Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be easy money, but knowing Nintendo, it won't happen.

Juuz. Just because a few people on a forum happen to like the idea, and that group includes you, does not indicate it's financially viable, let alone "easy money"

This board is just a small sample of users, but it appears that the idea is popular elsewhere as well. Hell, at the local used stores, copies of any pokemon game go quick, and I hear a lot of people asking if Nintendo would ever release the games digitally.

It would be a good seller in the eShop. Most things pokemon are.

The only problem I see with porting the code over is the trading mechanic in the game. It would need to be worked on to use either local multiplayer or wi-fi, with local multiplayer probably the easier of the two (closer to the original in execution, since the 3DS has no need for a link cable). Nintendo would likely want to keep the ability to trade, and that may be what's stalling it.

Though, if I remember correctly, and I likely don't......while emulating the GBA versions on a PSP it was possible to trade pokemon with another PSP emulating a GBA pokemon game. I don't remember since I never really bothered.

Reactions: 1 person

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Juuz. Just because a few people on a forum happen to like the idea, and that group includes you, does not indicate it's financially viable, let alone "easy money"

Pokémon releases sells better than coke in christmas.
Pokémon series are the best-seller at handlehelds.
Even if Nintendo releases "Cooking with Pokémon" it would have good sales.
Any pokémon released on e-shop would have massive sales.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted-236924

i could care less about 3D, as long as they release the originals, with online simulation of the game link cable added. and as long as they dont mess around with the glitches (which made those games awesome!)

I would assume a game has problems if the reason people like it was the glitches in it.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume a game has problems if the reason people like it was the glitches in it.
Over the years, I've honestly grown sick of Pokemon, but I still love to play G1 games for all the glitches (and of course the nostalgia factor)
Top 3 glitches.
1. Mew Glitch
2. Missing no. Glitch
3. Dual type pokemon glitch.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Top 3 glitches.
1. Mew Glitch
2. Missing no. Glitch
3. Dual type pokemon glitch.
Don't forget about Glitch City! Or the fact that Missingno. is actually only one of literally close to a dozen glitch pokemon available in G1. Never heard of the dual-type pokemon glitch, though.

Also, don't forget the "clone pokemon" trading glitch.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, as much as i loved them. I feel like going back to play them would just be pure nostalgia at first, then just boring.

I just cant see myself going back to play any game before Diamond/Pearl unless they either somehow added Online or something, or some ability to possibly transfer the Pokemon to the newer games.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
added Online
That would be the dealmaker for me. The biggest problem I had as a kid was that, except for my cousin, not many of my friends had gameboys and Pokemon, so I didn't really have much of a way to trade to get all the pokemon (and playing through both my red and blue copy just to get all of them was boring!)

Reactions: 1 person

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't certain NES VC titles have local wireless enabled?

No VC title has local wireless support,
but rumours say Nintendo wants to implement download play for VC to enable multiplayer.

I think it would be awesome to play Kirby Amazing Mirror up to 4 players,
or F-Zero, or Mario Kart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: That boi burning up, gonna melt those snowflakes.