ROM Hack Pokepatch 3-in1 Platinum?

Silent_Ninja_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a ds lite, an ez flash III with both Pokemon Emeraude and Pokemon Rouge on NOR (first is Emeraude then Rouge,both unpatched and working), and a Pokemon Platine patched with cory1492's tool on my R4. The games are all in french.

When you put your roms in NOR you can't rename them and the filenames are long, so the save filename for both is pokemon_.sav. So i had to put also the 2 roms in Ez Disk (emeraude.lz7 and rouge.lz7) and play from there. Then I load emeraude.sav and the emeraude rom on NOR, play a little, and save. But when i return to the ez flash screen it saves on pokemon_sav not emeraude.sav, that's a total mess.

I used Pokesav to hack my Platine sav file so i can try the pal park (all the badges + national pokedex). The option "import from Emeraude" appears on the start screen. But when i choose it i get 2 black screens with music.
In ez manager 2.22 i tried both "Write EZ3 Loader" and "Write EZ3 NDS Loader", there is always the same problem.
When i choose "Write EZ3 NDS Loader" i can no longer play on my gba sp though.

In the readme there is for EZ III:
"the GBA game has to be on NOR in the first space avaiable, make sure to load your save file from
EZ disk before trying to migrate"

I don't know how to load my save file first because the process is first loading Pokemon Platinum and choose "import from Emeraude". When can i load the save ?

As you can see i'm a total newb, can someone please help me ?

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Silent_Ninja_Man said:
I have a ds lite, an ez flash III with both Pokemon Emeraude and Pokemon Rouge on NOR (first is Emeraude then Rouge,both unpatched and working), and a Pokemon Platine patched with cory1492's tool on my R4. The games are all in french.

When you put your roms in NOR you can't rename them and the filenames are long, so the save filename for both is pokemon_.sav. So i had to put also the 2 roms in Ez Disk (emeraude.lz7 and rouge.lz7) and play from there. Then I load emeraude.sav and the emeraude rom on NOR, play a little, and save. But when i return to the ez flash screen it saves on pokemon_sav not emeraude.sav, that's a total mess.

I used Pokesav to hack my Platine sav file so i can try the pal park (all the badges + national pokedex). The option "import from Emeraude" appears on the start screen. But when i choose it i get 2 black screens with music.
In ez manager 2.22 i tried both "Write EZ3 Loader" and "Write EZ3 NDS Loader", there is always the same problem.
When i choose "Write EZ3 NDS Loader" i can no longer play on my gba sp though.

In the readme there is for EZ III:
"the GBA game has to be on NOR in the first space avaiable, make sure to load your save file from

I don't know how to load my save file first because the process is first loading Pokemon Platinum and choose "import from Emeraude". When can i load the save ?

You should be happy because you can make migration option appear.. I can't even do that ;/

Try to unpack GBA games. You need .gba instead of .lz7

BTW
Peoples! Please read my previous posts
smile.gif
I'm still waiting for not hacked save with national dex and pal park unlocked

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EZ-III: thats because it NEEDS to be in the NOR section with the english rom. "pokemon_.sav" is the file it should be.

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've send similiar msg to cory:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been trying make migration appear but still nothing.
Deatils:
Hardware: Nintendo DS Lite, AceKard 2.1, Ez 3in1 Expansion Pack PLUS
Software: AceKard firmware 4.17(in root of card), GBAldr 0.1 hw update 2 (in gbaldr folder) or GBAExpLoader 0.58b (in root of card)
Games: Pokemon DIamond (U) pokepatched (v4.1, when patching I've taken number 1 - Ez 3in1) (diamond in folder ROMs) and Pokemon Emerald (UE) clean ROM (in folder gbaldr)
Saves: Pokemon Diamond (U) (in folder ROMs) and Emerald save (now 7 pokemon - 6 in box, 1 in party) (in folder gbaldr)

What I've done:
1st situation
1. DIsable all the cheats, soft reset, download play etc etc.
2. write clean Emerald to NOR using gbaldr
3.copy my 128k save to SRAm 64k area
4. start Diamond = migration doesn't appear

2nd situation
1. disable all cheats, soft reset etc
2. write clean Emerald to NOR using GBAExpLoader
3. write my 128k save to SRAM
4. start Diamond and migration dosen't appear

ALso I've tried to hold L button or writing save to SRAM but not 64k area or I've tried emerald with 256k save.

