Homebrew PokesavDS (dev thread)

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Chase-san said:
Hehe, I apologize, my free time has been more limited recently. What I do have has been going towards more leisurely activities. Don't worry I will work on it.

I just hope no one thinks I should be working on it every waking moment.
tongue.gif

What are you doing typing on this forum, get to work you coder.

Just kidding obviously (but this is secretly what everyone thinks; good sign no?)

Patelitojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Who here has gotten savhax to work? I've been trying for the past 3 hours on both my r4 and m2i zero. WTF AM I DOING WRONG!!!!

I'm using the ez flash 3n1 gba size and 2 different ds lites. It stays on reading sram and freezes there. Also every time I turn off the ds it's as if the SRAM on my 3n1 resets to the value it had before. anyway to fix this?

xFinch713x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Wasn't the savhax released as an "as is" and "not my problem" sort of extra xD? Supposedly it only has about a 50% chance of working anyways...so maybe it just happens to be that you are in the unlucky half.
I was able to get a .sav for my game, but i can't get it to load anywhere...

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xFinch713x said:
Ahh, didn't know that. Is there a way to tell without having to boot up an emulator every time?
Open the sav file in a hex editor (I use HxD), I'm not sure what it shouldn't look like but if it'll work it'll probably look something like...
2010-03-31_212830.png

xFinch713x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just out of curiosity... is there a hex viewer for DS? xP Most likely not even thought of, but worth a shot
tongue.gif
I will try that now then
smile.gif

edit: can't seem to get it to work.. must I turn off the DS to do GBA SRAM -> File?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you quickly reset the DS. Take too long and the SRAM will erase. But the DS needs to be reset so that the flashcart gains write access again. (It loses it when you eject the flashcart for the real cart)

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Why, platinum save is 512 kb, like every other 4th generation Pokemon game.

PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE. I made a save editor I think I know what I speak of. Everything else that produces a 1mb save is wrong. Yes wrong. No I don't care their wrong.

I don't care if they are an super computer hacker/astro physicist/high programmer/god and graduated summa cum laude from MIT, Harvard and Caltech simultaneously, claim to work for Gamefreak or Nintendo, and hold the highest security clearance in every country. If they say it has a 1mb save, they are wrong, I don't care.

(this bugs me you may have noticed.)

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
Why, platinum save is 512 kb, like every other 4th generation Pokemon game.

PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE. I made a save editor I think I know what I speak of. Everything else that produces a 1mb save is wrong. Yes wrong. No I don't care their wrong.

I don't care if they are an super computer hacker/astro physicist/high programmer/god and graduated summa cum laude from MIT, Harvard and Caltech simultaneously, claim to work for Gamefreak or Nintendo, and hold the highest security clearance in every country. If they say it has a 1mb save, they are wrong, I don't care.

(this bugs me you may have noticed.)

that's okay, there's a show all option button, so that fixes up everything
biggrin.gif

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Chase-san said:
IF IT DOESN'T WORK TRY PUTTING IT IN THE ROOT DIRECTORY!
If your card supports the argv mod it should be OK in another directory (AKAIO, CycloDS, HomebrewMenu)
Homebrew menu is included in the download!

What's the argv mod?

UnwoundGizmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few questions...

1-What does it mean when an item is red?
2-Is there a shiny function yet? (I don't see one)
3-Can you create Pokes or do you have to edit them?

Sorry if these have been answered in the topic or readme, I can't open the readme (something about 32 bit not compatible) and I got tired of reading past page 7-8

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
UnwoundGizmo said:
Few questions...

2-Is there a shiny function yet? (I don't see one) NO there is NO PID Generation
3-Can you create Pokes or do you have to edit them? Edit

Sorry if these have been answered in the topic or readme, I can't open the readme (something about 32 bit not compatible) and I got tired of reading past page 7-8

UnwoundGizmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
UnwoundGizmo said:
Few questions...

2-Is there a shiny function yet? (I don't see one) NO there is NO PID Generation
3-Can you create Pokes or do you have to edit them? Edit

Few more...

If I put a key item on a poke, can i use it when i take it off? AKA event items, or will it screw up the game?
Is there a way to make event pokes?

anton134

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PPSE DS r10 seems to be working fine for me.
and UnwoundGizmo, you can make any pokemon, you can edit their stats, moves, levels,their original trainer ID and you can edit your trainer and items as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated