Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
Riivolution for 3DS
There was one being worked on by staplebutter and got a custom nsmb2 level running on it but lost motivation and never finished nor realeased it

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone familiar with "Action Replay Power Saves" for 3DS?
They have a thing that let's you use cheats. There are a few problems though.
• It requires the internet. It uploads your save, the server edits it, then it downloads your save again.
• You're limited to the cheats on the server. Many games with multiple save slots only have codes for slot one, or might as well.
Let's add these to that list:
• Due to requiring you to insert the game cartridge, it's not compatible with eShop-purchased or pre-installed games.
• The less popular games are not given equal priority, very few ever getting codes available from the product.
• The cheats are highly limited,
--• Taking next to no DLC into account, if any.
--• Most games just have 'infinite X' cheats and nothing beyond that.
--• Not only are there usually only good cheats for first save slots, but also only for one or few characters, and the first few inventory slots of that save.
• Some lists show sub folders for other save files, but there are no cheats in the folders.
• The program sometimes loses sight of the device randomly while selecting the cheats you want, clearing the selections so you need to pick them again.

These are issues with the product unrelated to the code customizer (which is a misleading name) feature:
• If your net goes down, the product is completely useless, not letting you back-up your save, restore a save, or use a power save.
• They had to stop hosting "power saves" (cheated progress save data) because loading a 3DS save into a cartridge it didn't originate from (even if it's the same game, region, and version) corrupts the data.
• Games they don't have codes for can not be backed-up either.

Last edited by that girl,

Shirako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An app where you can control your ds via local connection from your computer, i wanna play smash with my keyboard :)

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If a homebrew is needed to modify Ironfall save file, then I would like to have a similar one for Ocarina of Time so I could sell my cartridge for mad dosh

Reactions: VegaRoXas

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bringing my account back from the dead (haven't made a post in two years), I've recently softmodded my New 3DS XL and I'm loving the homebrew scene for it already. We've already got a couple of fun homebrew games made specifically/ported to the 3DS, and emulation is surprisingly smooth for what it is at the moment.

One game I would love to see ported is a really old fangame that has since been abandoned called Super Mario War.

https://code.google.com/p/supermariowar/

It's a mix between traditional Super Mario Bros. gameplay and classic deathmatch. The goal is to jump around an arena and try to stomp your opponent to kill them In addition, it also has a couple of other really nice gameplay modes, such as Capture the Flag, Survival (where you dodge Thwomps raining from the sky), King of the Hill, and a couple of more. It's surprisingly well made, and has been ported to a crapton of consoles in the past (such as the Wii, the PSP, and the original Xbox). I think a PS3 port also exists, but I'm not certain. The PSP port and original Xbox port are based on very old versions of the game, but the Wii port is based on the latest release (1.8 beta 2).

I think this would be an awesome game to port despite development being abandoned. It seems to be a staple to port it to every console that has a homebrew scene out there, and it feels like it would be a good fit on the 3DS with it's quick pick up and play gameplay.

I'd die of happiness if anybody would be willing to tackle it.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
There are two games I'd love. The first is a classic: Tower Defense. It's been remade so many times that I'm sure you could find some code to base it on.

The second is PlasmaRaketti. I think you'd have to do that one from scratch because I can't find the source code anywhere. It was really fun though.

D

Deleted User

1. Program to change the system language of your EmuNAND. (Note: some games contain more languages than you can actually select in system settings, this could let you select them.)
I want the same thing

BlazeMelon5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-A way to downgrade the firmware

-A mii editor with less restrictions

-A Sm4sh custom character hack/ coin hack

-Something to do with Fire Emblem: Awakening (infinite items, all skills, random classes, etc.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also something like the desktop remote but the opposite, so the computer screen shows the 3ds screen.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-A Sm4sh custom character hack/ coin hack

-Something to do with Fire Emblem: Awakening (infinite items, all skills, random classes, etc.)

I've already suggested something that covers both of those and more:

Anyone familiar with "Action Replay Power Saves" for 3DS?
They have a thing that let's you use cheats. There are a few problems though.
• It requires the internet. It uploads your save, the server edits it, then it downloads your save again.
• You're limited to the cheats on the server. Many games with multiple save slots only have codes for slot one, or might as well.
• It costs money?

Something that works the same way, but reads from a code file on the SD card without the need to use the internet would be great.
Akin to the Action Replay for the classic DS, where you stored codelists you edited on your PC and let you choose what codes you wanted.

As a bonus, the *option* to access a custom online location where someone is hosting codelists could be useful for some people who don't want to create their own codelists.

Needs to be compatible with 3DS games.
Compatibility with classic DS games, DSi games, and emulator( save)s is not as important.

I also found more problems with the "PowerSaves" device and software, posting about them after my quoted post.
Rather than make a cheating software for each game, with set number of cheats, the software I suggested would allow people to find\make and apply cheats to whatever game they like.

The codes themselves will have to differ from the Spider exploit codes, as Spider exploit runs the cheats on active data, while this software will apply it to save data. It is quite different, as active data is only permanent if you save the session. So backing up your save data, if possible, is recommended.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want to see (but I know it will never happen) is:

- a system manager. Like the Wii. To change your region and downgrade/upgrade your firmware. (So we can go back to 4.5)

- Something like bootmii

- Eshop access in other regions

- Cia installer (just like wad installer)

- SD LOADER GX just like USB Loader GX

- A much better browser app

- A simple HTML editor/ loader

- A cheat engine like ocarina and action replay

I would be already happy if I have the exploid.
these will all be made in due time. and i can assure you someone is probably working on or planning to work on another exploit with full kernel access and no barriers like owning a certain game, just like letterbomb on wii.

Buttsnake

"Mods please close this thread"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't a homebrew app suggestions, but I always had an idea of a backdoor being open while saving a Sm4sh replay. I don't know if this is the right logic to hacking a 3DS, because I never hacked one, nor know how to. So if I sound like a complete doofus, that's why

saba_fado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
flappy bird clone is already on 3dbrew :D can someone port games like that ? games like - aa , doodle jump,jetpack joyride (i am asking too much here ) and games like that ? or make clon/similar games of them

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I Want An NDS Emulator, The 3DS Should Have The Perfect Processing Power To Pull That Off

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

these will all be made in due time. and i can assure you someone is probably working on or planning to work on another exploit with full kernel access and no barriers like owning a certain game, just like letterbomb on wii.
Wow That Made My Day

Reactions: Alex3dss

Sr. G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
can someone made an app from Read Manga? i mean a Manga Seed

The app can use the 3DS putting it on side showing the Manga pages in the upper screen and using the touch screen for the controls (mixed with the buttons)

• D-Pad and circle pad for change the page, and navigate when you are in the menu
  • The buttons A and B can be used for navigate when you are in the menu (A for "enter" and B for "back") and when you are reading, B can be "Back" too and A for open "the chapter list" or Manga "information".
  • The buttons Y and X can be use in the menu for "Add to favorites" and "see your favorites" and when you are reading a chapter you can "zoom in" and "zoom out"
  • And used the Touch screen for move the image when you Zoom in or change the page.

Of course, this is a suggestion, i think we need more differents apps in the homebrew and a Manga Reader for the freaks like me would be amazing.
You can use seed like mangahere (english and spanish) Mangapanda, Sub-Manga, etc

i don't know nothing about programing :c
if anyone want to do this app i can help you with ideas, ugly pictures and ugly music only.

PD: sorry for my bad english.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1