Gaming Possible DSi Hacking Theory (Like Sudokuhax)

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1 small problem: the DSi has at least 4 modes.
launcher(the menu itself)
DS mode(when you play old games)
DSiware mode(games from the DSiware shop)
DSi-cartridge mode(DSi exclusive/DSi enhanced games)

out of those DSiware mode and launcher mode are the only ones with access to the SDcard.
launcher mode is the only one with access to both the cartridge and the sdcard, but it's also the hardest to hack since all software running in launcher mode is built into the firmware.

what you're suggesting requires the DSi to be in DS-cartridge mode which automatically disables access to the sdcard.
that leaves no place to retrieve a boot.nds from(unless you happen to find a DSi cartridge with several MB of save storage)

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
x_r3ap3r_x said:
So pretty much the only way to do it is DSiWare like Sudokuhax. What about Pokemon Black/White? It has at least 1MB of save data to insert a loader or still no?
I'm just bring up this theory as everyone is getting so keen on the 3DS being hacked that no one has really hacked the DSi (Team Twiizers excempt)
that would still be too little for anything useful.
you'd probably be able to use 512KB for homebrew at best(can't have the game detect it as corrupt)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
x_r3ap3r_x said:
WinterMute also posted a DSi Hack. Link
And Dave Murphy also made some progress. Link

WinterMute = Dave Murphy. Just thought that should be mentioned
tongue.gif

As far as DSi hacking goes, it is interesting, but doesn't give that much a boost in specs for the masses. The problem with running a DSi enhanced game with a save game exploit is a bit useless AFAIK. Is there any room for programs per se? As for making a loader from a DSi cart, it could be quite hard since the DSi goes into a certain mode (DS/DSi mode) when the game is launched. Sudokuhax on the other hand is a DSiWare title which has access to the SD card and can thus have a game loading from the SD..

My 5 cents..

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty I don't have a ROG ally
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't have one either
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AcuteBulbasaurappears, A cute bulbasaur appears. :D
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The Wii U gamepads are tied to the console's region, so its impossible to find a cheap gamepad that supports your model.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Unless you modify your system, of course, and remove the region check.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, im now by episode 8 of lain
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty can we discuss chrono trigger
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I like how the game had the middle ages 1000AD, the dark ages 600AD.It was great seeing the post robot apocalypse 2300 like Terminator and enter the matrix. some of mad max and fallout. 2300ad though it could had used more elements instead of just a generic ai uprising. It was a great idea for their judgement day to be 1999 Y2K.

-great additions if they would have made an expansion or dlc in my opinion would be finding out humans trapped in a matrix -

a follower having a cyborg character living tissue over metal endoskelleton like terminator, and the synths from fallout
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    4After Zeal fell it would have been good to see more ancient eras. Perhaps Sumeria based in one area, then Egypt based in another area, Greek based in another area, then roman based in another area before the middle ages.---------

----between 1000ad and 1999 is a big gap they should have had the age of revolution like the american and French Revolution

then the cowboyy era in one area of map and the Industrial revolution/age of enlightmentthen a ww1 and ww2 and a cold war era
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could have added 75,000 bc like assassins creed. zeal was already establish in 12, 000 bc , soething before the kindom rose
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty they could also add age of dscover, colonialism ect
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    renaissance
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty what did you think
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I think glenn (the frog) after becomming human had an affair with the queen
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so he is the great great great great grandfather of marle @Xdqwerty
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they made it like Lancelot from king arthur legends
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    just found out i'm now taller than my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, sorry i was busy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty thats completely fine
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: