Hacking Question Pondering hacking current Switch when revision comes out. Few questions

alexg1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading about the Switch being unpatchable. Is that still the case? I want to be able to hack my current Switch, which I bought over a year ago, after I've transferred over all my information and games, digital games etc to my new Switch revision model, when lever that comes out, and then use my current Switch for homebrew. Is that something that can be done?

My Switch is currently on the most up to date firmwatr.

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I remember reading about the Switch being unpatchable. Is that still the case?
Yes and no. Current switches are also unpatchable, but also not exploitable. Your 1 year old switch will however be exploitable forever.
alexg1989 said:
I want to be able to hack my current Switch, which I bought over a year ago, after I've transferred over all my information and games, digital games etc to my new Switch revision model, when lever that comes out, and then use my current Switch for homebrew. Is that something that can be done?
Yes. The only possibility would be that the whole switch scene would be shut down and nobody would update the cfw to the firmware update released then. That, however, is extremely unlikely.

However, you will likely not be able to hack the new switch revision.

Hajiroku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I think OP is asking about installing homebrew on his (old original run) switch after he transfers data to the (2019) new switch when it drops. If that's the case I don't see why not. You probably won't be able to hack the new one but the old one is definitely hackable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc