ROM Hack Porting to NDS

ninja_07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hi, i'm not sure if this is the correct place to make such a topic, or if this has been asked many times before, so sorry in advance.

Now, firstly I've been told it's possible but time consuming, to port GBA games to NDS games, but only work on one screen, which sounds a good idea, I only really want to do it to a few favourites, but does anyone know how to do so? I've been told it's sort of like the old Twilight Princess E3 demo..

Secondly, how exactly do you go about hacking codes for .nds? Could anybody make a nice tutorial?

Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not too sure you can do this but also why would you? The DS can already play GBA games so why would you ever think about porting one?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can port any game to a console with better processing power.
but without the source, it's so much work it's not worth it.
you're better off buying an EZ-flash 3 in 1 for €13 ($18 i think) and using GBA exploader to load them on your DS.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the way the DS is I am pretty sure that if you wanted to do it through slot-1 you would have to emulate it which couldn't be done with the DS usually to emulate a console/handheld you need not only better processing power but quite a bit better.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
With access to full source code, porting GBA to DS is relatively easy. They're far more similar than people realize.

Any GBA game that doesn't use GBA-specific hardware like the link port, or components too large to fit into Nintendo's required DS cart physical size, can be ported directly to DS. All graphics, sounds, and, mechanics, virtually indistinguishable to an untrained person.

ninja_07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Exactly how hard is it to port it without the source code, I'm only looking to do a few games at most.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.