Gaming Pokemon XY PokeRadar Guide! :D

DannyAwesome1104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, i want to share some experience regarding this. I followed a guide that had the 4 width min rule and other strict rules, but I found it its not necessary.
I made sure I always got to the most noticeable shaking grass every time. Once you found the pkmn you want, start chaining.

I found out going to the shaking grass patch that matches your shaking that is atleast 3 steps form your position works. Any patch that meets your criteria and is 3 or more steps away will work, including those really far ones. However, I didn't test the scenario where 2 shaking grass of the same nature where side to side. I dunno if you go to your closest one, but I went to the farthest one and it didnt broke my chain.

Anyway, I used to follow the 4 width rule thing, and it took me way too long, like 2-3 hrs. Without those rules, I managed to get to 40 chains after 30 mins (can vary depending how much you have to reset)

Also I heard that if the shaking grass happens to be on an edge, if you enter it form the outside (ie: facing the patch of grass) It wont break. So far, I tested it and seems to work.

Thanks for your opinions! :)
Actually I've been doing that 3 width rule, too. What I think is that your chances of your chain to continue is determined by these rules & how far away is the patch. I did that 3 width rule, & I did manage to get to chain 40 (but I never caught a shiny D: ). But lately, it hasn't been working out for me that rule (maybe bad luck).
Also, the grass happening on the edge IS really true. It's actually a chance of this happening or not. Believe me. I lost the chain by encountering in the edge. I even broke my chain of 32 just by using the PokeRadar at the edge (WHY?! D: ).
Oh well, I guess you have to be a bit lucky if you wanna chain. ;)

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Well, I find the bit of lucky part kinda unnecessary. I got 2 shiny inkays today by chaining them (had to do another chain to get another one because the first one had wrong nature...) I however went lots of time to the 3 step away shaking grass that matched my criteria and it never broke ;)

I figure out that one just need to pay close attention to the type of shaking grass. Because they are some that almost look alike, and they fool you. Im sure this is more annoying on other places, because of the camera.

Most of the time I got fooled by them because the shaking grass I needed to go didn't appeared, and the other look alike shaking grass did appear, so it kinda tricks you.
And yeah, never reset on the edge, it can break your chain. try to reset in the center of the patch of grass.

DannyAwesome1104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I find the bit of lucky part kinda unnecessary. I got 2 shiny inkays today by chaining them (had to do another chain to get another one because the first one had wrong nature...) I however went lots of time to the 3 step away shaking grass that matched my criteria and it never broke ;)

I figure out that one just need to pay close attention to the type of shaking grass. Because they are some that almost look alike, and they fool you. Im sure this is more annoying on other places, because of the camera.

Most of the time I got fooled by them because the shaking grass I needed to go didn't appeared, and the other look alike shaking grass did appear, so it kinda tricks you.
And yeah, never reset on the edge, it can break your chain. try to reset in the center of the patch of grass.

Thanks! I also try to go to the patch that shakes the most because I thought it would help me, but that could be the cause my chain keeps breaking. :P I'm gonna update my guide to follow this.
BTW Have you got more than 1 shiny while chaining? Because I heard you can only get 1 shiny per chain.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I tried to get another shiny after the first wrong inkay, but I didnt got another shiny patch, so my best bet is no. Makes sense, otherwise shinies would be aplenty.

Also, I wonder if anyone can confirm that shiny pokemons found via chaining have atleast 2 perfect IVs?
I checked the IVs of the 2 shiny inkays I found and both had atleast 2 perfect IVS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol