Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

Bobsplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just want to make sure I'm on the right page here. Trying to get this process to work; more of a learning experience. But here's what I've done.

I don't have a WLAN-dongle, so I just downloaded a program called MyPublicWifi. I set up a network to run through my computer, so that worked fine. Then I got Wireshark to "snoop" through the incoming and outgoing packets. I connected my 3DS to the new connection and sent a Wonder Trade. I found the one packet with a length of 989 that was also from the source "Nintendo" and popped that open.

Now I'm a bit foggy on how to continue. The updated instructions say to use something like a Hex Editor which I downloaded, but I'm not actually sure what to do at this point. Am I just supposed to find the 252 bytes I need in this mess and save that as pkm.bin, edit it and then somehow inject it into my next Wonder Trade?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I just want to make sure I'm on the right page here. Trying to get this process to work; more of a learning experience. But here's what I've done.

I don't have a WLAN-dongle, so I just downloaded a program called MyPublicWifi. I set up a network to run through my computer, so that worked fine. Then I got Wireshark to "snoop" through the incoming and outgoing packets. I connected my 3DS to the new connection and sent a Wonder Trade. I found the one packet with a length of 989 that was also from the source "Nintendo" and popped that open.

Now I'm a bit foggy on how to continue. The updated instructions say to use something like a Hex Editor which I downloaded, but I'm not actually sure what to do at this point. Am I just supposed to find the 252 bytes I need in this mess and save that as pkm.bin, edit it and then somehow inject it into my next Wonder Trade?
Yes, you are supposed to find the data, there are offsets indicated on the first post by the way. You can't inject anything at the moment because of the checksums. If you want a simpler way to copy the Pokemon to your PC, try this:
Automatic PKX Dumper:

http://dev9.ca/ZanDump_x64.zip
http://dev9.ca/ZanDump_x86.zip(Untested)

Requirements:
Windows 7/8

3DS Traffic passing through PC without using a virtual adapter like connectify/virtual router.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
you can use the windows update to fix it or you can download it through the visual studios express.

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 (x86) - English
Download now

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 (x64) - English
Download now

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 (ARM) - English
Download now

Or you can use this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads

Links are found under Additional Software.

Bobsplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you are supposed to find the data, there are offsets indicated on the first post by the way. You can't inject anything at the moment because of the checksums. If you want a simpler way to copy the Pokemon to your PC, try this:
Alright, the x64 version isn't working for me even though I'm sure my comp is x64, but the x32 worked.
It says it's searching for trade, so I tried another Wonder Trade, but nothing changed. Is that how I'm supposed to use it?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright, the x64 version isn't working for me even though I'm sure my comp is x64, but the x32 worked.
It says it's searching for trade, so I tried another Wonder Trade, but nothing changed. Is that how I'm supposed to use it?

Maybe your operative system is x86? You also have to send the 3DS data though you computer without using a virtual hostpot? I'm not sure how can be done. I haven't tested it.

Bobsplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your operative system is x86? You also have to send the 3DS data though you computer without using a virtual hostpot? I'm not sure how can be done. I haven't tested it.
I'm almost sure it's not working because of that "go through the computer without using a hotspot" thing. But I honestly don't even know how I'd go about doing that.

And I thought x32 and x86 were the same?

AgoraphobicNosebleed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gave it a try and no luck. I am able to get .pkx info from the same setup using wireshark. SS.jpg

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm almost sure it's not working because of that "go through the computer without using a hotspot" thing. But I honestly don't even know how I'd go about doing that.

And I thought x32 and x86 were the same?

I don't know why it is called 86 but yes, it's the same thing. What I meant is that regardless of the hardware of your computer, you may be using a x32 OS.

Bobsplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why it is called 86 but yes, it's the same thing. What I meant is that regardless of the hardware of your computer, you may be using a x32 OS.
You might be right. I don't know anymore.
Regardless, there isn't much point to me doing this if I can't re-introduce the Pokemon into the game. How long do you think it will take until we can bypass those checksums?

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How am I supposed to set that up?

Having 2 ethernet adapters is of course the simplest way...

3DS ) ) Router -> PC -> Modem -> Internet

Another...

3DS ) ) Router -> PC ) ) Router -> Modem -> Internet

... Another ...

3DS ) ) Router -> PC ) ) Mobile Device ) ) Internet

and the last option is through ARP Poisoning, which would allow you and your 3DS to both be connected to a router normally.

shooterwilliams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Another...

3DS ) ) Router -> PC ) ) Router -> Modem -> Internet

... Another ...

and the last option is through ARP Poisoning, which would allow you and your 3DS to both be connected to a router normally.

Hi, sorry to bother, will it work if both my PC and my 3DS are connected wirelessly to the same router?

Also would the software called Connectify be able to replace a Dongle if one doesnt have one?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Also would the software called Connectify be able to replace a Dongle if one doesnt have one?

If you could use Connectify that means you've got a "dongle". He stated that's it's not supported though.

----

Uhmmm... How do I connect a router to my PC?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe he means connect PC to the router using an Ethernet cable and connect your 3DS to the same router using Wi-fi... not sure tho

That makes sense, however I don't know the difference between a router and a modem, I've always used both terms as synonyms the whole time. :s
El edito: I guess I simply can't set this up since I have never had a modem with my current Internet provider.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg