.

Last edited by Cyan, Jan 10, 2019
  8. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    There has been at least one unofficial client in the past based on reverse-engineering the protocol, but there have been updates since then and the latest version hasn't yet been fully reverse-engineered.

Cyan likes this.
  9. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    You can do it on any phone, but you have to root it and install the Sony Framework and then hide the root.

I don't really know how PS4 streaming works, but it would be amazing to have something like this. A friend of mine did it the long way. He streamed his PS4 to his PC and then used In-Home Switching to stream that to his Switch, thereby playing his PS4 games on his Switch.

Cyan likes this.
  10. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Addict

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    A Proper ACTIVIY LOG! Like Wii U or 3DS, I hate the Switch one, is so vague!

crabycowman123 likes this.
  11. Buszu92

Buszu92 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2018
    Poland
    Heroes of Might and Magic 3 on Switch will be awesome!

Here is open source engine https://vcmi.eu/

12. jacksprat1990

jacksprat1990 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    yusuo likes this.
  13. yusuo

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    A freeware version of an xci loader would be nice, means I can actually preak away from SX OS.

Also hdd support would be nice

14. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    What about the possibility of a No one Lives Forever port? Nolf was a great FPS from back in the day that's seems to be in limbo atm, there's no Steam version or any way to play it officially nowadays. The source has been released online and if that works well on Switch, how about a No One Lives Forever 2 too?

15. TPMJB

TPMJB Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    Is there any possibility to use a PS4 or Xbox one controller with our Switch? I think there was an app like that for the Wii

16. yusuo

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    This is already possible without any mods. You can use any Bluetooth controller

17. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Addict

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Not true, Wii U is Bluetooth I CANT use it xD

18. yusuo

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
  19. TPMJB

TPMJB Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    So I can just connect my xbox one controller to my switch and do away with that terrible "pro" controller? Why would anyone buy their controllers then?

Edit: Oh I need a bluetooth adapter. Didn't know the switch didn't support bluetooth natively. What is this, 2004?

Last edited by TPMJB, Jan 14, 2019 at 2:47 AM
  20. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Activities app (playtime statistics) like on Wii U/3DS

I know we can tap on our user icon on the homescreen to see how much time we spent on o few games.
    But on the one hand it doesn't seem to list all titles, only a few and on the other hand is there no monthly or weekly view (as on the 3DS/Wii U).
    Since the playtime is saved by Horizon somewhere (obviously) this might be possible?