Question Pondering hacking current Switch when revision comes out. Few questions

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by alexg1989, Oct 24, 2018.

1. alexg1989
    OP

alexg1989 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    I remember reading about the Switch being unpatchable. Is that still the case? I want to be able to hack my current Switch, which I bought over a year ago, after I've transferred over all my information and games, digital games etc to my new Switch revision model, when lever that comes out, and then use my current Switch for homebrew. Is that something that can be done?

My Switch is currently on the most up to date firmwatr.

2. grepoman

grepoman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    United States
    I would put all my faith in team excuter, they will hack every switch model. They always deliver.

Erol and Agusto101 like this.
  3. pworld

pworld GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2018
    Austria
    Yes and no. Current switches are also unpatchable, but also not exploitable. Your 1 year old switch will however be exploitable forever.
    Yes. The only possibility would be that the whole switch scene would be shut down and nobody would update the cfw to the firmware update released then. That, however, is extremely unlikely.

However, you will likely not be able to hack the new switch revision.

4. Hajiroku

Hajiroku Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    Japan
    I think OP is asking about installing homebrew on his (old original run) switch after he transfers data to the (2019) new switch when it drops. If that's the case I don't see why not. You probably won't be able to hack the new one but the old one is definitely hackable.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted