Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

whyyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ettercap, windivert, winpkfilter.
I was involved in a Cisco networking program for a couple years so I know the general idea (working with those kind of switches and routers is a tad different) of what has to happen here. My concern is what kind of time window do you have? Like, okay, you've got your edited rencrypted .pkx file, there's no way to pause the transfer so ideally you broadcast the edited packet as you activate a wondertrade in game and hope it catches?

I feel like I'm missing something very important here.

Reactions: gamefan5

Chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm would intercepting the whole Mystery gift and then changing the gift you will get not be a better option? At least this way you can always make the "gift" available locally so the DS will always find a gift. Unless you can pause the wondertrade i cant see this working.

Reactions: gamefan5 and tyons

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys, the first thing you must try is editing the dex number of the pokemon putting one > 719, so if you succeed to receive the edited pokemon on the game, we will see if there are other pokemon after zygarde. just please don't trade them if you succeed >_>

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was involved in a Cisco networking program for a couple years so I know the general idea (working with those kind of switches and routers is a tad different) of what has to happen here. My concern is what kind of time window do you have? Like, okay, you've got your edited rencrypted .pkx file, there's no way to pause the transfer so ideally you broadcast the edited packet as you activate a wondertrade in game and hope it catches?

As far as I know (and I'm a total noob at this) you can actually set up a rule for an hex injection, so everytime you connect to wondertrade you will get the pokemon you created. This statement could be total BS though, sorry ^^

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As far as I know (and I'm a total noob at this) you can actually set up a rule for an hex injection, so everytime you connect to wondertrade you will get the pokemon you created. This statement could be total BS though, sorry ^^

Are you testing one of the injector programs already? I don't know if I have made this clear but I still don't have the games to test all this stuff out.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope because I don't understand shit xD
I did some Google research though and came to the conclusion that the program HexInject for Linux may be the best option to use, as I don't want to install Linux and doubt that it would work when used in a VM I can't put it to the test

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
About Diance, Hoopa, etc...

Go onto GTS, manually type in the Pokemon you are searching for. The game will accept anything. Like seriously, me and a friend managed to get a Ralts onto GTS and we were asking for something like "Qlkbdgjsf". So please, this Hoopa etc. thing is just a hoax

DannyAwesome1104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, guys. I want to do this, but I have no idea how... I've never used Wireshark, or HexInject, or any of this. If anyone can please make some easier way to understand this, or maybe step-by-step instructions, that would be awesome to me and to some people that have a hard time understanding this. I don't really have a USB WLAN Dongle, so I hope there's a way around that. Thanks! :)

About Diance, Hoopa, etc...

Go onto GTS, manually type in the Pokemon you are searching for. The game will accept anything. Like seriously, me and a friend managed to get a Ralts onto GTS and we were asking for something like "Qlkbdgjsf". So please, this Hoopa etc. thing is just a hoax

I don't know about that. I don't think it's a coincidence that many people are inputting this. Also, it's been said that XY has added over 70 new Pokémon (I could be wrong here). So sum it up with the Black/White National Dex (649+70=719). 719 Pokémon is probably what we think there is, but it said over 70, so maybe that's where these new Pokémon come in. Who knows? :/

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, guys. I want to do this, but I have no idea how... I've never used Wireshark, or HexInject, or any of this. If anyone can please make some easier way to understand this, or maybe step-by-step instructions, that would be awesome to me and to some people that have a hard time understanding this. I don't really have a USB WLAN Dongle, so I hope there's a way around that. Thanks! :)

At the moment, nobody had managed to get the Pokemon back to the 3DS, I don't know if you still want to try this. Unless you manage to capture the data going though your router, you must create a hotspot using your PC. Assuming you have one internal wireless card on your PC, you can connect your PC to your router using either an ethernet or a USB cable, then you must create a hotspot using your wireless card.

The next you could do is figure out how Wireshark works, I don't think the sniffing part is that difficult.

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Basically it's a bit more complicated than your typical injection attack you would've likely been trained to defend against, you're creating a very very specific firewall that catches and receives a single packet, our target is the incoming trade packet, once blocked our said filter/firewall/program instantaneously copies modifies and injects our new packet so there's no duplicate.

DannyAwesome1104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
DannyAwesome1104 said:
At the moment, nobody had managed to get the Pokemon back to the 3DS, I don't know if you still want to try this. Unless you manage to capture the data going though your router, you must create a hotspot using your PC. Assuming you have one internal wireless card on your PC, you can connect your PC to your router using either an ethernet or a USB cable, then you must create a hotspot using your wireless card.

The next you could do is figure out how Wireshark works, I don't think the sniffing part is that difficult.

Actually, I was trying the sniffing part for myself, but I couldn't find that packet, I tried following this advice:
To help find the wonder trade packets, make sure your computer is situated between the 3DS and the Internet within the network... Then set a display filter of data.len == 947, a capture filter set to UDP only will also help.
But now I know I need a hotspot to do so, so Thanks! :D

P.S. Sorry, the reply button isn't working for me :P lol

Could we use mystery gift so when it's looking for the pokemon we could inject it?
and by the way how would we inject a bin file & where would we inject it?
That isn't really a bad idea, but I don't know any ideas to do that. I'm no coder :P

Chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just grab any old router with with wifi make sure its connected to the internet and at least one machine with wireshark or another app. Then start the wonder trade. Then just look at the app/Wireshark for sent/received.

Other than that its useless at the moment. You can make files ready for when someone has a breakthrough i guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...