BTW, I have a question. When I have Emerald ROM and 128k save in same directory after writing ROM to NOR my save changes from 128k to 256k and then I can't write it to 64k area... WHy this happens?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone help me!
smile.gif

!!EDIT!!

READ THIS

YES!!
YES!
DAMN YEAH!
smile.gif

I finally managed that shit to work ^^ It wasn't working because of AceKard official firmware. AKAIO is needed.
I will say again:

Migration DOESN'T WORK with AceKard official firmware if you have 3in1+.

I don't want anyone to have problems like me and to waste a lot of time like I was doing
frown.gif

Now I can play GBA game or use migration because I;m using GBAExploader v0.58b. I just put the clean ROM to NOR, save to SRAM and that's it! I can play the GBA game using "Start GBA game" command in DS startup menu or using AKAIO "GBA Game" command. Save working properly.

Finally I can confirm migration works with Pokemon Diamond (U) and Pokemon Emerald (UE)
smile.gif

Another important information which readme/cory's blog doesn't include:

You need to have minimum 7 Pokemons in any GBA Pokemon game. 6 of them must be placed in the PC Box.

PS I want to thanks cory for all his support via e-mail or blog. He's really great guy. Thanks to him everyone can migrate using slot1+slot2 flash cards and ROMs
smile.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Searinox said:
I guess your best bet is then to wait for an answer from cory.
lol, he's not really the patient type at all. Email, blog, forum... suspects I'm an insomniac or something. I feel like a rejiggered stalkered nuclear folk!

Thanks MasterX for solving your own issue, and sharing your solution (I'll add it to the readme, though it still eludes me why anyone with an AK2 would choose to use official menu.) Of course I mentioned to you the soft combo more than once before you actually tried it...
QUOTE(Silent_Ninja_Man @ Jun 16 2009, 09:59 AM) In the readme there is for EZ III:

Getting the game on NOR should be as simple as running it once from the EZ menu (the menu is in it's own little PROM chip, separate from NOR space.) To load the save, you must first put it on the EZ-Disk, then use the EZ3 menu to go to EZ disk to select and load it. This is only if you are like me and didn't want to figure out the correct save file name so just loaded a .sav file to ezdisk that wasn't named after any game. You don't load the GBA save in the NDS game at all, you just select migrate.

And once again, I have not confirmed memory region or patch correct for any version after Platinum USA. I have multiple reports of issues with German and French so far, and I will pad and verify memory region and look at assembly to verify patch is effective with them all at some point. I got sidetracked with the disabler patch I released here, and it's been too busy and hot since to work at the PC at length.
unsure.gif
Buy me an AC and pay the power bill, and that problem would go away
smileipb2.png

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Lol I ran into another problem yesterday. First time when I used GBAExpLoader to write ROM to NOR everything was ok. Now when I try write ROM to NOR GBAExpLoader is always DEAD. I can't do a thing, but PSRAM is working. Thanksfully I have gbaldr from cory and it works fine (but in order to play GBA game you must patch it and when you patch it you can't migrate xd). I've tried blank NOR, deleting GBAExpLoader and copy it again.

What should I do to make GBAExpLoader work properly?

EDIT 20.VI.09

GBAExpLoader seems to works again but when I've tried to copy Emerald to NOR it ends at 6% Copying to NOR :/ With Fire Red it's the same thing. What the hell??!

ikono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem that masterx had. I have all of the same equipment, Acekard 2.1, 3in1+, Platinum U, Emerald U, Exploader 0.58b, however the migrate option still doesn't show up. I have the nat. dex, and am at pal park in platinum. I have patched the platinum with the 4.1 patch, and I have used exploader to load the emerald game into nor, as well as the 128k save file. The save file is taken from gamefaqs, and I can load the GBA cart directly from the DS.

