Homebrew PokesavDS (dev thread)

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rekail said:
will this pokesav work on my emulator cause I play while at work I'm a NEWBI so SORRY if i'm asking a stupid ?

1. Jeez, don't doubt yourself.
2. It's newbie.
3. Depends on the kind of emulator. My friend uses NO$ZOOMER2.3.0.1 yet it doesn't work; UI use it on the same emulator yet it works.

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Sandman00009 said:
im on sakura as well the newest version of it and i noticed this pokesav ds on sakura boots like a rom and on the earlyer stages of pokesav like R8 worked on sakura with out homebrew menu.......homebrew menu works fine on sakura so as long as it works im happy
smile.gif

O, that, well I might know why that is. I will try and change things back to normal in r11, see if it fixes it. Basically on a certain version I set it to use the built in game info title. It is only a slight thing so I can see the name in the debugger, but I think that may of gotten Sakura to detect it as a game instead. (even though the game ID numbers are still 0000 and maker code is 00 aswell).

Sandman00009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
Sandman00009 said:
im on sakura as well the newest version of it and i noticed this pokesav ds on sakura boots like a rom and on the earlyer stages of pokesav like R8 worked on sakura with out homebrew menu.......homebrew menu works fine on sakura so as long as it works im happy
smile.gif

O, that, well I might know why that is. I will try and change things back to normal in r11, see if it fixes it. Basically on a certain version I set it to use the built in game info title. It is only a slight thing so I can see the name in the debugger, but I think that may of gotten Sakura to detect it as a game instead. (even though the game ID numbers are still 0000 and maker code is 00 aswell).

awsome cant wait and good job with the homebrew its really nice
yaynds.gif

rekail

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried the normal pokesav but it won't load my saved data how to change a .dsv save file to a .sav file without corrupting using the lastest desmume emulator

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What would make this the best HB ever would be Pokesav injection and a way to get shiny pokemon and Rotoms new forms.

BTW: What the hex editing option in this do.(i steered clear as i rarley hex edit anything)

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whooosh said:
What would make this the best HB ever would be Pokesav injection and a way to get shiny pokemon and Rotoms new forms.

BTW: What the hex editing option in this do.(i steered clear as i rarley hex edit anything)

Hex editing is a MUST if you want to use the pokémon in a real tournament, I think it's the 85th setting that needs to be put at 00 for a pokemon to be registered as an egg pokemon rather than a ball pokemon. 45th is the location I think, but that doesn't matter too much.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sooo you cant make pokemon with this...? aww man.. well,anyways, still good. but even better if you could add your own pokemon to the save.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HatsuneHaseo said:
sooo you cant make pokemon with this...? aww man.. well,anyways, still good. but even better if you could add your own pokemon to the save.

It's still in the making, so I'm pretty sure that eventually you will be able to do that, just like you'll be able to change your pokédex and change pokemon into shinys soon.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinryuji said:
HatsuneHaseo said:

It's still in the making, so I'm pretty sure that eventually you will be able to do that, just like you'll be able to change your pokédex and change pokemon into shinys soon.

i hope so.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is by far,the best homebrew ever.
smile.gif
those super fast updates are awesome too ^^. oh,and im glad you're liking your new mouse! ^^ also,GL on those midterms!

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
Oh right I got my new mouse (I like it).
Maybe in a few days I will have a working copy, but midterms are on their way so, I need to study a bit more.
smile.gif

hope you pass your midterms. i have to worry about regents later. XD

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Its not a huge problem at the moment, but it is a bit annoying when someone is talking about the features in the next version and then it suddenly skips to "how do I get it to work on my card". Could we make a discussion thread about suggestions for future features etc and a separate technical support thread for actually getting it to work.

Thanks for the good work and im really enjoying the latest version, i find it easier to use than the PC one and im really looking forward to pokedex editing

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
basher11 said:
Shinryuji said:
HatsuneHaseo said:

i hope so.

Why do you need to make pokemon? you can just copy an existing one and edit it which is easier because you don't have to spend time doing hidden hex changes unless your picky

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supersonicmonk said:
basher11 said:
Shinryuji said:
HatsuneHaseo said:

i hope so.

Why do you need to make pokemon? you can just copy an existing one and edit it which is easier because you don't have to spend time doing hidden hex changes unless your picky

theres nothing wrong about wanting to add pokemon to your save. and cloning it isnt the same thing as making it. i cant just clone a charizard, edit the stats and get an arceus right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo