Homebrew PokesavDS (dev thread)

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just like to say how handy this has been for me. Today one of my friends wanted a Typhlosion that had an ability of levitate. I was without a computer or a MicroSD reader to render the Pokemon for him until I remembered I had PPSE-DS r10 on my DS. Worked wonders.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
Hakoda said:
Today one of my friends wanted a Typhlosion that had an ability of levitate.
XD what in God's name for?
on second thought, forget i asked.
Levitate allows the Pokemon to be immune to ground moves. Ground is super effective against fire so if he were ever up against a ground type Pokemon, the moves wouldn't effect him.

Mages4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I hate to ask this, but this works for HG/SS (U) right? I know it says it on the front, but I'm just, well, you know.

Off-topicness: Can you use Homebrew on YSMenu o-o

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
^Yes, yes you can

Hakoda said:
Today one of my friends wanted a Typhlosion that had an ability of levitate.

This is the type of hacking I hate. I mean, editing IV's and EV's is okay, I mean, It can be done legitimately. But when you hack abilities and moves onto other Pokemon, that's when it gets annoying. One of my friends puts Hugepower on all of his Pokemon. Pisses me right off.

UnwoundGizmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed a bug... When you change the species of a poke it changes the pokedex number to "???" (at least on the 2 pokes I tried it on)

Don't know if this is new but just to throw it out there if it's not....

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
one thing to be noted when you create a pokemon (after cloning one that you already have and editing it the new pokemon if you haven't captured it or got it somewhere through a trade the pokedex entry won't be shown.. I tried it by editing my kadabra into an alakazam and haunter to gengar but the pokedex doen't register the entry, wonder if there's a way to work around it..

UnwoundGizmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hotzdevil said:
one thing to be noted when you create a pokemon (after cloning one that you already have and editing it the new pokemon if you haven't captured it or got it somewhere through a trade the pokedex entry won't be shown.. I tried it by editing my kadabra into an alakazam and haunter to gengar but the pokedex doen't register the entry, wonder if there's a way to work around it..
No... I just tried modding a shiny eevee into a charmander. It's still shiny, but i've got regular charmanders. I've seen them in the game legitly before and it still doesn't give the pokedex # on the stats page... I'll try trading it see if that fixes it. Someone also just traded me a arceus and it says ??? too... i wonder if that effected everything?

UnwoundGizmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NVM... Your right... I just relised that i started my platinum game over and didn't have charmander anymore...

EDIT: however, if you try to change the trainer on a shiny pokemon it takes away the shiny making it regular colored

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Pokedex is a bit special, the game marks it when ti is caught or traded to your game, but does not do so if it just suddenly 'appears' as a pokemon you own. Meaning there are only a few ways to get it into your pokedex.

You can trade it and trade it back, you can hatch it, or you can catch it. Otherwise you would have to edit it as well (r10 does not have this functionality).

Pokedex editing isn't written at all yet, though I have most the information required for it.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
Pokedex is a bit special, the game marks it when ti is caught or traded to your game, but does not do so if it just suddenly 'appears' as a pokemon you own. Meaning there are only a few ways to get it into your pokedex.

You can trade it and trade it back, you can hatch it, or you can catch it. Otherwise you would have to edit it as well (r10 does not have this functionality).

Pokedex editing isn't written at all yet, though I have most the information required for it.
Huzzah

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
@UltyBomber77 it seems you haven't read this thread well enough.. As jurassicplayer mentioned you better keep that 1 mb save comment for other threads as Chasesan has already mentioned that Pokemon HGSS don't require 1 mb sav and 512 is the actual size..

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
RAWR! 1mb save! *gnaws on you*

Hehe, not in the mood to make another choke you to death post about that subject. But yeah 512 kb is the actual size.

You are allowed to ignore me. Finals week is approaching and I am swamped with work. Which means I have about zero time to work on this. But in about 2 weeks I will have freedom to re-continue work.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
RAWR! 1mb save! *gnaws on you*

Hehe, not in the mood to make another choke you to death post about that subject. But yeah 512 kb is the actual size.

You are allowed to ignore me. Finals week is approaching and I am swamped with work. Which means I have about zero time to work on this. But in about 2 weeks I will have freedom to re-continue work.
we waited this long, we can wait a while for r11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rolleyes: