Hacking [POLL] Do You Think .3DS Compatibility Is Worth $65+ ? (IE Buying A Gateway)

Do You Think .3DS Compatibility Is Worth $65+ ?

• Yes, of course! It Being So Much Easier and Faster Makes It Worth It!

Votes: 56 31.3%
  • No, I'd Rather Spend A Little Extra Time Converting To .CIA and Save The Money.

Votes: 123 68.7%

• Total voters

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE DONT ANSWER THE POLL IF YOU ALREADY HAVE/HAD A GATEWAY BEFORE CFW. IT JUST MAKES IT PRETTY MUCH BIASED:)

Just wondering.

A lot of people prefer CFW over Gateway because of the price ($0 vs $65+), but there are still people buying a Gateway because of .3DS compatibility.

I'd rather save the money and spend a little extra time converting.

What's Your Opinion?

Last edited by dpad_5678,

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't bother with gateway. The website where everyone gets their .3ds from also has .cia files. It's not a big deal to install them on the 3ds

Reactions: Midvoc

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wormdood,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a gateway and sky3ds for my 4.5 and 10.3 o3ds systems. I use .cia on my gateway for online games and .3ds for everything else so I do no have to mess with headers.

I could never get cards larger than 32Gb to work so I like being able to have two 32Gb cards which doubles my game capacity.

If I do get another exploitable 3ds it will be CFW all the way. For now though I will stick with what I have because it works.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a gateway back before custom firmware was worth it. Since I don't have it anymore, I'll probably just stick with .cia.

I did like the ability to quickly test a gaggle of games, and narrow it down to what I wanted to play. Installing all those junk games would have taken forever. So gateway is a time-saver for me, though I'm not sure if it's a 60$ time saver. Guess it just depends on how much you value your time and how you go about playing various games.

Reactions: Nightwish
D

Deleted-236924

some more obscure games don't get converted so easily but you can request in the cia requests section (AND PLEASE NOT IN THE CIA DOWNLOADS SECTION KTHX)
I'm pretty sure both rxTools and Decrypt9 should be able to handle generating xorpads for any 3ds rom.

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway is honestly a waste of money right now. CIA conversion is really easy with the tools we've been given, and if we would have had RxTools before I got my Gateway, I wouldn't have bought it.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway is honestly a waste of money right now. CIA conversion is really easy with the tools we've been given, and if we would have had RxTools before I got my Gateway, I wouldn't have bought it.
For n3ds it has some features that cfw lacks such as out Of the box región free and región free dlc and updates.

For o3ds it doesnt make much sense, n3ds its pretty handy. I have been using the gateway since it was out so im happy with the money spent on it although its not much use these days

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back