Hacking Possible Homebrew/Hacking video capture for wii?

SwitchNOW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
on psp an application that allows you to "capture video" from the console

I wonder..

great as ever, waninkoko able to make this application on wii?

Is this possible?

sorry for my English
wink.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
u could simply buy a usb gecko. it has screen capturing capability.

i don't know if a tool like you are suggesting is possible on the wii because of it's architecture.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP doesn't record the video (though, you could do that as well, the game plays far far FAR from real time... used it to capture some animated GIFs). It streams the data through USB... The Wii USB ports aren't even designed to be hooked directly to a computer so that cuts that option out. The only other options then would be to use a hardware device like USB gecko... but that only lets you capture stills.

If you want video then and are willing to pay for additional hardware... just spend some money to get a video capture card for your PC. I just picked up a real cheapy on Newegg for $20 and it works great even if the colors are a little washed out. Spend a bit more and you can get something a lot nicer.

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
What I do is simply press record on my HDD Recorder, trough which I have the wii connected anyways.
Quite simple, and dvd recorders are really cheap these days

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay