Hacking Possible way of running new3ds emunand +9.6

PedroDJavier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody,

It has been a long time since my last post here, and so much time since my 3ds bricked and that.

So, I've found a possible way of running an +9.6 emunand into a new3ds with cfw/gateway sysnand;

The idea is, instead of emulating a new3ds sysnand, with it's random hardware boot key, emulate an old3ds emunand. I explain: Since we can't boot into emunand +9.6 this could allow us to boot into higher emunand versions with our new3ds.

Obviously, it has some disadvantages, such as not being capable of using new3ds exclusive characteristics and maybe only-new3ds games.

So that is.
Don't kill me.

Regards,
Pedro.

PD: Load ol3ds native_firm with the firmlaunch and install old3ds cias could be the nice way to do it.

Last edited by PedroDJavier,

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not smarter, but with more ideas than they.
and super humble too! ;)

but seriously, that is a creative idea. unfortunately launching O3DS NATIVE_FIRM & installing O3DS system cias on a N3DS is not going to get you a working O3DS emunand that can be updated past 9.5.0... it won't get you a working O3DS emunand at all, for that matter, if you somehow managed to accomplish that.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He didn't get it working, it was an idea that he had and it's an idea that would never work anyways

When people say they "found", that only has one meaning. If they suggest or had an idea, it would've been "Hey I have an idea". English doesn't seem broken so a translator couldn't have goof that up.....

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've found a possible way of running an +9.6 emunand into a new3ds with cfw/gateway sysnand;

When people say they "found", that only has one meaning. If they suggest or had an idea, it would've been "Hey I have an idea". English doesn't seem broken so a translator couldn't have goof that up.....

;)

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
The biggest hurdle to that idea is the same reason there's no real CFW that doesn't run emuNAND.

If you modify even the emuNAND to make it seem its an O3DS, I think the system will reject it because it will fail the check? Your idea has merit. But also running it on O3DS mode also removes any advantage the N3DS has.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not smarter, but with more ideas than they.
Okay, now we know you're trolling.

Yo they're just giving ideas, no need to make fun of them if it's something ridiculous that would never work. Just because it'd be obvious to you doesn't mean it would be obvious to everyone.
This is GBAtemp, this is about as far from "making fun" as it gets.

In fact, all things considered, I'd probably classify the reaction so far as being downright polite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.