Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i might have found a way to get everything working again...

once homebrew channel installed, or with a another way of running homebrew(like the bannerbomb exploit) try running cioscorps installer with the signing bug ios's in the folder instead of the cioscorps ios's, and if on 4.0 original, you include system menu 3.2 wad file. that app does work, while wad manager doesn't...

i just had to fix a wii that had updated to original 4.0 while homebrew channel installed. nothing worked anymore(homebrew whise like wad manager and stuff) so i couldn't install 3.2, not even with any region changer which gave an error, but installing the wad with cioscorps installer did work so from there on you can get everything to work again
smile.gif

i thought i might share it ;-)

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
at least this is how i fixed the wii of a wriend of mine who couldn't play backups anymore cause of the original 4.0 update...

Posts merged

FenrirWolf said:
Well, that's all fine and dandy for a normal hackable Wii, but you can't say it will work on the "unhackables" until you've tried it.
i didn't say it is working for the unhackable, i said possible way... (watch the possible) i hope somebody can try this...

as far as i followed the unhackable wii stuff, those have the same issue if i'm correct... and it is worth a try i think...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WARNING: If you do this on an unhackable Wii this might brick it!

WAD Manager crashes as soon as it opens the trucha signed cIOS. What do you think happens when ANYTHING opens a trucha signed IOS? I'm almost sure if you do this, and if it would be able to install the modified IOS, the system would crash as soon as the system menu loads its IOS.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need for the warning, someone already tested this for me, it just plain doesnt work.

no one did my idea, but I'm guessing no one with an unhackable wii had immediate access to those resources that I mentioned.
(cIOS_corp v1 IOS's, PFD, etc.)

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
WARNING: If you do this on an unhackable Wii this might brick it!

WAD Manager crashes as soon as it opens the trucha signed cIOS. What do you think happens when ANYTHING opens a trucha signed IOS? I'm almost sure if you do this, and if it would be able to install the modified IOS, the system would crash as soon as the system menu loads its IOS.

i didn't say you would install cios's to let the system menu load from it... i was just talking about installing the old ios 16, system menu 3.2 and trying to install cios 249 for backup loading and installing wads... not the whole cioscorps... although i doabt it would brick a wii though... and if you have 3.2 installed you can always try installing preloader to get it fixed...

Posts merged

QUOTE(noobwarrior7 @ Apr 19 2009, 03:12 PM) no need for the warning, someone already tested this for me, it just plain doesnt work.

no one did my idea, but I'm guessing no one with an unhackable wii had immediate access to those resources that I mentioned.
(cIOS_corp v1 IOS's, PFD, etc.)

that's too bad, it was worth a try...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Replacing the IOS used by the system menu on one of the unhackable Wiis is suicide. Everything that loads a cIOS on them crashes immediately, what do you think happens when preloader loads the cIOS? Even with preloader you are bricked if you can't use the IOS used by the system menu.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
wouldn't it make a same issue with cioscorps and sm 4.0? that you'll need to load system menu of another ios? or reinstalling preloader again fix it? i don't know but i don't think it will mean a brick with preloader installed, but maybe it's better to try if bootmii is released (if bootmii can be installed on those wii's)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Preloader requires an IOS too. Or does the latest preloader version let you select which IOS to use while it's not using any IOS? This would surprise me very much. And BootMii can't be installed on the generation before the unhackable Wiis for now, but maybe that gets fixed before the release. We will see what possibilites open with BootMii once it's released.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If your Wii can't use the IOS that is installed at IOS60 you have a full brick that isn't recoverable by preloader. Preloader requires that IOS too.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
then why can preloader still be loaded on 4.0 after installing cios60 and while the wii says the system files are corrupted? i mean, if this was true then you couldn't be using preloader anymore to reinstall preloader while it can be done as i did it and many others did it...

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installing a CIOS60 doesn't kill preloader it only makes it give you a system menu corrupt when trying to boot into the system menu preloader still works fine though , re-installing preloader fixes this, because it only has to add to patches to the CIOS60 necessary for it, to boot the system menu,

but if you really want to test your theory why not try removing CIOS60 all together, I guarantee you'll brick

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FGOD said:
then why can preloader still be loaded on 4.0 after installing cios60 and while the wii says the system files are corrupted? i mean, if this was true then you couldn't be using preloader anymore to reinstall preloader while it can be done as i did it and many others did it...

In this situation you aren't bricked, because preloader can use that IOS60, but the system menu doesn't.

Back to the main topic:
On the unhackable Wiis the cIOS can't be used(for now). Overwriting any IOS with a cIOS on such a system could cause everything that relies on that IOS completely unusable, maybe unrepairable. Doing so is just plain stupid in my eyes, and evil(if you know better) when you suggest it to people who don't know about the possible consequences.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With regards to the " unhackable wii's " LU64+, I can confirm that The SoftMii Team have a working fix for this and has been tested on a variety of wii's from different regions etc and everything is working correctly.

This fix will be available with the release of SoftMii 3.0 on Friday 24th.

Happy days are here again!
tongue.gif

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
and still i didn't say to replace the ios's with cios, i only said to reinstall 3.2 and old ios16 with trucha bug inside(the one on the pink disc) and then install cios 10 or whatever after installing preloader and stuff... i didn't said people should replace all the ios's with cios's... but we'll see what happens with the fix from softmii...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FGOD said:
and still i didn't say to replace the ios's with cios, i only said to reinstall 3.2 and old ios16 with trucha bug inside(the one on the pink disc) and then install cios 10 or whatever after installing preloader and stuff... i didn't said people should replace all the ios's with cios's... but we'll see what happens with the fix from softmii...

I'm sorry i got you wrong. But you could have told that you mean the 3.2 IOS and not just naming them "signing bug ios". You could patch the latest IOS to reenable trucha and call these IOS "signing bug ios", which would be very dangerous IOS for these Wiis as long as no real information is out what's going on on them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass