[Poll] Do You Think Gateway 3ds Will Require Cubic Ninja for the N3DS in the Future?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GhostLatte, Mar 27, 2015.

?

Your Opinion

Poll closed Mar 30, 2015.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Maybe

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. I don't care. Sky3ds is love. Sky3ds is life.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. GhostLatte
    OP

GhostLatte The Hypebeast Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    Supreme NY
    Choose wisely ;)

Margen67 likes this.
  2. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Well, currently Cubic Ninja and Zelda OoT are the ONLY PUBLIC entrypoints for a N3DS, and they will remain so until and unless someone/Gateway finds another exploit.

Although, the good news is one of the Karl3DS devs was able to install and use the MSET/DS profile exploit on a N3DS, which means there is a very big possibility that in the future you might need the Zelda OoT or Cubic Ninja JUST ONCE to hack into the N3DS and install the MSET exploit. Once done, you can boot into Karl3DS/Gateway using that MSET exploit without CN/OoT.

Also, and this is mostly conjecture, there was a miimaker exploit, which didn't require Zelda OoT or CN, but apparently it broke some of the functionality of the N3DS, so maybe if Gateway figures out how to make it work properly, then yeah maybe we won't need Zelta OoT/CN anymore.

Edit: So, while keeping in mind the above info, I would say maybe.

memomo and guitarheroknight like this.
  3. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    I thought GW team had a Mii plaza exploit on N3DS...

Margen67 likes this.
  4. GhostLatte
    OP

GhostLatte The Hypebeast Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    Supreme NY
    Exactly

Margen67 likes this.
  5. keyra

keyra Spoderman self proclamed fan

Dec 23, 2008
    France
    [​IMG]

and i'll add, this section is a mess, there are more useless questions than thread about 3ds cards

omegart, Margen67 and porkiewpyne like this.
  6. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    Why would they? They basically released these entry points so the kiddies would stop bitching and spamming their mail 24/7.

7. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    Because if we believe hard enough, the desired exploit will magically appear, amiright?

Seriously, why are people so obsessed with the the thought of others regarding probability of *insert wishlist here*? Especially when 99% of the people being asked are not involved with GW etc? :huh:

8. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    No because it already doesn't require cubic ninja

#OoT3DforLife lol

9. PKNess

PKNess Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015
    I hope fucking not. Let's be a realistic, Gateway has expand the scene on 3DS a lot, that's true, but latley, they do not look like the flashcard is in shape. I mean, I don't care if they need to find some big exploit, or some big entry point, or something. When you pay 60 bucks, or 80, or 90 because I see pages for 100 for a GW, you are not paying a mass-production flashcard which can be sol for less than 20, I am paying for support, I am paying for features and stability, and let me tell ya, this thing of Cubic Ninja, this is bullshit. Ninjhax is okay for homebrew launcher, thats the purpose, but when you need an external element to run something that buy, thats is bullshit. And thats what gateway do it right now. Release us bullshit. How would be if you buy a car, and to run that car you would need another car to make it on?

I hope Team Soon got back in the way the have too. I don't care if you need to do something complicated, you owe that to your clients as a brand.

10. Thesolcity

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel
    Supposedly Ridge Racer has some interesting things inside.

Margen67 likes this.
  11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    seeing as karl3DS already ave their proof of concept downgrading MSET, i think its pretty obvious that at the very least gateway will do a similar setup......but that being said you will likely still need oot or cubic ninja to install the exploit.....so the answer is probably Yes & No....yeah you will probably need access to the game, but only the once to install the exploit then you can use the good ol' MSET exploit, and once its a one time install deal im sure the prices will drop as people can just install it and sell their copy so it wont be a hard game to get hold of

Margen67 likes this.