Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I wish there was a way to replace files for legit 3ds games (custom music/textures for smash 3ds would be great), it seems pretty unlikely right now, though I have heard little rumors of something called Citralution being worked on, although I can't seem to find much info. (If anyone knows more about it please let me know as I am very curious about it).

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm interested too. An homebrew like that would be nice.
Yeah, and since we already have some homebrew that spoof the home menu in various ways (CHMM for themes, PlayCoinSetter for unlimited playcoins...) this seems possible. I really hope someone with good knowledge of this will pick up this idea.

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone compile a 3DSX of 3dscraft that works properly? The ones I am able to find only give me an empty world and glitchy reticle with an endless sky texture. (Ironhax 9.9.0 old3ds)
Me too, i have this problem... ;)

I have a request ;)

Name : Constellations 3DS

• It's like Constellations DS, but adapted for 3DS ;)
The link of Constellations DS : http://gamebrew.org/wiki/Constellations_DS

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A ROM downloader.
The general idea is a simple homebrew that connects to one(or more) rom provider websites, like emuparadise or coolrom, etc. and is able to download them to your 3ds without the need of a computer. This would be very useful, because emulation is starting to become very prevalent in the 3DS scene with emulators for gb, gbc, gba, nes and snes already available and many other emulators that are surely still to come.

Too much work.
Lower hanging fruit: A SMB app.
SMB is another name for the windows home network file sharing thingy.
By opening the application, and having wifi on, you turn on SMB.
The setup is configured in a manner that you can access it from a PC on the same network without doing anything, and allows you to dump files directly to the SD card. Without setting it up, so it works out of the box.

It would allow the user to update and install homebrew, and transfer ROM files, without fiddling with the SD card.
The only real downside is that the writer who writes this need to figure out a sane default. There is plenty of SMB apps out there for a lot of consoles, but most of them are only for setting up a server, and none of them really are preconfigured.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
1. Genesis/Megadrive
2. PC engine
3. Neo geo
4. Amiga 500
5. Commodore 64
6. CPS2
7. CPS1
8. NGPC
9. Atari Jaguar
10. SMS

But if the top 3-5 will become reality I would be happy for the rest of my life :)

Reactions: Deleted User

spadesmagnes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I remember someone showing a remote desktop app for the 3DS in the near future

what I'm proposing (and I'm not quite sure if it might work) is that a remote desktop app (for both top and bottom) should be made with its main purpose to play DS games with the PC in question as the main machine and the 3DS as only an image&audio reciever + controller

what's the goal?
playing 2X internal Res DS games on the 3DS

I know it sounds very far out but it COULD be possible, I hope someone tech-savvy enough picks up this idea

saba_fado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it would be really easy to make games like flappy bird,tetris,angry birds and stuff like on the mobiles, i know they aren't popular with many people but they are still easy to make,hell even i can make flappy bird clone game,but on android that is,i've never tried homebrew

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone familiar with "Action Replay Power Saves" for 3DS?
They have a thing that let's you use cheats. There are a few problems though.
• It requires the internet. It uploads your save, the server edits it, then it downloads your save again.
• You're limited to the cheats on the server. Many games with multiple save slots only have codes for slot one, or might as well.
• It costs money?

Something that works the same way, but reads from a code file on the SD card without the need to use the internet would be great.
Akin to the Action Replay for the classic DS, where you stored codelists you edited on your PC and let you choose what codes you wanted.

As a bonus, the *option* to access a custom online location where someone is hosting codelists could be useful for some people who don't want to create their own codelists.

Needs to be compatible with 3DS games.
Compatibility with classic DS games, DSi games, and emulator( save)s is not as important.

Last edited by that girl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1