Homebrew Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS can be exploitable according to SciresM

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP

These games can be used as primary exploits, and most likely userland. Userland homebrew cannot be used to install B9S or CFW. Keep in mind that the games are not exploited yet, however they possibly can be in the future. Don't get your hopes up.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Wonder how he's going to distribute this secret without giving it to someone who will leak it to Nintendo for $.
The safest bet is to share it with someone who's developed and released a userland sploit.
But other than MrNbaYoh (who passed on this), there doesn't seem to be anybody left actively developing userland sploits for the 3ds. :/

Reactions: The Catboy

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wonder how he's going to distribute this secret without giving it to someone who will leak it to Nintendo for $.
The safest bet is to share it with someone who's developed and released a userland sploit.
But other than MrNbaYoh (who passed on this), there doesn't seem to be anybody left actively developing userland sploits for the 3ds. :/
doesn't matter if it gets patched since these are cart games you can just delete the update it will just be like oot where its left unpatched game freak aren't going to go back the the older gens to fix bugs.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
doesn't matter if it gets patched since these are cart games you can just delete the update it will just be like oot where its left unpatched game freak aren't going to go back the the older gens to fix bugs.
1) Oot is a secondary. It is less of a threat.
2) Gamefreak does patch exploits: take basehax, for example. They take pokemon cheating especially seriously.
3) This exploit would cover about 30 million carts and digital copies (not counting Ultra possibly). This exploit is almost as bad as soundhax since almost everybody has one of those games. They will patch it.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they can't patch it unlike sound hax because oras and x ad y also have physical copy's and you can delete the update so it would be really easy to get around the patch. You can easily get around the patches in sun and moon this way to still use the pelago glitch.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

ItsKaitlyn03

Official GBAtemp ?
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I can't make exploits (take a look at 3dfii), ive played around with stack smashing ds games but never 3ds games : P, either way its kinda sad nobody wants to make userland exploits :/

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am very aware of this potential problem, and am being careful -- my standards for "competent enough to be given the exploit" are pretty high. That said, I've given it to ~5 people so far, all of whom I'm confident I can trust to not be assholes.

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He-Who-Shan't-Be-Named intensifies...
I think that deserves the He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named treatment. Constantly reading about such an exploit possibly going to the wrong person now scares me more than the excitement of the exploit's benefits.
There we go, we got a good name theme going now

On a serious note though, an exploit covering that many games out there would be useful for when we can install B9S from userland on any firmware someday... Exciting thoughts.

Last edited by Ricken,

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
On a serious note though, an exploit covering that many games out there would be useful for when we can install B9S straight from userland on any firmware someday... Exciting thoughts.
but it's literally impossible to install b9s with just an arm11 userland exploit
you need an arm9 exploit to do that
what you said made no sense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw