• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one's talking about the new Covid-19 revelations that just came out from the CDC director and such, like how even with the shot you can still spread it, cloth masks don't work, but M-95's do, or how it was revealed that many Covid hospitilizations and deaths weren't caused by covid but by other underlying conditions most people had. I mean, all this great shocking new info never before revealed within the past two years!

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You mean people aren't lining up to admit how douchey they've been in pushing propaganda? I'm shocked.

They will still encourage everyone else to make the same mistakes that they did.

"The vaccine saved my life". Lol no.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one's talking about the new Covid-19 revelations that just came out from the CDC director and such, like how even with the shot you can still spread it, cloth masks don't work, but M-95's do, or how it was revealed that many Covid hospitilizations and deaths weren't caused by covid but by other underlying conditions most people had. I mean, all this great shocking new info never before revealed within the past two years!
It was "never before revealed" because it's new information that only pertains to the new variants like omicron. Before delta, vaccinated people who suffered breakthrough infections were significantly less likely to spread the disease. Before omicron, cloth face masks were reasonably effective. Before the vaccine and before the mass testing that precipitated omicron, nearly all COVID-19 hospitalization numbers were hospitalizations directly due to COVID-19 (I haven't read anything that suggests the COVID-19 death numbers are anything other than deaths as a direct result of COVID-19).

Here are the facts: COVID-19 today is killing approximately 2,000 Americans each day, and the vast majority of them are unvaccinated. In addition to keeping people out of the hospital and keeping people from dying, the vaccine is also the best way to keep oneself from catching the disease and spreading it, despite it not being 100% effective.

You mean people aren't lining up to admit how douchey they've been in pushing propaganda? I'm shocked.

They will still encourage everyone else to make the same mistakes that they did.

The only propaganda that's being pushed here is from the COVID-deniers and anti-vaxxers. The vaccines have prevented an estimated 1.1 million deaths and 10.3 million hospitalizations in the United States alone.

I don't expect history to be kind to the anti-science, anti-vax COVID-deniers who sit idly by literally drinking their own piss, spreading disease, and creating variants while they fill up hospitals and make it harder for everyone else to receive medical care.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
"New Feed"....😜

image.png

Reactions: AlexMCS

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

The fact that the unvaccinated are dying and those who have been vaccinated are living is an undeniable fact. There still has been no evidence provided by anti-vaxxors

Last edited by The Catboy,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia

I know it makes you feel edgy going against the system but it's just cringe

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Here in Quebec, only 5% of the population is like you, another 5% is out of the society (doesn't pay taxes like homeless people)
Except that, over 90% of quebecois are vaccinated :)
Legault, our prime minister, wants to add a tax to unvaccinated people of a significant amount (like 5000$)
Don't come near the province of Quebec, our prime minister and the minister of health and care are just like Maccron, they want to piss unvaccinated people off

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The only propaganda that's being pushed here is from the COVID-deniers and anti-vaxxers. The vaccines have prevented an estimated 1.1 million deaths and 10.3 million hospitalizations in the United States alone.

I don't expect history to be kind to the anti-science, anti-vax COVID-deniers who sit idly by literally drinking their own piss, spreading disease, and creating variants while they fill up hospitals and make it harder for everyone else to receive medical care.
This is hilarious. People who have the dedication of drinking their own piss are simultaneously rushing to the hospitals and filling them up. Lacius propaganda is the best propaganda.

Variants are more likely caused by strains surviving resistant hosts. If a new strain does emerge that is less dangerous and starves out the more dangerous strains... then is that a public service? Whatever you call it, I'm pretty sure Pfizer and crowd would be threatened by it.

Politely eat my ass

If your mental exercises are an indication, you are flexible enough to do that yourself.

I know it makes you feel edgy going against the system but it's just cringe

Ha? What system am I going against? The system of gbatemp scientists, statisticians, and doctors?

CDC isn't "the system". People pushing their propaganda aren't representing anyone I know. And if someone isn't already aware of how screwed up their countries' political arenas are, then I don't have the patience.

Just remember, there are only two sides on any given subject.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is hilarious. People who have the dedication of drinking their own piss are simultaneously rushing to the hospitals and filling them up. Lacius propaganda is the best propaganda.

Variants are more likely caused by strains surviving resistant hosts. If a new strain does emerge that is less dangerous and starves out the more dangerous strains... then is that a public service? Whatever you call it, I'm pretty sure Pfizer and crowd would be threatened by it.

If your mental exercises are an indication, you are flexible enough to do that yourself.

Ha? What system am I going against? The system of gbatemp scientists, statisticians, and doctors?

CDC isn't "the system". People pushing their propaganda aren't representing anyone I know. And if someone isn't already aware of how screwed up their countries' political arenas are, then I don't have the patience.

So you're saying that over 90% of quebecois are just sheep?
90% of quebecois are on the wrong side?
Quebec is among the nations with the most vaccinated people in them (if not THE nation with the most vaccinated people) and we are proud of it :)

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So you're saying that over 90% of quebecois are just sheep?
90% of quebecois are on the wrong side?
Quebec is among the nations with the most vaccinated people in them (if not THE nation with the most vaccinated people) and we are proud of it :)

I was hoping that you understood that it was sarcasm when I said, "Just remember, there are only two sides on any given subject." I'm not knocking Quebec and I have not a lot of interest in it. If you feel united by the vaccine and its boosters, then you might not have a lot of reason to leave Quebec.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get a little more on topic, I thought in December I had COVID-19 again. My symptoms were extremely mild, but I figured it was because omicron was milder and/or because I was triple vaccinated. The test ended up coming back negative, so it was probably just the flu (which was going around at my workplace).

