Canada
From the .58b readme:
SLOT1 flash cards which support soft reset are:
1. Fully supported
R4/M3Simply
DSLink
2. System file required
SCDS(ONE)
N-Card Please copy udisk.nds to the root of SD card.
Acekard R.P.G Please copy akmenu4.nds to the root of SD card.
X9SD
DSTT(TTDS)
3. Firmware file required
If your flash card doesn't be listed above, backup your flash card and name it SoftReset.****, and copy it to the root of SD card.
*SC DS ONE: SCF_DSGB00.nds -> SoftReset.SCDS
*G6 DS Real: PASSCARD3_AMFE00.nds -> SoftReset.g6ds
You cannot use this method on R4, Evo, AK and AK+.

*EZ5 supports soft reset, but Rumble or Memory Expansion function will be disabled in EZ5 Kernel menu.
This means you cannot use these functions on EZ5.
Has something changed that I'm not aware of then?

Any rate, unless I'm really missing something (and I putzed about for nearly a half hour, most of which was spent just trying to get soft reset to work - another thing that is broken is built in soft reset stuff in 0.58b on R4) when I press start to reset exploader SRAM content is being erased - nearly everything but the file name for the gba that was last written to nor (I wound up using 0.58b on AK2 to confirm.)

Of course, the only version I could get to soft reset my R4 on the other hand was 0.57 and there was absolutely no issue with the save in that version - you might want to give that one a go (link) instead if you haven't/aren't already as it seems Rudolph left the last version with some bugs (hence the b/eta in 0.58b.) I guess my only recommendation would be to use 0.57 for 'normal use' and 0.58b only for writing the actual games to NOR which the patching was fixed for (flash1M.)

Considering some of the crud that went down, between M3 team and R4 being ruled on in Japan I'm not even sure exploader will get another release - it seems Rudolph has moved on to wii instead.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I dumped the firmware(was 1MB) and soft reset I got 2 white screens. =S The firmware's icon is garbled, and its name is SCF______00.nds rather than SCF_DSGB00.nds. I tried dumping it to both 3in1 GBA sized and a 3in1 Plus but it's always that way. Anyway why is my firmware ID a different name? Is it because I have SCDS-1 v1.01? Where can I get a proper dump. >>;

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you try 0.57, and it has no soft reset because of the file missing? I tried with 0.58b and my own R4 dump, but it wouldn't load it properly at all (it came up partially but froze with some extra garbage on the bottom of the screen.)

When it asks you to insert a card you pull the supercard out of the DS for at least 10seconds, might help in that it should let the caps on the supercard discharge. Sounds like it's not reading the header properly.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
0.57 acts exactly like 0.58b in every respect for me. All versions back to 0.53 soft resetted on SC fine. DUDE YOU'RE A FUCKIN GENIUS! TAKING THE SC OUT FOR 10 SECONDS PRODUCED A WORKING DUMP! I'm going to try it right away!

...alas my enthusiasm was shortlived. Although the firmware dump is now run on soft-reset and thus exploader reboots the cart as cleanly as possible, the problem persists.

Looking at the effectiveness of your method, I can only ask myself if the same may hold true for ExpLoader and the Pokemon corruption - that ExpLoader excites some capacitator that causes faulty reading of the save file, that is fixed through poweroff or live takeout/reinsert.

leniad

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was trying to migrate pokemanz to Platinum from my EZ 3 in 1 using the newest pokepatch.
I have a R4, using YSmenu.
Whatever I tried, the game told me my save was corrupted.
After tons of failures and hair-pulling, I tried using the R4 original firmware, and what do you know, it worked flawlessly.

Do you know what could be the problem and if it's fixable, cory?
Otherwise I'd have to keep switching firmwares for migration purposes, and while I'd gladly do it, it'd be awesome if it worked with ysmenu too.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I think you're having the very problem we're discussing here: after writing the save file with exploader, TURN OFF THE DS and turn it back on, then run platinum.

leniad

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nope, that didn't work for me.

I tried EVERYTHING I could think of before finally downgrading to the original R4 firmware.

PS: I just tried again just in case but no dice, it still tells me the save is corrupted.

leniad

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Using YSmenu lets me play other games that don't have support in the original firmware, and it's still getting updates. I could switch firmwares each time I want to migrate pokemons, but as I mentioned before, a fix would be infinitely better.

