Pokemon X and OR saves

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MeisterAbababa, Dec 1, 2016.

1. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    So the other day I installed a9lh on my original (not new) 3DS to play a retail cartridge of Pokémon Sun. Today, I have tried playing my retail cartridge of Pokémon X and it said the data was corrupted. I don't think it was because of the hack, but the same has happened to my retail cartridge of Omega Ruby.

Is there a way to extract the saves and repair them? I have played a lot of hours with them, but I think the data corruption cannot be repaired...

2. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Gateway used a different save encryption. You need to reload the game while in gateway mode and export the save, then you can import anywhere else. It was a limitation in gateway for some reason.

MeisterAbababa likes this.
  3. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Gateway was never mentioned on the OP

4. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    No, I didn't, but I was using Gateway. I forgot to say it.
    Thanks for answering, I'll try that.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Could you give me some instructions to do this, please?

5. Neptune

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Plug it back into your gateway system and confirm it is still working. If it is, install either SaveDataFiler (google) or JKSM (on this forum) to export the save.

6. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Could you give me some instructions to do this, please?[/QUOTE]
    When you say 'gateway system', can I enter Gateway with a9lh? I am using the Gateway Logo method form here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/
    and the saves don't work...
    Are they lost?

7. Neptune

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Explain how your original Gateway setup was. Were you doing the 4.5 mset exploit or something else?

8. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Sounds like you updated from an older firmware that used older encryption keys. You need to get on an older FW and extract the save file. I think sub 7.0FW used an older key but you'll have to look that up.

9. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Yes, I was using an original 3DS with firmware under 4.5 to launch Gateway with a fully updated emuNAND in classic mode to play bought cartridges. But since Pokémon Sun didnt work with this, I installed a9lh, and now I have a fully updated SysNAND, and when I open the options, it says Sys; and what used to be my emuNAND, GW in the options screen, now says Emu.
    Yes, I was using an original 3DS with firmware under 4.5 to launch Gateway with a fully updated emuNAND to play bought cartridges. Since Pokémon Sun didn't work with this, I installed a9lh. Now I have a fully updated sysNAND, and when I open the options scereen it says Sys; and what used to be my emuNAND, that displayed GW before the version system, now says Emu.
    I followed the steps I found on this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-sun-and-moon-retail-card-error.449462/,
    1) https://plailect.github.io/Guide/ You strart here
    2) https://plailect.github.io/Guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer This will get the file for the a9lh
    3) https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax This will install a9lh
    4)https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

10. Neptune

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    That's it then. You need to be able to boot it again in the 4.5 exploit since that controls the decryption keys for the save game, alternatively you can find someone else who has the exploit already set up and dump your cartridge and export your unique ID and the save data portion.

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Boot in Gateway Mode, press Select then Up to enter the GW settings and make sure it's set to Classic 7.x-, theoretically your save should still work with that setting. Then boot the cart and see if the save works. If it does, you can dump the save and restore it under Luma.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Dec 2, 2016
  12. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Thanks a lot for helping me! But since I cant do that, I will use the 7.x. thing.

Ah yes! It loads! Can I use SaveDataFIler to dump the save?

Last edited by MeisterAbababa, Dec 2, 2016
  13. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Yes, dump the save. Make a new save in ORAS and then import the backup you made in 7.x.

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You might have similar problems with other games, if that happens you'll need a slightly more complicated method to dump the saves (due to the way Gateway saves work only Card2 games such as Pokemon and Animal Crossing let you dump the save directly, others require renaming/copying the save file to match the save manager's title ID beforehand, which for SaveDataFiler is 000400000FF40A00.sav IIRC)

15. Neptune

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    I forgot they added that capability :D

16. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016