This is hilarious. People who have the dedication of drinking their own piss are simultaneously rushing to the hospitals. Lacius propaganda is the best propaganda.
The fact remains that drinking one's own urine is the anti-vaxxers' new hydroxychloroquine, horse-dewormer, or borax bath. It also remains that the selfish anti-vaxxers make up the vast majority of those who are overwhelming hospitals and dying at a rate of approximately 1,000 Americans a day.

It's the anti-vax nonsense that's false, biased, misleading, and political, which makes it hilarious that you're sincerely calling my posts "propaganda."

Variants are more likely to arise when rates of infection are high. Every notable variant arose in an area of significantly low vaccination.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would call the delta variant a "public service." That would either be incredibly evil or incredibly stupid.

No, just science in general. And maybe basic human decency.

Reactions: KingVamp

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Being antivax is the new Goth, if you quietly had your own opinions then sure, that's on you to risk your health but when you have to let everyone know how different and defiant you are everyone just shakes their head at you

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To get a little more on topic, I thought in December I had COVID-19 again. My symptoms were extremely mild, but I figured it was because omicron was milder and/or because I was triple vaccinated. The test ended up coming back negative, so it was probably just the flu (which was going around at my workplace).

The fact remains that drinking one's own urine is the anti-vaxxers' new hydroxychloroquine, horse-dewormer, or borax bath. It also remains that the selfish anti-vaxxers make up the vast majority of those who are overwhelming hospitals and dying at a rate of approximately 1,000 Americans a day.

It's the anti-vax nonsense that's false, biased, misleading, and political, which makes it hilarious that you're sincerely calling my posts "propaganda."

Variants are more likely to arise when rates of infection are high. Every notable variant arose in an area of significantly low vaccination.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would call the delta variant a "public service." That would either be incredibly evil or incredibly stupid.

Can I just wait and buy your book, "Musings of a Hypochondriac"? Your posts are not representative of science, or as you refer to it, "the system." You use science as a spice to flavor your ego trip. But we both know it's used just to mask the taste.

Being antivax is the new Goth

OK.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I think the only way to create a variant is that a person with a high protection transmit the virus to someone with low protection
(AKA a vaccinated person transmit it to a unvaccinated one) Am I right?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I just wait and buy your book, "Musings of a Hypochondriac"? Your posts are not representative of science, or as you refer to it, "the system." You use science as a spice to flavor your ego trip. But we both know it's used just to mask the taste.

OK.
What he says is actual science, I think YOU should provide proof of what you say because everyone here seem to be against what you say.
If what you say is the truth, then please... oh please... provide sources... and please... oh please... be these sources trustable

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What he says is actual science, I think YOU should provide proof of what you say because everyone here seem to be against what you say.

First. Things that people say are not science. Second, I have not said anything controversial.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First. Things that people say are not science. Second, I have not said anything controversial.
I stop you right there. don't say anything else...
Provide link, thats all I ask, dont say anything else
just a link, thats all... ok?
If you say anything else other than providing a link, I'll leave knowing that you're just a troll

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being antivax is the new Goth, if you quietly had your own opinions then sure, that's on you to risk your health but when you have to let everyone know how different and defiant you are everyone just shakes their head at you
The difference is, as far as I'm aware, goths don't selfishly overwhelm hospitals at the expense of everyone else who needs medical care.

Can I just wait and buy your book, "Musings of a Hypochondriac"?
I haven't said anything that would suggest I'm a "hypochondriac," so I suggest you brush up on the term. I don't irrationally believe I'm sick with something I'm not sick with, and I'm not even afraid of getting COVID-19 again if/when that happens. I'm honestly much more concerned that I, or someone else in my life, will need medical service for something that isn't COVID-19 but being unable to receive care in a timely fashion.

Your posts are not representative of science, or as you refer to it, "the system." You use science as a spice to flavor your ego trip. But we both know it's used just to mask the taste.
I haven't said anything that isn't backed up by the preponderance of scientific evidence.

Vaccines are safe and effective, and the anti-vaxxers are the reason we're seeing hospitals overwhelmed. These are facts.

I think the only way to create a variant is that a person with a high protection transmit the virus to someone with low protection
(AKA a vaccinated person transmit it to a unvaccinated one) Am I right?
No. The more the virus is allowed to spread, the more likely variants will pop up. In the case of omicron, for example, it likely came about from someone having COVID-19 at the same time as having a common cold (caused by another coronavirus). The viruses exchanged genetic information, and you can figure out the rest. This is likely why omicron is more infectious but less severe. The best way to reduce the odds of a new variant is to lessen the spread of disease by having as many people vaccinated as possible.

You've repeatedly peddled anti-vax bullshit. It wasn't more than a few posts ago that you suggested the COVID-19 vaccine isn't saving lives.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I opted to remove parts of my own post to pick my own battles. The fact that you mock people who survived Covid as a result of being vaccinated while pretending to know anything about science and expecting respect is an insult. I survived Covid as a result of being vaccinated and the unvaccinated are dying in droves. These are facts and no amount of your ego will change that.
Please don’t insult goths.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. The more the virus is allowed to spread, the more likely variants will pop up. In the case of omicron, for example, it likely came about from someone having COVID-19 at the same time as having a common cold (caused by another coronavirus). The viruses exchanged genetic information, and you can figure out the rest. This is likely why omicron is more infectious but less severe. The best way to reduce the odds of a new variant is to lessen the spread of disease by having as many people vaccinated as possible.
thanks for the clarification :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.