Gaming Pokewalker for heartgold & soulsilver?

hafzul.bhuiyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IR Sensor?? so you mean the Jap rom cant connect to the pokewalker??? i thought that the game sent the pokemon via wireless signal ((like we do when we ds download play)).... hmmm i was looking forward to buying just the pokewalker seperatley... guess ill just buy the game...
mellow.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The pokewalker is incredibly stupid and pointless.

You'll be able to pick them up online for a dollar I assume. I can't see most people actually using it.

YeOldeGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omocho said:

You'll be able to pick them up online for a dollar I assume. I can't see most people actually using it.

I think it is a pretty cool idea. I am goin to strap it to my dogs collar and let him level my Pokemon, lol.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YeOldeGamer said:
Omocho said:

I think it is a pretty cool idea. I am goin to strap it to my dogs collar and let him level my Pokemon, lol.
Typical lazy ass american.
ph34r.gif

Im gonna sit on the washing machine and let the vibrations do the leveling up.

EDIT: The Vibrations will level up what, i dont know
smileipb2.png

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
Omocho said:

mad.gif
I wanna pokewalker!
Pokewalker? You barely know her!

(Sorry, just had to..)

On topic though, I don't think the Pokewalker is at all stupid. The cost maybe (I think they should've kept it at $30 for both game and peripheral, but Pokemon wants to milk their franchise all the way), but I do believe the Pokewalker is the extra incentive needed for someone on the fence of buying it or not. I, for one, have considered the fact of buying this so I could play with the Pokewalker.

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I know is that i legitimately bought the game, was having a blast with the pokewalker, and now it's lost somewhere in the Nagoya snowdrifts and I'm sad. The game is as fun as a pokemon game tends to be, but being able to catch pokemon and get awesome items just by exercising (climbed a mountain and caught a Torchic) was an excellent addition. I hope to God that a replacement system is set up soon, because the game isn't worth playing without it. Also, my %$)(#' starter was on it at the time. Goodbye Feraligatr.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YeOldeGamer said:
Omocho said:

Yeah me and my friends said the same thing when we heard about the pokewalker, haha.
Gonna be a lot of dogs out there leveling pokemanz.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
tyrran said:
All I know is that i legitimately bought the game, was having a blast with the pokewalker, and now it's lost somewhere in the Nagoya snowdrifts and I'm sad. The game is as fun as a pokemon game tends to be, but being able to catch pokemon and get awesome items just by exercising (climbed a mountain and caught a Torchic) was an excellent addition. I hope to God that a replacement system is set up soon, because the game isn't worth playing without it. Also, my %$)(#' starter was on it at the time. Goodbye Feraligatr.

Actually, I remember reading somewhere (possibly here) that you could input into your game that you lost your Pokewalker or something (or am trying to connect a new one to the game) and it'll pull back your Pokemon which you transferred to it. (Everything you gained in your Pokewalker until you lost it is lost, of course)

So yes, all hope is possibly not lost! Go poke around in your Pokewalker menu on HG/SS and see what you find! 8D

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What's so offensive to people about actually have to buy a game (for once, in the case of some of you
wink.gif
)? Personally, I see nothing wrong with buying games from franchises you truly enjoy... really, you should want to help support those games you really love.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
What's so offensive to people about actually have to buy a game (for once, in the case of some of you
wink.gif
)? Personally, I see nothing wrong with buying games from franchises you truly enjoy... really, you should want to help support those games you really love.

I agree, if its quality buy the retail game. Eventually the trend will be to an all digital download content world devoid of DVDs and game cards. Sony may have over shot that with their GO system, but its going to happen and become mainstream.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
R2DJ said:
thebigboss14 said:
I was looking in a european web page about pokemon and it saids that theres a yellow forest event that you could get a pikachu with a special movement and one of them is fly.

Look:
yellow-forest.png
pika-volar.png

SOURCE

PS: The page is in Spanish from Spain.
How is this related to the topic? In the latest Pokemon Sunday, Masuda said most of the Pikachus in that event will know Fly.

Anyways, the PokeWalker is just a thing for your Pokemans to get experience while walking. It's your choice if you want to use it, but it's not mandatory. Unless they have a way for you to download a "secret area" to put in the device and when you put your Poke and take it back, you will have (insert Pokemon here) in your party suddenly.

They should sell it separately 5 months after release, me thinks...

Ummm it had everything to DO with the topic, you need the Poke' Walker to get those Flying Pikachus!? Thats why he said it, the poke' walker gives you special things that you cant get through normal gameplay.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the PokeWalker is all that useful aside from the items you can get from it.
I really doubt the pokemon on there get proper training to begin with (just like the rare candy). And it has gameboy pocket graphics ;___;

Soper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I preordered SoulSilver the other day..love Pokemon games so I had too..haha..interested to check out this Pokewalker

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yingxue said:
A lot of people, apparently on 2ch, say the Pokewalker IS NOT required to start the game.

It's annoying to see all this, "wut if i dun haev da poekwalker!!!1111111111one"

Lord.

I played a ROM of the Japanese version. You don't need the PokeWalker. At all. It's just a novelty.

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlameTakuya said:
tyrran said:

Actually, I remember reading somewhere (possibly here) that you could input into your game that you lost your Pokewalker or something (or am trying to connect a new one to the game) and it'll pull back your Pokemon which you transferred to it. (Everything you gained in your Pokewalker until you lost it is lost, of course)

So yes, all hope is possibly not lost! Go poke around in your Pokewalker menu on HG/SS and see what you find! 8D

To get a Pokemon back from the Pokewalker:

"There is no way to lose your Pokemon while it is in the Pokéwalker. Running out of batteries will simply make you lose steps and Watts. Your Pokemon will be safe. If you are to lose your Pokéwalker, then you can restore your Pokemon back into your games. As a note, if you happen to find your Pokéwalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you can not send the other one inside of the Pokéwalker back to the game (essentially cloning). To get your Pokemon back if ever your Pokéwalker breaks/gets lost, go the Pokéwalker Connection Screen and press & hold:

* Up + Select + R

Once you do this, your Pokéwalker will be reset and your Pokemon will go back into your box. Your Pokemon will be restored to as it originally was when you put it in the Pokéwalker. If you do find your Pokéwalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you need to reset the Pokéwalker.

To set a Pokéwalker back to it's original settings, go to the Pokéwalker Connection Screen and press & hold:

* Down + X + L"

Thank God we have Serebii.net
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh