Hacking Portapack Unplugged!

AetherMaster

Aether
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is not updated frequently. Please visit http://portapackunplugged.googlecode.com/

So what is this program?
Back on old WADder, I created Portapack to stop the noobs from complaining and to make the apps more user friendly and take up less space. Eventually, it got buggy. Very buggy. So, I abandoned the project. Now that WADder has shut down and we're continuing it on our own, I'm going to be remaking the Portapack. Everything will be different, even the method I use to make it portable. I've rebuilt the Portapack from the ground up. That means brand new code, new GUI images, new music, faster load times, far less bugs, and much less complicated for the noobs.

What's the difference between this and the old Portapack?
Old Portapack didn't support 64-bit computers and used a packaging that made it extremely slow. This packaging also made the file size rather large.

Portapack Unplugged! has a new packaging method (alongside brand new coding) which will allow it to 100% support 64-bit systems with a relatively low file size.

Are there any dependencies?

Yes. In order for the packaged apps to work, you'll need to have the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher installed on the computer that you're running Portapack Unplugged! from.

Known Bugs
  • Any bug that is present in a packaged app will also be pressent in the Portapack Unplugged! version of the app.
Where can I download it?

The binary for Portapack Unplugged!, along with its source code can be downloaded from its Google Code site:
http://code.google.com/p/portapackunplugged/downloads/list

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Grabbing the newest Portapack on WADder always meant being up-to-date on the latest Wadder and MyMenu releases, I'm glad you've maintained support for this despite Wadder going into recess. Thanks Aether.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Awesome indeed! Thank you very much.

I do have one question though.

I've only used Mymenu before, with ThemeMii how do i create .csm theme from a theme that comes with more than 1 .mym file?

Any help much appreciated.

MangoScango

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see that the Portapack didn't die after all
smile.gif

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:
I've only used Mymenu before, with ThemeMii how do i create .csm theme from a theme that comes with more than 1 .mym file?
I'm curious as well. ThemeMii is certainly much more powerful but far less intuitive than MyMenu ever was... I still use an old version of MyMenu and combine MYMs by applying each newly-created CSM as the base app for the next run.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
godagarah said:
u need to reupload "Portapak Unplugged! 1.6.exe" its corrupt.....
yaywii.gif

Confirmed, I tried it and its when the software start to load it gives a error that some install files might be corrupt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-