• Total voters

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
1380816_756126594416997_841153393_n.jpg

Nintendo should sue those stores. I mean they've been working so hard to make it a Worldwide release.

Reactions: T Link7

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I like its design, its giving me Zudomon X Needleman.exe.
Chesnaught looks like it could be somewhat fast. The shell is big, granted, but it looks hollow.

I thought that you'll go to sleep until October 12th!!

Reactions: digipokemaster

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
1380816_756126594416997_841153393_n.jpg

Nintendo should sue those stores. I mean they've been working so hard to make it a Worldwide release.

I'm calling bullshit on that. Taking copies of games from a store because of breaking street dates, and also taking the copy from someone who paid for it with their own cash is pretty much extortion, and I doubt Nintendo would put themselves in that position.

What the store did and what kosthedin did may not have been in Nintendo's best interests, but it was far from illegal. Something's fucky, and I think I smell fecal matter from a large bovine emanating from the direction of kosthedin.

I have a feeling he was getting scared about a legal takedown from Nintendo, so he made up some bullshit story. And now others are dropping off because they believe kos' story. Either that or this is all just a huge PR scheme from Nintendo, and all the streamers/leakers are either being paid by nintendo or have some kind of connection with Nintendo. But I can't find my tin foil hat, so I'm just going to call BS on these shenanigans.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't get the hate for the starter evos. Sure, they look different, not like previous generations where the third forms looked (a bit) like the first one, but that's what makes them so great imo. The first time I saw Greninja, I didn't know it's (supposed to be) the third form of Froakie and I already loved it. Now even more so since I'll be picking Froakie. Delphox and Chesnaught look kinda cool as well, especially Chesnaught. Hell, it's like a new era of Pokemon, different and that's what I love.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i dont know why people are bitching about getting X or Y...

Why-not-both.jpg

Because money doesn't grow on trees?

I'm calling bullshit on that. Taking copies of games from a store because of breaking street dates, and also taking the copy from someone who paid for it with their own cash is pretty much extortion, and I doubt Nintendo would put themselves in that position.

What the store did and what kosthedin did may not have been in Nintendo's best interests, but it was far from illegal. Something's fucky, and I think I smell fecal matter from a large bovine emanating from the direction of kosthedin.

I have a feeling he was getting scared about a legal takedown from Nintendo, so he made up some bullshit story. And now others are dropping off because they believe kos' story. Either that or this is all just a huge PR scheme from Nintendo, and all the streamers/leakers are either being paid by nintendo or have some kind of connection with Nintendo. But I can't find my tin foil hat, so I'm just going to call BS on these shenanigans.

Tbh, I doubt that.

I don't think kosthedin was doing anything illegal, but the store must have broken a contract with Nintendo by selling early without permission, which would probably give Nintendo the right to re-claim their stock. Selling a product without the permission of the manufacturer is punishable by some pretty hefty fines.

What I'm assuming is that the store thought it could make a net gain if they were the only ones selling the game for 10 days (making their sales skyrocket), and when Nintendo followed up with a law suit, they'd have more than enough money to pay them out and walk away with more money than they started.

But maybe I'm wrong. I just don't smell any shenanigans as of yet.

I don't think Nintendo made kosthedin give up his copy, if anything it sounds like he willingly returned it as a gesture of good intent. I think Nintendo might be lenient with him and return it to him on release day, but only time will tell.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I loved both Greninja (As I thought it is Water/Dark) and Chestnaught, but I didn't like Delphox (I will stick with Torchic or Charmander).
Also, after the revealing of Mega Charizard X, I had conflicts between Froakie + Charmander, Froakie + Bulbasaur, or Chespin + Squirtle.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There may not be many new Pokemon. The earlier leaker who leaked Greninja as Water/Dark type said there was only about 70 new Pokemon and very little post elite4 content.

I've been looking through the pokedex numbers, it's filled up with many older gen Pokemon and very little new Pokemon. :/ Even in the live stream the guy was encountering just older Pokemon and rarely any new ones.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because money doesn't grow on trees?

What I'm assuming is that the store thought it could make a net gain if they were the only ones selling the game for 10 days (making their sales skyrocket), and when Nintendo followed up with a law suit, they'd have more than enough money to pay them out and walk away with more money than they started.

But maybe I'm wrong. I just don't smell any shenanigans as of yet.

considering theres a hefty fine per sold game (thats what I've heard seems to be standard practice with nintendo), upwards of 1000$, i dont believe they thought they could sell out and make enough profit.

this was just a guy, putting his friend into huge trouble. a friend who is most likely been a gamestop employee for the longest of times

as for chestnaught, from the stats screen its clear to see that it excels at def and atk.
its speed should be the lowest stat on neutral natures. you can see by the red and blue colors that it has pro speed and con spdef nature, so thats why speed isnt the lowest stat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @rqkaiju2, happy early birthday +1