Plus, by posting about this problem, I might help other people in my situation realize the problem might be ysmenu and solve their own "save game corrupted" errors.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use r4enc or whatever it is to decrypt the r4's menu dat file, and rename it something like r4menu.nds - then you should be able to boot both ysmenu and r4 from ysmenu at will. If it's not the fact that yasu has 3in1 functions in ysmenu already, then it is patch location - for that try the cheat codes if possible.

ZeppyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it's pretty easy... Get GBAexploader.
Set the game to the actual cartridge(3rd option)
Migrate via platinum
Happy Cheating(sorta)

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How the f... can I run the RTC on Emerald? GBA Tool Advance 07.a have Clock Fix for Ruby and Sapphire only. There is no way to patch Emerald ROM ;/ Save working properly but RTC not. I've treid google but everyone says there isn't any RTC patch for Emerald... Anyone can help me? Is there someone who can make patch for Emerald? I don;t know what to do
frown.gif

PS. Sorry for my english
PS2. damn! there is now way that no one in the universe cannot make that clock fix for emerald

EDIT
My hardware: AceKard 2.1 and 3in1 Plus
Software: AceKard software 4.17 and GBAExpLoader 0.58b
Pokemon Diamond (U) pokepatched (hacked save file: 8 badges, national dex, every key item etc.) and Pokemon Ruby (E) clock patched.

I've wroted Ruby to NOR memory and my save is in SRAM. Everything is working great but I can't migrate and Dongle function also don't work ;/ On Ruby save I have 6 pokemon in party.
What should I do now??

BTW, after clock fix RTC still not working properly. It's working only when I'm playing the game. Someone on forum says that 3in1 plus don't have RTC hardware.. but I just wondering if DS have RTC hardware maybe there is a way?

PS> Again, I know my english sucks ;/

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm totally lost... you guy make it sound more complicated then it should be.

ver:4.5 only shows white screens.

kurono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thought I'd confirm that using YSMenu on an R4 will lead to a "corrupt" save message when attempting to migrate. I switched to the R4 firmware and everything was working.

I also tried the r4dec on the R4 menu file and renamed it to a *.nds file, but it won't boot within the YSmenu.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tac 21 said:
ver:4.5 only shows white screens.
I'm not shocked, mainly because I've never released a ver 4.5...
tongue.gif

Game(including region, as I've said multiple times I've not looked at any of the ones since platinum USA was released), DS cart, GBA cart(v5 has only been tested with 3in1 at this point, I could have easily bungled something that wrecks the other cards). ie: If it's diamond/pearl and you want to deal with it on ez3in1, then use patcher v3 or older which should avoid most white screen problems. It's just been too bloody hot out here to be sitting at the heater... er, PC - for any length of time

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have save from gamefaqs.com but migration option doosn’t showed up :/ Diamond (U) is pokepatched, Pal park unlocked, everything ok… Ruby (E) is clock patched, save working great, game is in NOR, i have 6 pokemon in party.. Why this don’t work?
frown.gif

Check out also my previous post please and someone answer

EDIT
I've tried again with this:
Hardware: AceKard 2.1, EZ 3in1 Plus, Nintendo DS Lite, SanDisk MicroSD 2GB
Software: AceKard firmware 4.17 (from here: http://www.acekard.com), GBA ExpLoader 0.58b by Rudolph (from here: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/),
Games: Pokemon Diamond (U) with pokepatch ver4.1 in folder ROMs on my MicroSD, Pokemon Emerald (UE) clean ROM, save working, RTC not, game in NOR memory (I can start GBA game when I turn on my DS), ROM in folder ROMs on my MicroSD
Saves: Pokemon Diamond (U) action replay save from gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/save/925601.html) with everything unlocked in folder ROMs on my MicroSD, Pokemon Emerald (UE) save in SRAM, working perfectly, 6 pokemon in party

Migration and Donle don't work
frown.gif
Can anyone tell me why??!

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Very silly suggestion but... are you holding down L at startup of game? The reason is that in all those detailed steps of what you did I don't see you mentioning holding L down at all.
tongue.gif
Btw ya might want to remove those ROM site links. One doesn't work but the other does. It's against the forum rules.

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've just tried holding L while Diamond intro but still nothing ;/ Why everyone can make it work but not me?

EDIT
Maybe it's because this Action Replay save? It have National Pokedex, Pal Park unlocked but maybe something is wrong... ? Can anyone give me your own save with national dex and pal park? I've read that cory using vvedge save for testing... may I have this save? I'm using AceKard btw but I can convert

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43