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ikono said:
I'm having the same problem that masterx had. I have all of the same equipment, Acekard 2.1, 3in1+, Platinum U, Emerald U, Exploader 0.58b, however the migrate option still doesn't show up. I have the nat. dex, and am at pal park in platinum. I have patched the platinum with the 4.1 patch, and I have used exploader to load the emerald game into nor, as well as the 128k save file. The save file is taken from gamefaqs, and I can load the GBA cart directly from the DS.

Make sure you have AKAIO 1.4.1 proper repack and disable all cheats. Emerald ROM must be clean unpatched. When you patched Platinum did you choose number 1 - Ez 3in1?
If this will not help maybe try some Platinum saves from GBATemp? Emerald save should have 7 pokemon - 6 in box, 1 in party but even if you don;t migration still appears.

Or you can try GBAldr 0.1 final hw update 2 from cory1492... Just put clean ROM and 128k save in same folder and then write game to NOR. If you have save in other directory than ROM then copy it to 64k SRAM area.

Sorry for my bad english but I think you will understand me
smile.gif

ikono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MasterX said:
ikono said:

Make sure you have AKAIO 1.4.1 proper repack and disable all cheats. Emerald ROM must be clean unpatched. When you patched Platinum did you choose number 1 - Ez 3in1?
If this will not help maybe try some Platinum saves from GBATemp? Emerald save should have 7 pokemon - 6 in box, 1 in party but even if you don;t migration still appears.

Or you can try GBAldr 0.1 final hw update 2 from cory1492... Just put clean ROM and 128k save in same folder and then write game to NOR. If you have save in other directory than ROM then copy it to 64k SRAM area.

smile.gif

I do have the 1.4.1 proper, the emerald is unpatched, and yes, I did choose 1.
I have the 4/4/09 update of GBALDR that is compatible with the 3in1+, but using that, when I try to copy the sav into the sram, it gives the ok, but when I start the gamefrom gbaldr, there isn't a continue, only new game. If I load the save from AKAIO or exploader, then I can load the save game, but platinum still won't recognize it. I just had an idea... The save game was done on an unpatched platinum. I never noticed if it is similar for DPP, but emerald uses the save games in the main menu for the border graphics. Do you think that could be it? I could try using a platinum save game from here, but that would defeat the purpose of using my save game.

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ikono said:
MasterX said:
ikono said:

smile.gif

I have the 4/4/09 update of GBALDR that is compatible with the 3in1+, but using that, when I try to copy the sav into the sram, it gives the ok, but when I start the gamefrom gbaldr, there isn't a continue, only new game. If I load the save from AKAIO or exploader, then I can load the save game, but platinum still won't recognize it. I just had an idea... The save game was done on an unpatched platinum. I never noticed if it is similar for DPP, but emerald uses the save games in the main menu for the border graphics. Do you think that could be it? I could try using a platinum save game from here, but that would defeat the purpose of using my save game.

I know the solution! Your Emerald ROM is patched somehow because you can't run a game if you are using gbaldr and clean ROM. It will give white screen but migration will work. If you want to play you must patch it with EZ4Client but then migration will not work. I;m talking about NOR memory of course.

I can't post link here so google for site dash roms and download Emerald USA from there.

ikono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MasterX said:
ikono said:
MasterX said:
ikono said:

smile.gif

I know the solution! Your Emerald ROM is patched somehow because you can't run a game if you are using gbaldr and clean ROM. It will give white screen but migration will work. If you want to play you must patch it with EZ4Client but then migration will not work. I;m talking about NOR memory of course.

I can't post link here so google for site dash roms and download Emerald USA from there.

Hmm... I thought I got it from a scene release, but a CRC check showed otherwise... i'll have to find one then.

