possible mod for emulators?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by linkinworm, Jan 3, 2009.

Jan 3, 2009
  1. linkinworm
    OP

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    strech scaling. the zoom function on vba GX 1.0.6 works on, untill you hit the top of your screen , the widescreen function has no effect for me for some reason. would it be possible to just do a strech scaleing? so you dont cut off half the game just to have it full screen? im sure many of you are with me on this one

2. WhiteWingedKnigh

Member WhiteWingedKnigh GBAtemp Regular

United States
    it works for me, and i have a 32in lcd... i dunno maybe an error on your part?

3. linkinworm
    OP

United Kingdom
    hmm, so your game fills the screen, what mode do you have your wii in? mine in 480p,

4. WhiteWingedKnigh

United States
    sadly its at 480i, i have the widescreen enable, and i just load and play my emulators.

I have money to invest in a Component cable, but is it really worth it? and they are too expensive just to get a slight increase in the image.

5. linkinworm
    OP

United Kingdom
    OOOO they are really worth it, i have the XCM v3 cables so i can hook up my 360 wii ps3 psp xbox up all at the same time to the one component port on my TV i have, and the image is just THAT much crisper, if you ever use them then take them out put in the composite cables you can REALLY see the difference

and i fixed my problem had to reset the settings for some reason.

dont u think it would be nice to get a better filter on vba GX? like so its not blury when you enable it, more like the ones on the pc version

6. WhiteWingedKnigh

United States
    Good to know then, Im playing all my games in 480i... =( but how would COD:WaW and RE4 look at 480p? Would it be THAT much of a difference?

7. linkinworm
    OP

United Kingdom
    not played COD on my wii, but RE4, i played it on cube so i knew what it looked like then, and i play it on my wii and i think it looks awsome, cleaner. if you enjoy games, get the best and op for the HD cables, in a 32" you will see its better. it must be pretty bad for you, it hurts my eyes in a 26" useing non HD stuff