• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm aware the current hospitalization issue might not apply to everybody around the world, which is why I said you're either ignorant or privileged.

Right. People in other countries are privileged. Just say that you are envious and stop making it appear to be someone else's problem. That's lame. You said "all over the country", and I was interested in how true that hyperbolic statement was. Of course it needs to be clarified, because you are spouting propaganda.

I can't think of bigger losers than those who suffer, directly or indirectly, as a result of people selfishly and foolishly refusing to get vaccinated.

Surprise, more propaganda.

To say "it would be cured if it were profitable" is a conspiracy theory, by any definition I'm aware of,

Then you don't seem to be aware of what a conspiracy is. Economic incentive is not a conspiracy nor a theory.

Get back to me in two weeks, after the promise is delivered.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You are contradicting yourself. I really hope you find a solution to your situation that provides you with a *better life going forward. That being said, I am not doing you any favors by pretending that "knowing" and "not knowing" are a fluid preference that you can uptake whenever you want to decide to be right in a conversation.
At what point did I contradict myself? I didn’t say we didn’t know the issue, just that it’s not been diagnosed but things have narrowed down. We know it’s an immune disorder, we know it might be, and we know that it’s caused health complications that have put me in the hospital. Just because we don’t have the full diagnosis doesn’t mean that we don’t understand that there’s a problem.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
At what point did I contradict myself? I didn’t say we didn’t know the issue, just that it’s not been diagnosed and narrowed down. We know it’s an immune disorder, we know it might be, and we know that it’s caused health complications that have put me in the hospital. Just because we don’t have the full diagnosis doesn’t mean that we don’t understand that there’s a problem.

Stop trying to reinvent the konami code and get off it.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You brought my health into this, you brought my situation into this. This is once again your doing.

Lol. I am solely responsible for the creation of "Catboy", whatever the F that is. Sorry everyone.

Just yesterday I finally tested negative for Covid. I tested positive right on December 30th. Covid was hands down the worst experience I had in my life. I am also lucky to have gotten vaccinated because I definitely would have died from it. I am immunocompromised and Covid was bad enough with all the vaccinations.

I am mostly a vegetarian and only eat fish occasionally. I can’t eat red meat because I am allergic to it. I also rarely leave my home due to my immune disorder. Now my immune disorder definitely played into how bad Covid was for me.

I would have died if I wasn’t vaccinated. My immune system doesn’t handle things very well. I nearly died from the flu the one time I skipped a vaccination.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yep, just ignore the inconvenient facts and carry on being a contradictory mess. That's the MO of you noisy little lot, isn't it?

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

stanna

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's making me laugh is covid is spreading like wild fire through our town and it's all triple vaxed that are catching it 😂😂😂😂 so much for the vaccine 😃

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's making me laugh is covid is spreading like wild fire through our town and it's all triple vaxed that are catching it 😂😂😂😂 so much for the vaccine 😃
It's infecting my city like wild fire, and my city is like the highest vaxxed percentage inside my state.

I already caught Covid on Christmas, got over it, it wasn't that bad. I question if I should even bother getting vaxxed.

My entire family also caught Covid at the same time. My dad had it the worst, and he's the only one vaxxed/boosted out of us all.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, just ignore the inconvenient facts and carry on being a contradictory mess. That's the MO of you noisy little lot, isn't it?
The vaccine is safe, it's effective, and hospitals in the US are being overwhelmed by unvaccinated patients at the expense of others while the anti-vax crowd is now peddling drinking their own urine as yet another supposed "COVID cure." Americans are dying at a rate of approximately 2,000 people a day, and they're mostly unvaccinated.

I don't think we're the ones ignoring inconvenient facts.

A person who is triple vaxxed, although less likely than their unvaccinated counterparts to catch omicron, still have a significant chance of catching the disease. The good news is that a triple vaxxed person is likely to suffer milder symptoms than their unvaccinated counterparts, and they are significantly less likely to have to go to the hospital or die from it.

The genome of omicron is significantly different from preceding strains, which is why there have been so many breakthrough infections. The good news is the vaccine still offers a good amount of protection, particularly where it counts (i.e. not getting hospitalized or dying). An omicron-specific vaccine may be released around March, and the best way to reduce the odds of infection, the spread of the disease, the formation of new variants, hospitalization, or death is to get vaccinated. If one hasn't been vaccinated, now is the time to do it.

It's infecting my city like wild fire, and my city is like the highest vaxxed percentage inside my state.

I already caught Covid on Christmas, got over it, it wasn't that bad. I question if I should even bother getting vaxxed.

My entire family also caught Covid at the same time. My dad had it the worst, and he's the only one vaxxed/boosted out of us all.
Even if a city is highly vaccinated, that's only part of the story. If it has a high population density, for example, then it may have higher rates of infection than a rural area with a lower vaccination rate. These variables need to be kept in mind. It's easy to imagine how worse your city could have been if the vaccination rate weren't as high as it is.

I'm glad your symptoms weren't that bad, and that seems to be the case with a lot of people catching omicron, but getting vaccinated would have likely made your symptoms milder, and vaccination is the best way to avoid infection, hospitalization, and death. I don't know when you or your family members were infected, but it could be that some of your family members might not have been infected if some who weren't vaccinated had been vaccinated.

Worse symptoms, hospitalization, and death are still mostly happening in older folks and people with other underlying health conditions, so it isn't surprising that your father, someone who is probably significantly older than you, had it worse even though he was vaccinated. If he had it really bad and was vaccinated, then I would hate to imagine what it could have been like for him if he hadn't been vaccinated.

There are a lot of variables that affect how bad COVID-19 is for a person, so instead of focusing on anecdotes, it's important to look at the larger numbers. It's easy to look at your family situation and say "the vaccine does nothing" or "the vaccines makes things worse," but that isn't a very good sample size. The actual data is clear: The vaccines are safe, effective, and highly recommended.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is "The Catboy" necessary?
Considering I actually help this community and do more than spread nonsense, I would say that I am. I don’t think you would be missed if you stopped logging in

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering I actually help this community and do more than spread nonsense, I would say that I am. I don’t think you would be missed if you stopped logging in
I'd miss you if you left.

Before editing this post, I said I wouldn't miss @tabzer, but that wasn't fair. I'd miss him if he were gone, which is one of the many reason why I wish he would get vaccinated. :)

Last edited by Lacius,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't spread such conspiracy and lies now, just because you can still get the virus even if everyone's vaccinated, doesn't mean you shouldn't get 77 jabs now.
You picked an article from June, back when we were just starting to become more aware of new mutations. Vaccines aren’t as effective when a virus mutates and that’s why boosters are important. There are a lot of active efforts to make vaccines more effective as we deal with the still rapidly virus.
A lot of people have also been treating being vaccinated as a free pass to be reckless and this has lead to Covid still spreading amongst vaccinated people.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't spread such conspiracy and lies now, just because you can still get the virus even if everyone's vaccinated, doesn't mean you shouldn't get 77 jabs now.
  1. This wasn't an outbreak. Two passengers who roomed together tested positive, and as far as I'm aware, that's it. People are less likely to contract the disease if they're vaccinated, and since this was before delta, those suffering breakthrough infections were also less likely to spread the disease. Vaccines work, and it isn't difficult to imagine what an outbreak might have looked like if the vaccination rate had been lower.
  2. Both passengers who tested positive were asymptomatic, which may have been the case because they were vaccinated. As we know, a person is likely to experience milder symptoms if they're vaccinated.
  3. Nobody has seriously suggested getting 77 vaccine doses. More likely, the vaccine is going to become something we get once or twice a year, similar to the flu shot.
The vaccine is safe and effective, and it is highly recommended that you get it. The scientific data is clear, and we can see that the vast majority of the approximately 2,000 Americans dying everyday from COVID-19 are unvaccinated.

If you think history is going to be kind to those who use horse-dewormer, take borax baths, and drink their own urine instead of getting vaccinated, all at the expense of those who can't get timely access to medical care because the unvaccinated are overwhelming hospitals right now, then I have a bridge to sell you.

At this point, those who selfishly refuse to get vaccinated are pathetic, and even if they don't care about their own health, they lack basic human empathy.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted yes, but I have never been tested... I was working in ER's at a larger hospital in Florida since before it was here in the US. The reason I believe I had it was that quite literally I had so many people with confirmed cases cough directly in my face I honestly couldn't put a real number to it (in the hundreds easy) and those surgical masks only do so much. I did have a mild fever one day like 99F for like 4 hours then I felt fine. I suspect I was in the 50% that have almost no symptoms. Since then I have gotten all my shots so that's nice.

Still recommend people get the shots, even though I have little faith in them. Any help is better than nothing, wear masks social distance as much as possible and all that. Although at this point it looks like the CDC has given up on fighting this thing.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The triple vaxxed are living through covid because of the vaccine 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 fuck that makes laugh 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
The vaccines have prevented an estimated 1.1 million deaths and 10.3 million hospitalizations in the United States alone. The vast majority of the approximately 2,000 COVID-19 deaths in the United States are unvaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.