EDIT: Hmm... I got a file that had the correct CRC for a clean rom, and it indeed white screens when I try to play emerald, but there is still no transfer option =/

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you haven't got soft reset or cheats on the DS game. If you are using 3in1 only, you can also try older versions of the patcher, which shouldn't interfere with things like cheat engine. Basically the save and the GBA header must be intact in comparison to retail (it might very well be possible to get away with only using a few kilobytes of the unpatched GBA game on NOR.) Also, its been mentioned in this thread somewhere and I doubt it's your problem, but your DS game region must match/be compatible with your GBA game region (ie: french GBA will not show migrate with USA NDS.)

ikono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cory1492 said:
Make sure you haven't got soft reset or cheats on the DS game. If you are using 3in1 only, you can also try older versions of the patcher, which shouldn't interfere with things like cheat engine. Basically the save and the GBA header must be intact in comparison to retail (it might very well be possible to get away with only using a few kilobytes of the unpatched GBA game on NOR.) Also, its been mentioned in this thread somewhere and I doubt it's your problem, but your DS game region must match/be compatible with your GBA game region (ie: french GBA will not show migrate with USA NDS.)

I tried it with cheats and soft-reset disabled, but no go. What do you mean by 3in1 only? I have the 3in1+. Both Platinum and Emerald are USA on a USA console. Does the migration menu still show up if there is no save game? I've had some issues with the SRAM not having the save I wanted, so that might be a problem...
EDIT: Specifically, what it is doing is corrupting the save or something. I have the 128k save file from VBA, and copy over to the microSD, and then load it into SRAM with gbaldr. When I load the game directly from the card in VBA, it works out fine, so there must be something going on with the SRAM copying.

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ikono said:
cory1492 said:

I tried it with cheats and soft-reset disabled, but no go. What do you mean by 3in1 only? I have the 3in1+. Both Platinum and Emerald are USA on a USA console. Does the migration menu still show up if there is no save game? I've had some issues with the SRAM not having the save I wanted, so that might be a problem...
EDIT: Specifically, what it is doing is corrupting the save or something. I have the 128k save file from VBA, and copy over to the microSD, and then load it into SRAM gbaldr. When I load the game directly from the card in VBA, it works out fine, so there must be something going on with the SRAM copying.

Maybe disable Rumble? xD When I was trying migration with Rumble On nothing showed up. I don't have any other suggestion right now.

ikono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MasterX said:
ikono said:
cory1492 said:

EDIT: Specifically, what it is doing is corrupting the save or something. I have the 128k save file from VBA, and copy over to the microSD, and then load it into SRAM gbaldr. When I load the game directly from the card in VBA, it works out fine, so there must be something going on with the SRAM copying.

Maybe disable Rumble? xD When I was trying migration with Rumble On nothing showed up. I don't have any other suggestion right now.

that did it! Though why would rumble interfere? Unless games use the rumble by interfacing with it in the gba slot, and since there really aren't any 'legit' circumstances where a game and a rumble pak would coexist, the rumble takes precedence... Now to get past the save corruption issues... (EDIT) which I fixed by writing 64 kilobytes to SRAM Thanks to both of you -- MasterX and Cory1492

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey hey hey maybe someone will help me now?
My old post:

Lol I ran into another problem yesterday. First time when I used GBAExpLoader to write ROM to NOR everything was ok. Now when I try write ROM to NOR GBAExpLoader is always DEAD. I can't do a thing, but PSRAM is working. Thanksfully I have gbaldr from cory and it works fine (but in order to play GBA game you must patch it and when you patch it you can't migrate xd). I've tried blank NOR, deleting GBAExpLoader and copy it again.

What should I do to make GBAExpLoader work properly?

EDIT 20.VI.09

GBAExpLoader seems to works again but when I've tried to copy Emerald to NOR it ends at 6% Copying to NOR :/ With Fire Red it's the same thing. What the hell??!

ikono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two copies of emerald on my acekard; 1 patched, the other not. It works fine. I don't know why exploader isn't working for you, but as long as gbaldr is still working, at least you have something. Also, why not just have AKAIO load the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY