Pokewalker for heartgold & soulsilver?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by thebigboss14, Sep 6, 2009.

Sep 6, 2009
  1. thebigboss14
    OP

Member thebigboss14 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm worried because when Pokemon HG & SS get to USA & EUROPE (YOU & ME)we won't be able to get the Pokewalker by any other or we really need buy the game. Then if we need it for some kind of special event or anything especial what could we do, there's going to be clones available on sale or we will be forced to buy the game to get it? That doesn't sound like good news. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry ,if I made mistakes like in the past post. My English is no perfectly good so anything just help me.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    For an American you have absolutely terrible English. Thought I'd let you know. Although for all I know English could be your second language.

The Pokewalker is a novelty. It's not needed for the game at all. It's like the Giratina minature you got with Platinum if you bought it (they gave out a minature with select copies, right?)

3. pwn3d91

Newcomer pwn3d91 Member

United States
    I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will be selling the Pokewalker separately. Think about it, if you lose it and want a new one, I severely doubt Nintendo's going to be greedy assholes and make you buy an entirely new copy.

4. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You had to pre order it in order to get the girantina minature. And anywho just buy the game. If you pirate a pokemon game you wont be able to get the fullest out of the game because as far as i beleive the pokemon wont be legit and you'l probably have troubles with wifi and wireless stuff and thats one of the things that make it fun.

5. Frog

Member Frog GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Any pokemon caught using a flashcart will be 100% legit. (unless of course you used cheats.)

6. thebigboss14
    OP

United States
    Sorry but I'm not American and my first language is not english I only have 3 years learning english ok [​IMG] sorry about that I didn't worry about when I wrote it.

7. thebigboss14
    OP

United States
    Well at least I have all the other pokemon original games for GBA & DS like FR, LG, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, & Diamond(I don't like the Pearl Version)

8. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    The Pokealker is either gonna be sold separately or bundled along with it. Anyway its pretty lame, i don't believe that any event would be connected to it anyway. If you haven't realized the poke walker is one of many ways to combat piracy.

'Look kiddos, if you actually buy the game, you'll get this cool thing that lets you train your pokemon'

that's pretty much the message that is sent with the pokewalker, girtina figure thing in platinum, etc etc.

9. thebigboss14
    OP

United States
    I was looking in a european web page about pokemon and it saids that theres a yellow forest event that you could get a pikachu with a special movement and one of them is fly.

Look:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

SOURCE

PS: The page is in Spanish from Spain.

10. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    How is this related to the topic? In the latest Pokemon Sunday, Masuda said most of the Pikachus in that event will know Fly.

Anyways, the PokeWalker is just a thing for your Pokemans to get experience while walking. It's your choice if you want to use it, but it's not mandatory. Unless they have a way for you to download a "secret area" to put in the device and when you put your Poke and take it back, you will have (insert Pokemon here) in your party suddenly.

They should sell it separately 5 months after release, me thinks...

11. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    to me it sounds a bit like a gimmick. It might just be to help anti piracy (you have to have it to start the game) but someone will make a patch

12. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    I wouldn't mind one anyway.

They look alright

I plan to buy it also but I'm impatient

If you wanted one badly you buy it or eBay or steal off someone ( this post does not support stealing )

13. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    They can't do that! By then they'll be hyping Pokemon Clear Crystal! Don't you know anything about the marketing of Pokemon?
    As to the Pokewalker, they would be idiots to do that. It would completely destroy the resale value, unless people handed in the Pokewalker with the game, and people might forget, or lose it, or.. You know.

14. Yingxue

Newcomer Yingxue Member

United States
    A lot of people, apparently on 2ch, say the Pokewalker IS NOT required to start the game.

It's annoying to see all this, "wut if i dun haev da poekwalker!!!1111111111one"

Lord.

15. Overlord Zetta

Newcomer Overlord Zetta Member

United States
    Yeah, good grief people. I doubt it even checks for the IR unless you actually attempt to sync with a Pokewalker.

Stop bringing GBATEMP to its knees!

16. Hypershad12

Member Hypershad12 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    We'll have to wait and see.

17. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    What are you gunna do if you need the pokewalker for the game?

Easy, 2 simple options:

1) Import/Buy the game, if youre really wanting this game that much then pay for it!

2) Wait for a patch

18. .:drk_drgn:.

Member .:drk_drgn:. rawr

United Kingdom
    I'm just going to buy the Pokewalker of off ebay, even if you don't need it. [​IMG]

19. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    What is the point of buying a Pokewalker when it won't even work with your flashcart since the Pokemon SH have a special IR sensor but your flashcart doesn't.

20. .:drk_drgn:.

Member .:drk_drgn:. rawr

United Kingdom
    I forgot about that. [​IMG]