Homebrew Possible to transfer NL data to physical Welcome Amiibo cartridge?

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've seen pics of the ACNew Leaf: Welcome Amiibo physical copy on the internet. I'm assuming the update is on the physical cartridge (I still need to look into it) and I've always preferred having the complete version of a game over the vanilla version. If I used a save manager, would my vanilla new leaf save be able to transfer over to the WA cartridge? Are they compatible?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've seen pics of the ACNew Leaf: Welcome Amiibo physical copy on the internet. I'm assuming the update is on the physical cartridge (I still need to look into it) and I've always preferred having the complete version of a game over the vanilla version. If I used a save manager, would my vanilla new leaf save be able to transfer over to the WA cartridge? Are they compatible?
Update your original ACNL game to the newest version, let it fix your save data for the new update, then inject that into the Welcome amiibo cart.

Reactions: RedRose30

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update your original ACNL game to the newest version, let it fix your save data for the new update, then inject that into the Welcome amiibo cart.

I probably should have mentioned it's updated to the latest version, but if I used JK's save manager, it would work?

Have you tested it out yourself?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably should have mentioned it's updated to the latest version, but if I used JK's save manager, it would work?

Have you tested it out yourself?
It should. You'd need to also boot Welcome amiibo cart and start a save there, export that using JKSV, move the ACNL save into the newly made ACNLWA folder, and inject that. Don't see why it wouldn't...

I haven't tested it out, as I don't own a Welcome amiibo cart, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should. You'd need to also boot Welcome amiibo cart and start a save there, export that using JKSV, move the ACNL save into the newly made ACNLWA folder, and inject that. Don't see why it wouldn't...

I haven't tested it out, as I don't own a Welcome amiibo cart, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I'd imagine it would too, but I just want to be sure because I know for the PS3 not all vanilla saves are compatible with the GotY editions because of different coding (or something like that).

I just want to be absolutely sure before I spend my money lol.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any copy of Welcome amiibo (like the physical copy) has the option of moving your town from ACNL to ACNL:WA. Simply start the game and on the bottom screen, there's an option to import your town.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any copy of Welcome amiibo (like the physical copy) has the option of moving your town from ACNL to ACNL:WA. Simply start the game and on the bottom screen, there's an option to import your town.

Just to be sure, are you absolutely certain? I've asked other people and they said they didn't think there was a way.

Did you do it yourself?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
There's a save migration tool specifically for ACNL on the eShop for moving saves from physical copies to digital and vice versa. May no longer be necessary now though.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a save migration tool specifically for ACNL on the eShop for moving saves from physical copies to digital and vice versa. May no longer be necessary now though.

Ok, but was the point of it to move the vanilla new leaf save to a welcome amiibo cartridge?

KunoichuZ said there was an option on the lower screen, but I've heard other people say it wasn't possible. I do believe KunoichiZ more, but I just want to be really sure.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure, are you absolutely certain? I've asked other people and they said they didn't think there was a way.

Did you do it yourself?
Ok, but was the point of it to move the vanilla new leaf save to a welcome amiibo cartridge?

KunoichuZ said there was an option on the lower screen, but I've heard other people say it wasn't possible. I do believe KunoichiZ more, but I just want to be really sure.
I know there's an option for it. I personally haven't done it myself though. Just look at this imgur album I made with screenshots from the Welcome amiibo cartridge itself. https://imgur.com/a/h0kDy

That's not what we're talking about though. And it's also no longer necessary for ACNL -> ACNL: Welcome amiibo transfers.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill