Homebrew Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3. A way to only allow certain URLs on the internet (similar functionality to 90DNS, but more strict; only user-allowed websites).
For that, I'm using a proxy (CCProxy) with whitelist instead of 90DNS blacklist.
it imply I need my computer to access the network as it acts as proxy, but I'm rarely playing outside of my home so it's not a problem.

I enabled only Nintendo connection test server and switchbru. it seems to work. you can even be paranoid and use both, you can add 90DNS IP in the CCproxy setting in addition to the white list.

crabycowman123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I don't think this is realistically possible, it would be awesome if someone found a way to replicate StreetPass behavior (from the 3DS) on the Switch, ideally in such a way that is is interoperable with actual 3DS systems.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
[Request]

I would like to request a PS4 Remote Play client for the Nintendo Switch.

We have a Windows PS4 Remote Play client and then we also have one for Android.

We have homebrew on PS4 (5.05) and both the above apps can be used with a homebrew'd PS4.

I wish there was a Switch Homebrew PS4 Remote Play client, which would enable us to stream our PS4 games directly on the Nintendo Switch. Now, wouldn't that be amazing!?

Thank you for looking :)

Last edited by GaaraPrime,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ohh, I thought it required a PSVita to remote play PS4. Good to know it works on android too. Edit: ahh, that's because it's Xperia only?
hmm, the pc and android apps seem official, it's not open source, I don't think it could be done on other devices "officially", but like you said maybe with a PS4 homebrew as host.

Last edited by Cyan,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ohh, I thought it required a PSVita to remote play PS4. Good to know it works on android too. Edit: ahh, that's because it's Xperia only?
hmm, the pc and android apps seem official, it's not open source, I don't think it could be done on other devices.
There has been at least one unofficial client in the past based on reverse-engineering the protocol, but there have been updates since then and the latest version hasn't yet been fully reverse-engineered.

Reactions: Cyan

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hmm, the pc and android apps seem official, it's not open source, I don't think it could be done on other devices "officially", but like you said maybe with a PS4 homebrew as host.

You can do it on any phone, but you have to root it and install the Sony Framework and then hide the root.

I don't really know how PS4 streaming works, but it would be amazing to have something like this. A friend of mine did it the long way. He streamed his PS4 to his PC and then used In-Home Switching to stream that to his Switch, thereby playing his PS4 games on his Switch.

Reactions: Cyan

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A freeware version of an xci loader would be nice, means I can actually preak away from SX OS.

Also hdd support would be nice

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What about the possibility of a No one Lives Forever port? Nolf was a great FPS from back in the day that's seems to be in limbo atm, there's no Steam version or any way to play it officially nowadays. The source has been released online and if that works well on Switch, how about a No One Lives Forever 2 too?

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is already possible without any mods. You can use any Bluetooth controller
So I can just connect my xbox one controller to my switch and do away with that terrible "pro" controller? Why would anyone buy their controllers then?

Edit: Oh I need a bluetooth adapter. Didn't know the switch didn't support bluetooth natively. What is this, 2004?

Last edited by TPMJB,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Activities app (playtime statistics) like on Wii U/3DS

I know we can tap on our user icon on the homescreen to see how much time we spent on o few games.
But on the one hand it doesn't seem to list all titles, only a few and on the other hand is there no monthly or weekly view (as on the 3DS/Wii U).
Since the playtime is saved by Horizon somewhere (obviously) this might be possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: