• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Covid-19 is a disease that arrived to stay.
People often thinks that it's "just a flu", and that made me wonder if any of you guys has had it before.

I've had it.

Today I read that there's 4 new variations of the virus throughout the world. And that's not surprising as stational flu evolves every year or so, which is why every year you should get vaccinated against.

Covid-19 will be the exact same as the flu.
I mean, I'm not an expert... but regardless of how much we take care of ourselves, we will get it eventually at some point of our lives.
And then, you'll be able to say: "It's just another flu"

So, out of curiosity, I'd like to know:
Have you had Covid-19 before?

Last edited by JuanMena,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes,back in 2013...

- over 40° Fever for 2 - 3 Days
- very difficulty breathing combined with
- dry Cough (so hard that me Head is hurting from that and I almost lost consciousness a few times...)
- Loss of smell and taste
- yes of course I was tired,after that 3 Days....:rolleyes:
...slept another 3 Days without getting really awake,only to change clothes and go pee..

And..oh god..no Testing......no Vaccination....no Doctor...
...only cold compresses,Cloves and Violet Oil for Pain relief...and the Will to get well...

Lost a lot of Weight because of sweating like a Pig...

But back then it wasn't made of a total idiot show...

But wait,no that was no Covid.....

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I clicked YES by mistake because I thought Yes on the top and No on the bottom as usually but you used NO on the top. Jeez.

Test twice and negative because one of them was just hearing test.

Then I had an ear infection and went there and they had to test me. Negative.

No. I am in good healthy with no issues but I am very strict about viruses. I washed my hands "ALL THE TIME" with alcohol and I always keep away from people. I dont go out very much because of COVID-19 so I rather not until its pass.

I also wear washable mask. I wash it in the laundry once a week and every three days I spray it with both sides with an alcohol and hang it dry for next day to wear it.

When I come home. I always wash with soap. I never skip it and never missed. Hands are always germ. WASH NO MATTER WHAT!! Since March 2020 until now. Super clean and super caution and you will be fine. No problem.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You should add an option for never been tested as I expect that's what most people would be unless they just guess based on symptoms.
Added option.

I clicked YES by mistake because I thought Yes on the top and No on the bottom as usually but you used NO on the top. Jeez.

Test twice and negative because one of them was just hearing test.

Then I had an ear infection and went there and they had to test me. Negative.

No. I am in good healthy with no issues but I am very strict about viruses. I washed my hands "ALL THE TIME" with alcohol and I always keep away from people. I dont go out very much because of COVID-19 so I rather not until its pass.

I also wear washable mask. I wash it in the laundry once a week and every three days I spray it with both sides with an alcohol and hang it dry for next day to wear it.

When I come home. I always wash with soap. I never skip it and never missed. Hands are always germ. WASH NO MATTER WHAT!! Since March 2020 until now. Super clean and super caution and you will be fine. No problem.
For me it wasn't necessary to get outside my home.
Actually my father whom works outside everyday infected me and my family. It just takes one member to infect a whole family.
That's why, based on my experience, it didn't mattered if I washed my hands, if I used masks, if I didn't went outside because I got sick in the supposed safest place for me: My Home

Would you like to cahnge your vote?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I haven't had it yet, and hope to stay that way. My neighbor from accross the street passed away from it two or three weeks back (we didn't know him...but we got a memorial card nonetheless), and I've blogged about other people in my close environment.

No, I haven't been tested (yet). But I'm working from home about 90% of the time and barely see anyone outside my family. And my girlfriend tested negative for both covid and the antibodies (1) around the end of 2020. I'd say that's a fair indication (well...together with "no symptoms at all", obviously).

While I don't like to admit it, I don't think covid's going to be completely wiped out (at least not in the short run). The best we can hope for is push it back as much as possible and it mutating to the point where it's not as severe as it currently is (which is the way most virusses mutate, apparently).

(1): meaning: she never previously had it either. I'm not sure if that's an indication for all the tests being made

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Added option
Thanks. The reason I suggested that is because I know at least 30 people who work in a hospital who were absolutely sure they had it (based on symptoms) and when they got tested only 1 of them actually had it. I also remember a period last year where I lost my sense of taste randomly for a few days but I doubt I had it either. I think too many people assume they had it because they remember being sick or whatever and therefore aren't as careful as they should be. It's so easy to fix this of course they just have to make it easier to get tested but I guess that was never the plan.

Reactions: Alexander1970

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've always considered "the flu" being the annual event of the body detoxifying itself. I've only had a few times where it was too difficult for me to get out of bed.

I imagine I will get "covid" some day. Maybe in a couple of years.

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks. The reason I suggested that is because I know at least 30 people who work in a hospital who were absolutely sure they had it (based on symptoms) and when they got tested only 1 of them actually had it. I also remember a period last year where I lost my sense of taste randomly for a few days but I doubt I had it either. I think too many people assume they had it because they remember being sick or whatever and therefore aren't as careful as they should be. It's so easy to fix this of course they just have to make it easier to get tested but I guess that was never the plan.

My mom's sister... that is, my aunt and cousins have Covid-19.
They tested positive a little after my family and I got sick.

Aunt and cousins has the same symptoms my family and I had.
Strangely enough we tested negative.

Have in mind though, we only got tested in late December and not while we were suffering the symptoms. While we had them I requested for tests which never arrived. And we went for tests after we felt good enough to get out of bed.

Reactions: Xzi

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My mom's sister... that is, my aunt and cousins have Covid-19.
They tested positive a little after my family and I got sick.

Aunt and cousins has the same symptoms my family and I had.
Strangely enough we tested negative.

Have in mind though, we only got tested in late December and not while we were suffering the symptoms. While we had them I requested for tests which never arrived. And we went for tests after we felt good enough to get out of bed.
Yes, this puzzles me too as I heard so many things about the accuracy of testing. Apparently, false positive is more common than false negative.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given my line of work I would be very surprised if I haven't had it. I did feel quite ropey with some relating symptoms not long after it all initially kicked off but testing wasn't available then. Might have been COVID but no way to tell now.

Now I am tested twice weekly and so far all negative.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added option.

For me it wasn't necessary to get outside my home.
Actually my father whom works outside everyday infected me and my family. It just takes one member to infect a whole family.
That's why, based on my experience, it didn't mattered if I washed my hands, if I used masks, if I didn't went outside because I got sick in the supposed safest place for me: My Home

Would you like to cahnge your vote?

That's true. That's why I dont allowed my friends and relative visited at all. Only through video web and talking from the distance for a briefly. Its stressful but better than sorry..

And glad that you are well and healthy again. Smile.

Yes, please change it to No ? And thanks!

Reactions: JuanMena

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My family and I suspect I had it about this time last year. I was knocked into my bed, was sick for certain, could barely garner an appetite, etc. It got pretty severe and we did find 1-2 similar symptoms for certain, and this hit me for like 2 weeks straight. In the hind end, my throat was a complete hellscape where I couldn't drink ANYTHING without breaking into absolute pain, and let's not speak eating. I would struggle to even breathe without it being pain.

Was it actually Covid? I don't know, but that was no Flu, and it had quite a few similarities.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My family and I suspect I had it about this time last year. I was knocked into my bed, was sick for certain, could barely garner an appetite, etc. It got pretty severe and we did find 1-2 similar symptoms for certain, and this hit me for like 2 weeks straight. In the hind end, my throat was a complete hellscape where I couldn't drink ANYTHING without breaking into absolute pain, and let's not speak eating. I would struggle to even breathe without it being pain.

Was it actually Covid? I don't know, but that was no Flu, and it had quite a few similarities.

yes! I experienced the same but I could breath without pain, although I couldn't breathe entirely fine.
It felt as if you tried to do a deep breath but can't, as if something stopped you midways.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is there a option for "one of my family members had it and while we didn't have any symptoms we had to quarantine ourselves for a couple days just in case"? because that was my experience
No. I mean... there's a "don't know" option.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
I've always considered "the flu" being the annual event of the body detoxifying itself. I've only had a few times where it was too difficult for me to get out of bed.

I imagine I will get "covid" some day. Maybe in a couple of years.

Thats an interesting way to put it.
Aside from older people getting 'detoxified' to death if their immune response is not up to the job.
I agree on the also 'part'.
Respiratory distribution:
Very bad chances of containment.

And we haven't even talked about the air we breath every day killing us.
Wonderful world :-D

--------

I'm just here to remind you that
"COVID lung damage > Smoker lung damage"

57O44WAPFJCMXL3UXFRMO2SD44.jpg

https://www.wbtv.com/2021/01/16/post-covid-lungs-worse-than-worst-smokers-lungs-surgeon-says/

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And we haven't even talked about the air we breath every day killing us.
About the air we breate... some years ago read that the air is so contaminated with heavy metals that it's what's causing humans to increase the risk of getting cancer. According to this study, 1/3 of the entire global population will get some kind of cancer at some point of their lives.
Don't mind this as it's off topic, and have in mind that I'm not willing to search for that particular article. Just look it up if anyone is interesting in learning more about it.

About this picture. Dad got his lungs checked, as he's the one who started to suffer from breathing problems. And ONE of his lungs started to look like the third picture (but just one) then we developed the lost of our smell and taste senses, besides more symptoms related to covid.
I do remember having some problems trying to breathe, but nothing particularly bad.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0F1Qjn0Ac