Poll: Who Should be Game Translation Project Lead?

Game translation projects work best if ____ is the project lead.

• The Lead Programmer

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • The Lead Translator

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (post your answer below)

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

flame1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just check my signature. I don't want to color things too much but:
Brandish: Was TL (not lead) and later, the lead. Fairly successful.
Nayuta: Was project hero, and also project leader. Did most of the work, including programming and translation. Very successful. Probably 1,000+ fans have enjoyed the patched version by now.
ZZT3 (Zettai Zetsumei 3): Not successful yet. Was lead TL. The project lead is [user]TwistedZeon[/user], who's not the programmer or translator.
Zero no Kiseki: I am the main programmer. The project lead is [user]zero_g_monkey[/user], he is graphic artist and editor. I feel like it's going pretty slow, but not doing too bad.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think who started the project IF he want to least, at least, wen I get at an translation project, I see who started it as the leader, but is something that really need to be discussed and agree by all the menbers

Reactions: flame1234

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
what the fuck is this shit? why is this in tutorials and FAQs? why did you make a post explaining who does what when the poll doesn't reflect that at all?

edit: you know who should lead? whoever has the best people skills. whether its the main programmer, the main translator, or just a chipmunk that happens to be in the vicinity. whoever can keep the group together the best should lead. what they work on doesn't matter.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think that the position should determine who's the leader. In general a leader has the ability to supervise the whole project on ALL levels, which means he has an insight on programming and on the translation and everything else connected to it. The starter of the project seems to me (given that he posseses any leader qualities) to be qualified to be the leader, but these things can change, if you realize that there might be someone in the team who might do the job actually better. In the end: Who cares?
With Redigitize this started out as my project, so initially I was the project leader, but when Sporky joined, he became Co.Leader since he can soothe the crowd way better than I can.

But for all it's worth, does it really matter who leads the whole thing as long as the person actually DOES lead the thing and it gets done?

Reactions: Shinon

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I never got involved in any minor or major translation project so I don't really have the right to choose on who should take the helm on any major project, but in my own opinion, I don't really care on who should lead as long as they finish the current project and stay on track, and not focus too much on the scene drama.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o