.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
one of my friends sent me a patcher that apparently fixed the PoR rom from freezing, I patched the rom, I've been playing for an hour or so and it hasn't frozen once.

you can download the patcher here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/i47mf9

btw, anyone know how this works?
a while ago I was reading about how some games on PS3 will actually be on the disc twice because they have so much spare room and it will help with loading times, I figure there are some lines of code or something the rom takes a little bit too long to locate and exercise, and they just needed to be doubled or put in a better location..
but I have no idea when it comes to this stuff
tongue.gif

anywho enjoy, and report back here if the rom still freezes

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still freezes on my A-DATA 1 gb, which is still a speed issue I guess. As far as I can tell, the patch removes some of the ambient sounds.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably the sound patch again. Some people can't bear having no full sound (castlevania always had a good audio library). I took the plunge and just ordered the fucking game so I could enjoy some normal 2GB cards.

EDIT: This idea is good for people who want to play the game just once. I plan to resell it later, and by the time I finish it (I take a long time to finish games >_>), some company would have released a flashcard/fix to the game

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Froze on me two screens to the right of the very beginning of the game. Doesn't appear to work any better than the clean rom itself.

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't know why, but I has frozen on mine a few times.

And yes, I got a Japanese Kingston. And it's legit too, checked on the website.

flanker22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having data on a disc twice doesnt decrease loading time but it is helpful for data missing(say a scratch on the disc). since there is a backup of the data. however since they're on separate tracks it may actually increase loading time if it needs to read from the backup data.

i havent heard of this but it ispossible that they would do that.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
a while ago I was reading about how some games on PS3 will actually be on the disc twice because they have so much spare room and it will help with loading times, I figure there are some lines of code or something the rom takes a little bit too long to locate and exercise, and they just needed to be doubled or put in a better location..
but I have no idea when it comes to this stuff
tongue.gif

Some people on the M3 forums created a very primitive way to run Castlevania without crashing. It also involves having two of same saves and rom files. It didn't work for most people, but some reported success.

decept

Trophies
Website
www.decept.net
XP
Country
United States
Downloading now. Don't have my hopes high, since I too have an A-Data 1gb.

I'll report later.

Tried it and play the game for about half an hour and it hasn't frozen. Before it would freeze after talking to that ghost guy, however I was able to get past that part with this fix. I still haven't tested it with the Warp portals, but I'll have more time today to try that.

So far so good.

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
having data on a disc twice doesnt decrease loading time but it is helpful for data missing(say a scratch on the disc). since there is a backup of the data. however since they're on separate tracks it may actually increase loading time if it needs to read from the backup data.

i havent heard of this but it ispossible that they would do that.

Having data on the disc twice will theoretically decrease loading times assuming the head/laser will not have to move as far, offering a lower seek time. For example, if I'm reading data on the outer tracks of the first set, and I need to access something on the inner tracks, it is much quicker just to shift to the 2nd data set as it is right next to the outer tracks of the first set. Of course, this is dependent on having a seek algorithm which handles this type of access well.

That being said, when it comes to flash memory, it makes no difference because access times are uniform.

decept

Trophies
Website
www.decept.net
XP
Country
United States
Still hasn't crashed on me after applying this fix. The only downside I can see is that I can't use Cheat Codes as the R4 interface doesn't have the option. I'm assuming it modifies any identification number that shows its Castlevania.

Not sure.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Still hasn't crashed on me after applying this fix. The only downside I can see is that I can't use Cheat Codes as the R4 interface doesn't have the option. I'm assuming it modifies any identification number that shows its Castlevania.

Not sure.
You can still figure out the Game ID and then copy the original in the Cheat Database, and then modify just the Game ID and it works.
smile.gif
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4